After all the hype of this top of the table clash the reality was a little different as the visiting Tameside Bulls side did all they could to bore the home team into submission today. Their negative play and over physical approach made them few fans as they came to be spoilers. Despite this the home side carved out enough chances and can only blame themselves for the goalless draw that send Charscot down to seventh despite still being unbeaten. With a trip to the only 100% team Vanbrugh Royals to follow after the Christmas break this was a result the home side could do without.

After the game manager Rich Grove was unavailable for comment and no one would comment on the rumours that want away starlet Luciano Zautiwill be gone by the time 2006 comes round...though two stories doing the rounds at the moment have the midfield player either being sent away to local team Wascisco to clear his head for a grace period or leaving for 5 players at last season's runners up Comberton Tornados.

Both rumours are possible by all accounts though no one would be drawn further on the stories.



The club built on last week's solid start as the Wolverines travelled to arch rivals Real Madrid and came away with a 1-0 victory that moves the club up to fourth in the table.

Manager Rich Grove surprised many by changing the formation and a number of the personnel after last week's draw and the changes seemed to work as the visitor's created the better chances from less possession than their struggling opponents.  Diego Mancini rewarded his manager for his surprise inclusion by scoring the only goal of the game early in the second half and Charscot were never in any real danger as the hosts strikeforce continue to look in disarray and past their sell by date as they drew a second blank to start the season.

With Charscot playing the only two teams with 100% records in the next 2 games the club already have a chance to exert themselves on the league, or to find themselves adrift of the top...

After the game young midfield star Luciano Zauti shocked the club and it's fans as despite making his debut in the second half at Real he stated his desire to leave the club. Manager Rich Grove was shocked by the news "Luciano is the best young player in the game at present and his request after we have nurtured his talent over the past 2 years is disappointing to say the least. I have made him available with immediate effect but he has to realise that I will only let him go if a suitable offer comes in as he is too important to the club to let him go on the cheap". "I have advised him to get away from the club for a few days and reconsider his request as I feel he may live to regret it, particularly having already broken his way into the team".

With Zauti considered to be worth in the region of £20million on the auction market it is unclear what his future will be. With the club in a healthy profit it seems that he is morel likely to leave for players coming in as cash isn't currently a priority.



After last season's slow start a point today against last season's runners up will be looked upon as a point gained. However, the result doesn't show the complete domination from the home side and it looks as if the luck that Comberton exploited last season is still there in abundance as the visitors shared a 6 goal thriller. Charscot old boy Antonio Cassana scored a brace with Rick Higgott and then Shaun Clayton equalising for the home team.

After going behind again Charscot needed a goal from substitute Jody Morris to save the home team from an undeserved defeat.

The result leaves the Champions in 6th place on the opening day and it is hoped that this season the club can avoide losing so many early season games.

Off the field Charscot gained a real bonus as they managed to acquire a potential star keeper for the future Rinat Dasaev. Rinat has already played for the Under 21's despite only being 16 years old and it is hoped he will have matured as a player by the time he makes the first team squad in 2007. The club were fortunate to get him as it looked like they would be outbid for his services after his club made him available to the highest bidder but thankfully for Charscot the bidder in opposition hit a snag with the paperwork and the bid was deemed unacceptable.

This signing doesn't bode well for all the keepers already on Charscot's books. Rumours have it that following Landreau's superb performances last season experienced keeper James Keeley may be allowed to leave.

However, it is further reported that a pre-sell agreement has already been reached with a manager on the South Coast so any offers for any keepers at the club are unlikely to be successful at this point...

At boardroom level it was announced today that Paul Bennett has joined the club. Following Mr Bennett's excellent advice and impressive scouting reports it was felt that to not have him at the club in an advisory capacity would have been a mistake. "Paul has proven repeatedly that his scouting network is second to none and we look forward to continue this established partnership that has helped bring in players of the quality of Dasaev and Adriano to name just two recent arrivals".




The impossible became reality today as against all the odds Charscot came from the worst start in their history to take the title by a point following an end to the season that saw them win their last 7 matches.

Relying on Thamesford not winning and taking 3 points at former champions Callie Athletic the odds were stacked against the Wolverines as they visited their local rivals for the final game of the season. It quickly became apparent today that Callie weren't up for the battle and that Thamesford's players just weren't playing at their usual levels after having played the Cup Final two days earlier...

With half time the Championship was heading to Comberton before a strange incident at Callie's Nat's Valley ground turned the tables for Charscot. After just over an hour the almost constant pressure from the away team proved too much for one guest in the crowd. There as the personal guest of the League President, Glynn Carey, his esteemed guest Grommit cracked and ran onto the pitch as manager Rich Grove made a double substitution.

The site seemed to affect the home team's players as within 90 seconds Ivan Trojan had given the visitors the lead at which point they never looked back.

Des Blackman, keen to be the club's top scorer for a third straight season scored 10 minutes later to edge out Supporter's Player of the Year Ivan Trojan for top scorer. Shortly after super sub Shaun Clayton added a third to seal the title. With Thamesford having collapsed the atmosphere was like a party as time was played out with Charscot's fans and players eager to celebrate the impossible dream.


At the final whistle Charscot's fans took to the pitch as the players decided to stay on the field and party with their fans. After an hour an incredibly shocked manager finally made it to the press conference - "This day has been 19 seasons in waiting and right now it is so worth it. I can't explain how it feels to finally be a champion. The start of the season was so hard for all of us here at the club but my players never gave up and I couldn't be prouder. To come from so far adrift to take the League is something myself, the players, and the fans of this club will never forget. My captain Billy Dane, thought he was leaving a couple of months ago and right now he is back in the dressing room a wreck after achieving his lifelong aim of bringing this club the Title. This is for him and our fans as they have been with us through thick and thin".

"Can we repeat ?" ..."at this moment I am not even thinking about that...I just want everyone associated with the club to savour this triumph... it has been a long hard battle...my opponents at Comberton , Thamesford and Plzen were there right to the end and to finish above three such esteemed managers gives me so much pleasure".

"The players will be honoured at the local Town Hall after a parade tomorrow...they have given this club their pride back and no matter what may come this title will always be a part of the record books now and hopefully should silence some of the doubters who said we didn't have what it takes to reach the next level"...

And so a long hard season ends with the title despite one win from the first 8 games and trailing the leaders by 11 poinrs with just 6 games to go. After this anything else surely has to be easier ...




15.00 : Thamesford kick off leading the league and just needing to match Charscot's result and avoid losing to Comberton to take the title/

15.23 : A shock first goal of the afternoon as Michael Fisher scores to give Comberton the lead in the game and the title chase.

15.35 : Fisher adds a second and the title looks firmly in Comberton's hands now.

15.41 : A seemingly good goal for Des Blackman is disallowed as Charscot try to force home their advantage.

15.45 : As the half time whistles blow Comberton lead the league by a point from Charscot with Thamesford back in third.

16.06 : Mark Brazil scores a third against Thamesford United and the title is destined to go to a new team as Thamesford's position is lost.

16.20 : Manager Rich Grove brings on two subs in a desperate attempt to get a goal.

16.21 : Grommit runs from the stands to try to get to the manager for making the substitutions !

16.22 : Substitute Shaun Clayton sets up Ivan Trojan to put Charscot ahead and now the title is heading to the Blue Silver Stadium.

16.32 : Des Blackman rounds off a great team move to put Charscot clear of Callie and in sight of the title.

16.34 : Mike Hobson scores a consolation goal for Thamesford United that is far too littl far too late.

16.36 : Shaun Clayton rounds off a superb substitute performance with the third goal to leave Charscot fans already celebrating.

16.47 : Final whistle at Thamesford and both sets of players drop to the ground as they hear the later score from Callie.

16.48 : James Housden blows the final whistle and the ground erupts as Charscot's players and fans alike start wildly celebrating. It's all over !!!



After 30 long weeks the Championship is now officially on the line next week after today's results favoured Charscot.

Charscot entertained AFC Fifa today, who proved to be a very hard opponent as the visitors led 1-0 at the half. Despite being put to the sword by the visitors for long periods the midfield were in creative form as they carved out enough clear cut chances to make the difference. The hero was striker Ivan Trojan who hit 2 goals in 15 minutes to give the home side a battling 3 points.

At the final whistle the fans began to party in the ground as the news filtered through that perennial leaders Comberton Tornados had dropped to third after losing 2-0 at home and Champions Thamesford had succumbed to a goalless draw that leaves the top of the table open for 3 different teams going into the final week.

With Charscot's rivals playing each other next week anything less than a Charscot win will guarantee that the Wolverines will not be gaining their first title. Even if Charscot win they need Thamesford to fail to win.. that is the one scenario that will bring the title to South London.

Next week will be a testing time for all the players, fans and the manager..who has never been this close to the title....

One piece of early team news is the loss of Marco Dandenii who after getting a sprained rib in training today will not be playing before christmas.

After only a week ago claims were made that Charscot were going with their current squad next season the manager today announced that another large deal was imminent. Young prospects Ricardo Quarsema and Fabio Aurelio are being allowed to leave the club for Hebden Bridge in the Will Scarlet league. In return young midfield star Zak Newton will be joining the Wolverines.

This deal is considered to be a bit of a gamble as the club is struggling to find spots in the lineup for the "all bril" brigade as it is without adding to it. With Ricardo and Fabio both being so young it is a risk...although neither were expected to figure in the first team lineup for a few seasons yet.

All indications are that Stefan Selakovic's lack of scoring from midfield has helped to bring about this deal as Stefan can be moved to a defensive role with Zak fitting into the midfield nicely. With so many young midfielders at the club now it is anticipated that 2 or 3 of them will be allowed to get some games out on loan in the coming season.



Despite a 2-1 win away to Toon Town Boys today the title looks beyond the Wolverines with Thamesford and Comberton both winning.

Charscot controlled the game from the first whistle as a first half brace from Rich Higgott was enough to ensure the win despite the Toon scoring midway through the second half.

This result moved Charscot into the top 3 with Plzen drawing but if both the top 2 win next week Charscot cannot take the title no matter how they perform in their final two games...

Off the field manager Rich Grove acted quickly following Simon Oats' sending off last week as the player was put straight onto the Auction Market. It is anticipated that Simon should raise about £10mill ...but as the club don't need the money most experts are taking this as a sign from the manager that he won't accept players putting results in jeopardy on the pitch any more.

Rumours are that the manager intends to go with 8 players in each outfield position next season...if true it looks like the dealing of players may be at an end for the time being...



All of the sudden the impossible seems to have a slim chance of occurring. Just 3 weeks ago Charscot were 11 points adrift of top spot in the league but Comberton's complete collapse has left the club only two points from the top with 3 games to go following today's win, although the club are still fourth.

The 1-0 victory today courtesy of a goal from Rick Higgott just after the hour mark doesn't reflect the complete domination by the home team, who really should have won by 3 or 4 more goals. However, the last few minutes proved tense as substitute Simon Oats was sent off with 8 minutes left on the clock and the home side had to withstand some pressure as the game reached it's climax.

After the game manager Rich Grove had a lot to say for himself. "I am very proud of this team for the way they have hauled themselves back from an atrocious start to the season. We are still the outsiders for the title as Thamesford have done it all so many times before and Plzen have been so consistent, but to even have a shout at the title is something my players should be proud of themselves for. Whilst I am proud of most of my player's achievements, I cannot condone the behaviour of Simon Oats. The tackle he made could have ended a career today, it was totally inexcusable. He will not play again for me this season and I have serious reservations whether I want a player like that at the club. I may well try to transfer him out of the club over the next fortnight.. but I will discuss the whole situation with the player first before making any firm decision".



Charscot's superlative away form continued as they won 2-0 at Tameside Eagles today to keep alive their chances of a top 3 finish. Des Blackman scored after only four minutes and the visitors never looked back as they soaked up the pressure before substitute Shaun Clayton added a second with 3 minutes left on the clock. With the top two losing Charscot find themselves with just a little too much to do, trailing crumbling leaders Comberton by 5 points with just four games to go. Manager Rich Grove stated after the game that all the club can realistically aim for is a top 3 finish and even that is not exactly likely.

Luke Wilkes today joined Cockney Boys of the Royal Oak Elite league for a fee of £ 8,666,000. His wish to stay in London was apparently a deciding factor in his destination as he hopes to kick start the last few years of his career after faltering with the Wanderers.

In the youth team Timothy McCullagh broke the youth Charscot scoring record as he notched his 61st goal in the youth team's 7-0 win. After the game he was rewarded by being placed as available for £ 1,800,000.



Charscot cruised to an easy victory despite the scoreline only showing a 1-0 victory. Lammermuir never got going and struggled to mount any threat as they find themselves all but relegated and unlikely to be returning to the Blue Silver Stadium next season. Billy Dane, revelling in his role since returning to the starting lineup scored the winning goal after 18 minutes and after that there was only going to be one winner as the home team keep up the pressure chasing a top 3 finish.

It seems behind the scenes a change of focus means that captain Billy Dane may not be leaving the club after all. Billy's professional attitude , particularly to his being mainly a sub this season, followed by his performances since being reinstated have made manager Rich Grove rethink his plans. It is now understood that Billy may well stay if his form is maintained over the next 4 weeks, whereas his change of status may mean the end for another player...

If Dane stays it seems like that someone else will be leaving the club, with expert sources believing it will be Simon Oats, Conrad Flint or Andy Smith. Flint is the favourite to be leaving the club if this scenario plays out...

However, it is just as likely that no one else will be leaving the squad with the seemingly poor financial returns likely from the sales of Luke Wilkes and Steve Thompson making the auction market an unappealing way of selling at present....



Charscot's excellent away form continued today as they remained undefeated for 3 months on the road after crushing Furneaux Spurs 3-0. This game was incredibly one-sided and the only surprise was that it took until after half time for the visitors to take the lead.

However, 2 goals in a minute directly after half time killed off the home team's valiant effort. A penalty from Ivan Trojan was followed by Nigel Pepper's first goal in 2 seasons before Billy Dane, restored to the starting lineup, added a third.

This result left the club still with a chance of going for third spot with Plzen crashing to Comberton and Charscot have 3 points to make up over 6 weeks...

Off the field Steve Thompson was placed on the auction market officially and Luke Wilkes heads towards the end of his career with just 10 days of bidding for his services left.



Soul destroying...that was how today's performances in league and cup were described as Charscot crashed out in the quarter-finals today and dropped out of the race for the top 3.

In the league Charscot were undone by better finishing on the day as despite controlling the game the home side found themselves losing by three goals to one. The damage was done in a lethargic first half as the visitors raced to a two goal lead with that the home side could never quite pull back. The killer goal just before half time was followed by a third in the 69th minute. Although Ivan Trojan immediately hit back it was too little as Charscot lost their first game in 3 months.

This result leaves the club 4 points clear of fifth and 5 points adrift of third and the season is now over with 7 games to go.

To rub salt into the wounds Charscot had another lethargic first half in the cup where once again the visitor's, Division 2 champions elect Saints United, raced into a two goal lead. Former Charscot hero Luis Suarez took just 4 minutes to score on his return and from there the home team just never got going. A goal with 15 minutes to go from Eya Mistabic gave false hope to the home fans who made their feelings known at the final whistle, as they pelted the home team with club shop brochures that had been handed out before the game in a club promotion.

After the game manager Rich Grove promised changes to the team. "I have a number of players on the fringe who will be getting their opportunity over the next two months with nothing to play for. I am bringing forward my plans to offload a number of players. I have started by agreeing a deal to send Juan Luis Maranio to Wascisco Red Sox. I will be looking at sending Steve Thompson to the auction market within the next 2 weeks. As far as those that remain are concerned, Christian Panucci will be moving to a spot in defence with immediate effect and captain Billy Dane will be leaving in the next month, though I have yet to agree a deal for him. I am pleased to announce that when Billy leaves Eya Mistabic will be taking over as club captain".



Pathetic. That was the manager's description to describe the lamentable performance today as Charscot blew a two goal lead and then had to come from behind to take a point in a 3-3 draw at The Academy. After only 10 minutes Shaun Clayton and Ivan Trojan had given the club what should have been a winning lead, yet by the 48th minute the visitors were trailing. Despite equalising within a minute through Rick Higgott the away team couldn't find the fourth goal that they deserved and were left to rue their defensive frailties.

The draw leaves Charscot 8 points adrift of top spot and three points behind second placed Plzen who visit the Blue Silver Stadium next week for a must win fixture for both teams.

The club today announced the arrival of attacker Javier Saviola and defender Jess Spaniel. Javier was previous at the club until three seasons ago, notching up 14 appearances as a substitute and it is hoped he will be a major part of the club's forward line in years to come as part of the young breed awaiting their chance. Spaniel meanwhile has long been admired by the manager who has tried to poach him on numerous occasions and his acquisition will be considered a coup for the club after such a long time. Going to Real Madrid for both players is defender cum midfielder Kim Dae Jung, who is eagerly looking forward to getting some playing time along with cash consdierations.

With midfielder Lee Wilkes being put up for sale on the auction market today it would appear that the squad is being refined in preparation for next season as the title looks beyond the club.



The likelihood of making a late charge for the title disappeared today as Jon Sykes, running scared after being outclassed last week, came to the Blue Silver Stadium with a negative team that the home side just couldn't break down over 90 minutes and had to settle for a goalless draw.

"It won't go down as a good day" conceded manager Rich Grove, "I half expected the negative tactics but hoped we would find a way to break through but alas we just couldn't get that crucial goal. At this point all I can hope is we go on another winning run and put a bit of pressure on Thamesford and Plzen as Comberton are beyond us now".

With Comberton going 9 points clear it really is now a case of trying to get a top 3 placing.

Off the field the scouts found a young star who it is understood will be on the auction market inside a fortnight to hopefully raise the bank balance (see squad for details).



The perfect result. This was the post match description from Rich Grove as Charscot crushed arch rivals Thamesford United on their own ground by 4 goals to 2. After 4 goals were shared in the first half with Des Blackman and an Eya Mistabic penalty for the visitors it looked like a draw with less than 10 minutes on the clock. However, Charscot were not to be denied following an exceptional display and got two late goals from Eya Mistabic and substitute Juan Luis Maranio to take a convincing 4-2 win to complete only their second double over United from 15 attempts.

"This is possibly the best away result my team has ever produced. We were on fire from the first whistle to the last. We need to maintain these levels next week as opposing manager Jon Sykes returns with his second string Barnstoneworth United as the gains we have made today must be built on".

Charscot leapfrogged United to go into 3rd spot with this result but still trail Plzen by 3 points and Comberton by 7 points with 10 games to go. However, this is the earliest good run the club have ever made to regain a top 3 spot so the fans will be hoping for the team to continue their momentum for the remainder of the season.



A big derby match today as Charscot entertained Vanbrugh Royals and the match turned into a thriller which the home side edged with the better of 6 goals. Despite the 4-2 scoreline the home side were never in any trouble controlling the game for long periods with top scorer Des Blackman adding to his season's tally before Ivan Trojan and a brace for Shaun Clayton rounded out the scoring. This result gives Charscot some breathing space in fourth position as they now have a four point cushion on their nearest challenger.

This could prove particularly handy as they face third placed Thamesford United in their hardest game of the season next week. An away win next week would move the wolverines into the top 3 but considering Charscot lost 5-0 at Thamesford last season that may be asking a bit much.

Two games in the same week nearly took their toll in the cup today. Having to travel to northern side Tameside Raiders, who are riding high with only two league defeats in Division 2 is a trip Charscot could have done without. Despite not playing at their best the visitors eventually took this game with a goal in the last minute of extra time to win 3-2 after both sides had exchanged own goals after Ivan Trojan had equalised early in the second half.

After the game the manager stated "I am glad to get through but considering the quality of the opponent I would have been very disappointed to have lost this game. The manager clearly lacks the wherewithal to produce a good footballing side so having to go to extra time is embarrassment enough frankly !".

No the club find themselves in the quarter finals it is assumed the manager's legendary apathy for the cup will wane and he may be prepared to give it a proper shot with the team just 2 matches away from the final...

Off the field midfielder Stefan Selakovic showed his commitment to the club by signing a 4 year extension to his contract. The 21 year old showed his worth in training when he refined his skills and now finds himself about to join the elite top players consider to be perfect.



After all the hard work of recent weeks to get into a challenging position Charscot travelled for a crucial match at relegation threatened AFC Durham where they were looking for only their second ever win.

The players responded in style controlling the game from the first minute though despite a first half goal from Eya Mistabic they were unable to increase their lead and had to settle for a one goal win.

The win closed the top on the leaders as Comberton could only draw but Charscot remain 4th as Thamesford and Plzen continue to win.

Off the pitch defender Vincente Candela has today been allowed to join the auction market and is expected to be gone in a month's time. It is hoped that his superb all round skills will bring a bid around the £8million mark but only time will tell.



In this crucial grudge match Charscot continue to show their dominance over Real Madrid as they beat them 3-1 for the second year running to move up three spots to fourth and keep alive their faint chances of a title challenge.

An early goal from Ivan Trojan had the home team in total control before an equaliser against the run of play early in the second half by Richard Mason. This seemed to just inspire the home attack as goals from Shaun Clayton and player of the year elect Des Blackman were enough to send Real away with nothing to show for their workmanlike performance.

After the match Rich Grove stated " I am not getting too carried away by this performance...beating Real isn't that hard, we need to show we can go away from home and get the crucial wins, starting next week with AFC Durham. We have won 6 straight here at the Blue Silver Stadium so I have come to expect us to beat poor sides here".

After last week's rumours it has now been confirmed that Charscot have swooped to sign teenage goalkeeper Igor Afinkeyev from Nottingham Panthers of the Loxley Elite. The fee, believed to be in excess of £6mill may well be considered a bargain as the 17 year old Russian literally has his career ahead of him.

He is expected to spend the remainder of this year with the youth team before putting pressure on Keeley and Landreau. With the club having a history of running with 2 keepers it will be interesting to see if the current first choices are still with the club next year as undoubtedly there would be no lack of clubs prepared to buy either of them given a chance...



In the crucial battle at Boydstone Road Charscot got the perfect start at Shaun Clayton became only the fifth player to score a first minute goal for the club. After being pegged back Comberton defender Shane Keller put through his own net to give the visitors the lead. Just after half time Keller atoned at the right end to leave the teams sharing the spoils in a 2-2 draw despite Charscot playing the home team off the park for long periods.

After the match Charscot made the trip to AC Merlin for their second round cup tie. Despite equalling a cup record for the club with a 4-0 victory this game was far closer than it looked. Thankfully for the visitors the superior finishing power saw them through to the 3rd round. A brace from on fire attacker Des Blackman along with goals for Stefan Selakovic and Ivan Trojan steered the club to a fine, if slightly undeserved victory.

After the game manager Rich Grove lamented the lack of finishing to go with the performance - " I can't believe that we have only gained a draw after outplaying Comberton from the first whistle.. with luck like that they may well be likely Champions at this rate. I never thought Division 3 side AC Merlin would give us the harder game but they did".

Off the field it was announced that star midfielder Simon Oats would be joining the club from Premier side Brentford Nomads for a fee believed to be around £5million and it can surely only be a matter of time before some players are allowed to leave the club.

It has also been rumoured that there may be a young star joining from abroad within the next week but that has yet to be confirmed.



Des Blackman continues to go on a scoring spree as he hits his 3rd and 4th goals in the last 3 games today. Combined with an early goal from Ivan Trojan that was enough to see off relegation candidates Callie Athletic, who are beginning to look like they are never going to produce the quality they used to produce in their glory days.

At 2-2 at half time it looked like Callie could thwart the home side but Blackman's goal was enough to give the wolverines a 3-2 victory for the clubs 7th league win in 8 games.

It appears Charscot are hitting form just at the right time as they travel to surprise league leaders Comberton Tornados next week.

With the squad at it's strongest in some time it was announced that Kim Dae Jung and Conrad Flint will be spending the rest of the season on loan at Dep El Celtico where it is hoped they will help the club gain promotion to the top flight.



For the second week running Rick Higgott and Des Blackman were the heroes for visiting Charscot Wanderers as they overcame A.F.C. Fifa by two goals to one. Despite going a goal down Charscot bounced back before half time with Higgott's fourth goal of the season, a superb individual goal as he ran from one penalty area to the other before chipping the keeper.

Just as the match looked like ending in a draw Des Blackman popped up with the winner after beating a poor offside trap as the match ran into it's last two minutes.

Rich Grove commented afterwards "After failing to beat Fifa in four previous attempts this result is very sweet. We worked hard to get this win which I will concede was a touch lucky but I will take it. I know my opponent Ian Mooney was trying something new for today's game...when I heard that I have to admit being relieved as his past tactics have always done well against me and any change could only benefit my team".

With this 5th win in 7 matches Charscot moved up to sixth spot and are two wins clear of relegation and three wins adrift of the top spot with next week being the halfway point in the season.

Rumours continue that more changes in the personnel are imminent as the manager has been seen talking with managers from Manchester, Leeds and Nottingham about potential deals...



A quick return to form today as Charscot bounced back from a poor first half to totally outclass visitors Toon Town Boys today. After going a goal down after just 5 minutes the attack hit form in the second half as attackers Rick Higgott, Des Blackman and substitute Juan Luis Maranio sealed a 3-1 win that keeps Charscot in 9th spot in the table.

Maranio's goal was particularly pleasing  as this was only his second match as a sub since arriving at the beginning of the month.

Meanwhile new youth signing Adriano opened his account for the youth team with a goal following his record breaking transfer from Brazil.

With Kim Dae Jung also arriving at the club today it seems only a matter of time before some players are allowed to leave. Rumours continue to link captain Billy Dane and young attacker Ricardo Quarsema as the likeliest candidates for leaving...time will tell if this is true.



A poor performance today as Charscot never got going and were made to pay by fellow strugglers AFC Audenshaw. AFC took an early lead through ex Charscot player Francisco Gento and added a second goal late on to ease to a 2-0 victory over the visiting wolverines.

"I can't be too critical of the players after the past month...they had to hit a wall sooner or later. The important thing is to bounce back with a win next week. We have a number of options with new signings and players returning from injury so hopefully the team will return to winning ways" stated the manager after the game.

Behind the scenes manager Rich Grove announced the likely signing of  Adriano from Brazil as the club's record signing. The fee of £13,782,644 will beat the previous record by £2,644 when Antonio Cassana was signed from Spain in 2000. Adriano has a prolific scoring record at youth levels and appears to have a bright future ahead of him.

"With some experience arriving in the form of Andy Smith, Luke Wilkes and Conrad Flint I have chased Amancio to maintain this club's policy towards having a strong youth system and along with Luciano and Alto , will hopefully be putting pressure on the current first team players for years to come". Although the deal hasn't been completed it is expected that it will be confirmed within the next 48 hours.

Also arriving is South Korean international Kim Dae Jung with Giacommo Mancine and Oliver Bierhoff leaving the club. Jung arrives from Eastleigh Saints with a good reputation and it is expected he will slot into the attack long term rather than the midfield role he has been previously accustomed to.

Mancine leaving in his breakthrough season is somewhat of a surprise whilst Bierhoff's departure is nothing short of shocking as he has been practically an ever present since his arrival at the club. The manager is putting himself in the fan's firing line by letting Oliver leave.

With the squad now at it's highest level in years it is expected that some players will be leaving before the season ends...more than likely via the auction market to reclaim some value.



On the pitch the club edge themselves away from the bottom as they scrape a 1-0 win over Tameside Eagles at the Blue Silver Stadium today. With visiting manager Mike Woolstencroft playing a very negative game it looked like he may take a hard fought point back to Manchester until Christian Panucci scored with a spectacular free kick with just 16 minutes left on the clock. This fourth consecutive win and clean sheet moved the club up one spot to 8th.

The clean sheet means keeper Mickael Landreau is just 90 minutes away from equalling Andy Kerr's record for clean sheets at the start of a players appearances for Charscot and his introduction to the team is being looked upon as a lucky omen to many of the fans.

It has been confirmed today that a large deal has been agreed resulting in 5 players changing clubs. Leaving the club (in what is considered by many to be a bold move considering their youth and potential for the future) are midfielder Guy Norbury and forward Antonio Cassana. Both players are moving to Comberton Tornados, currently riding high in the premier division of the WPL.

Arriving at Charscot from Comberton is reliable midfielder Conrad Flint , who has been a mainstay of the Tornados for years and at 28 is just approaching his peak.

There are also two players arriving from the Premier League in the deal. From Diablo is 30 year old midfielder Andy Smith. It is understood that Andy wants a move to the defence to try to prolong his playing career at the highest level.

Also arriving is midfielder Luke Wilkes. Wilkes arrives at 29 years of age and is hoping to show a good eye for goal and claim a spot in the Charscot attack.

With these changes the squad has unexpectedly grown in size this season and more deals to offload some of the disappointments may be in the offing....



It was announced today that Charscot have swooped to sign Juan Luis Maranio from Allied Premier side Subiacco for a fee of £2,122,143.

The former international player, now aged 35 has been a target for the manager for about a month ever since he was listed as being available and it is understood that Charscot snuck in at the last minute with an acceptable bid.

With midfielder Eya Mistabic picking up a sprained neck muscle yesterday it is expected that Juan could be involved with the starting 11 upon arrival at the club early next week from his spanish villa.

The move was considered a surprise by many after last season's acquisitions of similarly aged players Owen Archdeacon and Carl Jenkins proved to be a short lived experiment with both leaving the club within 6 weeks.

"Juan brings with him a level of performance that will only help the side as well as a wealth of experience. He has assured me he will not consider retirement for at least another year and that guarantee makes him a bargain in my eyes" manager Rich Grove stated at the press conference.



As charscot enter a 6 week period of playing teams below them in the table they got off to the perfect start as they eased to a single goal victory today. Their visit to Lammermuir Fc always looked like a tricky one but a goal after 24 minutes proved enough to bring home a much needed 3rd straight clean sheet win as the club moved up to 9th.

Despite this there is no room for complacency as the club are still just one point above the relegation spots and the next 5 games will go a long way to determining how the season progresses.

Off the field the club were today paired with AC Merlin in the second round of the cup in a game that would have been easy against the perennial no hopers if not for the league president giving up his ownership 2 weeks ago. This will now become a tricky trip for Charscot who have nothing to gain and everything to lose in the next round.



A break from league action as Charscot entertained title chasing Barnstoneworth United to the Blue Silver Stadium for this first round cup clash. As with previous seasons manager Rich Grove was confident of knocking out another Jon Sykes side in the first round and he wasn't disappointed.

A goal in each half was enough to give the home side a comfortable 2-0 victory and safe passage into round 2. Eya Mistabic scored for the second consecutive game to give the home side a half time lead before Rick Higgott, who is already beginning to revel in his new more attacking role, guaranteed a win with the second with a quarter of an hour remaining.

With keeper Mickael Landreau keeping his second consecutive clean sheet the club is quietly beginning to regain it's confidence after it's awful start to the season and the word is that the club hope to slowly pull away from the bottom by the halfway point in the season.



Just what the doctor ordered. Clearly this result today was the perfect tonic as Charscot cruised to their joint best home win ever as they overcame relegation rivals Furneaux Spurs 4-0. By half time the game was over as a contest with the home side 3 up through a Des Blackman brace and a solo goal from Eya Mistabic. One minute into the second half Stefan Selakovic added a fourth and the club spent the remainder of the match just failing to add to their tally.

Especially happy was goalkeeper Mickael Landreau , who made his club debut today and became only the third keeper to keep a clean sheet on his debut (and the first in 8 years).

After the game no one was taking anything for granted. Captain Billy Dane said "we have got ourselves out of the relegation spots and now we must put up a run of wins to get away from the bottom and concentrate on a top 6 spot".



As has become the custom this season Charscot lost again to record their 5th defeat from the first 8 matches and the club now find themselves languishing in the bottom 3 and relegation is a real possibility.

Unlike previous weeks Charscot can have little excuse as Plzen deserved their 3-2 victory which flattered the visitors. In fact, without a late burst of two goals in a minute from sub Christian Panucci and Antonio Zago the scoreline would have been a lot more depressing.

After the match manager Rich Grove promised changes for next week. "I have a squad of players and half of them have let myself and the fans down this season so maybe it is time to give the other half a chance. I will make changes to personnel next week, possibly formation and tactics but time will tell on that. All I will say is if we don't pull away from the bottom 3 by the end of July we may as well kiss goodbye to survival as I seriously doubt these players have the heart for a fight".



Charscot continue to find it hard to pull out a win and have just 5 points from their first seven games and are just 1 point clear of rock bottom.

Today's draw at home to high flying The Academy was fair as the home team failed to hit the target with any consistency despite edging the possession and shots.

After going a goal down inside the first 10 minutes for the 3rd time this season it took a first club goal for Rick Higgott to save the wolverines with 13 minutes left.

With form being a hard thing to find collectively or individually manager Rich Grove announced after the game that Guy Norbury was being recalled from his loan whilst disappointing Jody Morris is to go out on loan to Longfield K.L.F whilst striker Antonio Cassana will be continuing his education at Wascisco Red Sox for the time being.



In a break away from the usual poor league form Charscot today won their second major cup competition in a space of a few months as they took the inaugural Soccer Star Open Tournament. The tournament, that has spanned the last 2 months has involved 128 teams representing every SS league and the battle to win the competition has been a long and hard one.

After beating Partizan of the AEL 3-1 in the first round (Mistabic and a Blackman brace) the Wolverines travelled to RH side Manchester Dragons and had a hard fought 1-0 victory with an early goal from Christian Panucci.

The third round brought a trip to WPL team Boca Juniors who put up a brave fight before Oliver Bierhoff scored a superb hat trick.

Elizabethan League team SV Rammstein visited the Blue Silver Stadium in the fourth with the home team running out 3-1 victors with Dandenii, Dane and another Bierhoff goal for the hosts.

In the quarters Charscot had their hardest battle as they faced Bell Park of the Elizabethan who put up a gutsy performance with Jody Morris scoring from the penalty spot in the second half to take the Wolverines to a semi final clash against underachieving Longfield K.L.F of the WPL.

This match proved a mismatch as Charscot strolled to a 5-2 victory with to goals each for Blackman and Trojan and a solo effort from Billy Dane.

The final brought another WPL team as Real Madrid were the opponents...Anticipation of a great cup final was ruined early on as the referee sent off Real's keeper and Charscot took advantage with a hat trick from Bierhoff and a Trojan wondergoal.

After the match manager Rich Grove led calls for the tournament program (known as "extra time" to be used every week ."The program is perfect as it allows for my mistakes tactically and still ensures I win ! Seriously though, it is great to win the first SS Open...I just hope my players can take this form back into the league as we need to put a run of wins together right now".

The partying to celebrate began straight after the match and it is anticipated that the fans, starved of success until the recent Carey Cup, are planning to celebrate as long as possible !



After last week's great performance the team returned to their abject ways today as they deservedly lost 2-1 at Barnstoneworth United. After conceding two goals in the first half the only consolation was the late goal from debutant Shaun Clayton fresh from the bench. As well as becoming the second debutant in as many weeks to score he also became only the second to score on his debut as a sub.

However, the result itself left manager Rich Grove dejected. "I have the players here but they just aren't performing...whilst I have no doubt the league leaders will be caught it clearly won't be by us. Unless we get some wins VERY quickly we will have a long hard fight against relegation and that simply isn't good enough".



A superlative performance following a tactical change that fooled Thamesford United was enough to give Charscot their first win of the season today as they pulled out of the bottom three with a 3-1 home win. After playing a cagey 3-5-2 last week Rich Grove opted to revert to a more conventional 4-3-3 whilst his opponent changed to a 4-4-2 to cover for the anticipated 5 men in midfield. This proved enough for Charscot to control the match and cruise to an easy victory.

Within 34 minutes the scoreline was already 3-1 and the game was over as a contest as goals from Ivan Trojan, Antonio Zago and Billy Dane put the home team in control. Ivan Trojan became the 13th player to score on his debut for Charscot and the third to do it in this corresponding fixture against Thamesford.

After the match manager Rich Grove was understandably cautious "We have got our first win out of the way but we need to build on this result and string together a long unbeaten run now to make our mark this season".

With Barnstoneworth United away next week the caution is understandable, though with new signing Shaun Clayton available it will be interesting to see how the Wolverines line up for this fixture...



Finally Charscot have something to show for their performances but it should have been so much more. Stefan Selakovic was brought in for his seasonable debut and didn't let the manager down as he scored just past the half hour mark away at Vanbrugh Royals. Unfortunately Christian Panucci was having a nightmare performance and put through his own net 6 minutes later to bring the teams level. Despite controlling the match no more goals were scored and Panucci finished off his match with a booking after allowing his frustrations to get the better of him in the last minute.

After the match manager Rich Grove was relieved to get off the mark..." After getting no reward for our efforts it is good to finally have a point on the board, particularly with two more matches against top teams in the next fortnight. I would have preferred to win but considering the experimental 3-5-2 formation I am pleased with the player's response. My only concern is they have yet to hit any real form and they need to move things up a gear over the next few weeks".

Behind the scenes it was announced that Alain Giresse is leaving to join Westford United of the Robin Hood league with utility player Shaun Clayton arriving in return. It is understood that Clayton may well be expected to fill a striker's role following the poor start to the season by the current strikers at the club and is seen as a sign that the manager won't accept any players resting on their laurels...


11/05/05 In a surprise announcement midfielder/defender Steve Thompson arrived from Kent Valley Rangers via the auction market. It was understood that a number of clubs were interested in Steve and that it took in excess of £5million pounds to secure the 30 year old. With a reshuffle taking place with players moving to new positions it is anticipated that Steve will fill the void left by Nigel Peppers return to his preferred midfield role....

Frustrating. After another defeat to cement the clubs worst start to a season ever manager Rich Grove was left wondering what they had to do to pick up points - "We have outplayed our opponents again this week and yet an inferior team have walked away with the points after we gave ourselves too much to do". The too much to do was conceding 2 goals in the opening 8 minutes of the game...and a first half Oliver Bierhoff goal wasn't the start of a great comeback but more a false dawn.

This continued Charscot's embarrassing record against durham with just one point from 8 home games in their history...

The weird reaction to the game is that rumours abound that the manager has all but given up on bringing any more fresh faces into the club as he is beginning to feel he already has the quality at his disposal, they just aren't performing as they should...

The only point of note to come from the match was captain Billy Dane breaking the consecutive appearances record for the club as he completed his 168th match today breaking the previous record held by former captain Fernando Couto.


27/04/05 In breaking news today it has been confirmed that veteran players Carl Jenkins and Owen Archdeacon have been allowed to leave the club to join fellow WPL club A.C Yakuza for a fee of £2.5million in total. After the announcement of their retirements on monday rumour had it that manager Rich Grove would allow them to see out their careers at the club. However, this has turned out to be a false assumption and most experts are assuming that their leaving may be connected to the club's poor start to the season.

Pitiful. The only description for a performance that was so poor manager Rich Grove refused to talk to the press until he had calmed down an hour and a half after the final whistle. The Real Madrid goal that gave Real their first ever home win over the Wolverines was scored half an hour into the game by former Charscot player Richard Mason. After that the match was never in any doubt as Charscot never got going. "Too many players here are just not putting in the work needed to get their form up to acceptable levels. This is the worst start we have made in years and frankly I am at the point where I feel maybe we should cut our losses and offload the glory boys who don't bother to put in a performance until the season is all but over" the manager stated after the game.

The loss leaves the club third from bottom , goalless after two matches and one of only three teams without a point. With the next two matches against teams around them it is already a case of win or bust as the season starts to come crashing down around them.

In response to the poor performance both Carl Jenkins and Owen Archdeacon announced their retirements today. Neither would be drawn on what the manager had to say about their statements, though it is understood that they both still have a part to play over the next 6 months.

With a week's break before the next match it is understood there could be major changes by the time the club return to playing in a fortnight and Mark Overmars sale looks like just the first of many transfers...

After failing to settle in the South Mark Overmars has left to join Ramarena with young star midfielder Alto Prso coming in the opposite direction. "Mark came with a good goalscoring reputation but unfortunately it just didn't work out for him here so hopefully this move to the British Standard League will help him rediscovering his undoubted ability whilst for our part Alto could prove to be a bargain in the long term if he works hard and applies himself" Rich Grove was quoted as saying after the match today.



After all the promise that the team had shown in the closing weeks of last season they reverted back to their dire usual selves as a new season kicked off today. Despite controlling the game for long periods the players failed to do maintain their concentration and gave away two poor goals whilst wasting numerous chances to score as they crashed to a poor home defeat. The 2-0 win for newly promoted Comberton Tornados clearly pleased the manager, who on his last visit to the top flight could only muster one win all season.

Meanwhile, the home manager was seething after the game.."I give up with some of these players...they had the chance to set the tone for the season today but showed a lack of professionalism at both ends of the field. Clearly I may have to rethink my decision to run such a large squad...maybe a smaller squad would engender more spirit...??".

Off the field the draw was made for the cup with the tie of the round being Charscot entertaining Barnstoneworth United. Visiting manager Jon Sykes will be concerned as despite his excellent league form he has made a habit of losing to Rich Grove sides in the cup, having lost for each of the last 11 seasons !!



The season ended as had been predicted today as Charscot edged Callie Athletic 1-0 to complete their first double over Athletic in their history. The game was won with a goal after three minutes from Owen Archdeacon, his first goal since his return to the club after 10 years away. The result left charscot agonisingly 3 points off of a top 3 spot back in fourth.

Despite just losing out the club has a new confidence as everyone prepares for the new season and the visit of Division One champions Comberton Tornados next week.

Off the field Eugeniusz Kasperski left the club to join Toon City Raiders in the premier league. It is understood that defender Diego Mancini is due to arrive later this week once all the relevant paperwork has been completed.



As anticipated today's battle with AFC Fifa was exactly that, as it took a last gasp goal from Des Blackman to rescue a point in a 1-1 draw. Despite the nature of the equaliser it was no less than the home team deserved having controlled the game for long periods without finding the net. After 4 straight wins that moved the club nowhere this point ironically was enough to move the club up to fifth with one game left and an outside chance of fourth.

Manager Rich Grove was happy after the game despite the run of wins coming to an end. "The players showed more battle today than they were 6 weeks ago and if they start next season how they finished this one we should have a better year ahead".

The fans announced their players of the year today, awarding the professional award to keeper James Keeley who has had an inspired season. With a number of stars to choose from they surprised everyone with their choice of Timothy McCullagh, as he has outscored his more illustrious teammates all season long...

The club also announced their latest two inductees to the hall of fame with young defender Marco Dandenii and attacking sensation Oliver Bierhoff joining the elite...

In other news the club were delighted to announce the signing of a number of long term contracts guaranteeing the futures of a number of stars at Charscot. Following James Keeley's signing of a 4 year contract extension last week Christian Panucci, Des Blackman, Oliver Bierhoff and Marco Dandenii followed suit signing 4 year extensions as well. Vincent Candela signed for a further 3 years whilst Mickael Landreau and Marc Overmars signed for a further 2 years. "This shows the faith I have in the players and the faith they have in myself. We are joined here with the aim of finally achieving the results the club should warrant and trying to achieve the major trophies, rather than being a nearly club" the manager said earlier.

With this news the impression is that there will be very little if any movements of personnel in the near to far future as charscot appear to be set for the next few seasons.



Charscot's fourth straight win and fourth consecutive clean sheet as the Wolverines edged past relegated Lakeland Power through a second half goal from Oliver bierhoff. Despite controlling the game for long periods the away team couldn't get any more goals and in the end were happy to take the 3 points and the league double against their relegated rivals.

After the match manager Rich Grove accepted the fact that despite their impressive form a top 3 spot was more than likely beyond the club. "We have left our charge a game or two too late, but I am happy to see the team finally gelling and I am hopeful for a better season next year".

The win leaves the club still in 7th and 3 points behind third with just two matches to play.

Off the field after much debate midfielder Mark Kinsella has unsurprisingly been allowed to leave the club. Neither player nor manager saw eye to eye from their first week together and the player had only just returned from a season long loan at Longfield K.L.F . It is understood that he is available to the highest bidder and will officially leave the club in 4 weeks. The manager is understood to be expecting in the region of £12million for a player that was always surplus to requirements....



On the field the team continue to look impressive as they win their third straight game with their third consecutive clean sheet. Visitors AFC Audenshaw came into the game in third place but were outclassed from the first minute to the last. A first half brace from Des Blackman was enough to win the game

2-0 as charscot kept alive their outside chances of a top 3 finish. Although still in 7th spot the next 3 teams above them are all 3 points ahead with 3 games to go....

After last week's rumoured surprise signings it was today confirmed that veterans Owen Archdeacon and Carl Jenkins have signed for Charscot following last minute bids for their signatures. Their experience is hoped to prove invaluable as charscot prepare for next season and it is hoped they will be able to aid the improvement of the young midfield that charscot have.



Finally the team look like they may just be beginning to come together as a second clean sheet helped them on their way to a 1-0 victory at Espanyol that could easily have been more convincing with more luck in front of the net. Charscot dominated from start to finish and the only surprise was that they only had an Oliver Bierhoff goal to show for their efforts.

Meanwhile, in a surprise move manager Rich Grove made audacious bids to get veteran midfielders Owen Archdeacon and Carl Jenkins who have both spent the last few years in the Opal league. The cash amounts have not been disclosed but it is understood that a decision should be forthcoming within the next 24 hours. Archdeacon has had a previous stint at charscot and although now 36 it is understood he would like to finish his career in the league that made him a star, firstly with Thamesford United and then Charscot and Real Madrid.

With 4 weeks remaining in the season the anticipated deals are seemingly petering to an end with just star midfielder Jody Morris still to arrive (he is anticipated to complete his transfer on thursday) .



The one saving grace of a poor season has been the relatively good home form and this continued today as charscot cruised to a 3-0 victory over Lammermuir Fc that dispelled any slim chances of a relegation battle. Eya Mistabic was given the responsibility of leading the front line for the first time in his career and proved himself more than capable as he grabbed a brace. Between his two goals Marco Dandenii added a solo shot.

Surprisingly, after the match the sponsors awarded man of the match to keeper James Keeley , despite his not having a shot to save. Match sponsor Glynn Carey was unavailable for comment the next day due to a hangover that may explain his strange choice...

Off the field yet more transfer activity as hot on the heels of one major deal with Carling Casuals of the Royal Oak Elite comes news of another as young star striker Pablo Aimar leaves the club with class midfielder Jody Morris arriving in the other direction. Jody is the older brother of Mario Morris, who arrived from Boo Boy Fc a fortnight ago. It is understood that this may be the last of the deals for the time being as suitable deals becoming increasingly hard to find...but with this manager's track record that probably just means wait a week for more transfers !!



Back to the poor form of the season as Charscot lurched to a convincing 3-1 defeat at Furneaux Spurs , who complete a 7-1 aggregate double over the wolverines this season. An equaliser in the first half from Oliver Bierhoff came to mean nothing as two goals in the last 7 minutes were enough to drop charscot down to 9th.

With fresh blood having arrived at the club it is understood that manager Rich Grove is still looking for new players to give the club a fresh start as they look to return to a loftier position next season and not go the route of previous champions Callie Athletic , who are embroiled in a relegation battle.

In surprise late news Charscot announced the departure of star defender/midfielder Troy O'Leary who is being allowed to leave to join Carling Casuals of the ROE with young prospect Rick Higgot coming in the opposite direction. Higgot is understood to be good friends with recent arrival Mario Morris, who he had played against many times in the past despite their young ages..


In shocking news Charscot finally won a major trophy as they overcame British Standard’s Merthyr Tydfil in a replay to win the Carey Test Cup. The week long inaugural tournament was opened up to the leagues and brought a class invitation field… only marred when Boo Boy Fc had to be brought in as a late replacement. In the opening round Charscot were drawn against Thorpe Bay Wasps…and due to an administrative error from their manager Thorpe were forced to field their youth team. By half time and with charscot already leading by 11 the players relaxed in the second half and aside from a penalty miss from charscot keeper James Keeley had little to show for the 2nd half.

In the semi’s Charscot were drawn against arch rivals Real Madrid. Thankfully, as per their regular league meetings charscot ran out as single goal victors thanks to a first half goal from Harry Machin, who left the club after the game.

The final was always going to be a thriller against the might that is Merthyr Tydfil. After exchanging spoils in the first half it looked like Charscot were going to claim victory after Oliver Bierhoff completed his hat trick in the 70th minute but right at the death Merthyr got a deserved equaliser to tie the game at 3-3.

The replay saw two tired teams take the field and may explain why the game ended up as an 11 goal spectacular. With Mistabic and Aimar scoring two apiece and Selakovic hitting a solo shot the game looked all over at 5-1 at half time. However, Merthyr controlled the second half and pulled to within 1 goal at 5-4 before Marco Dandenii headed in a corner to ensure the club’s first trophy. Even then Merthyr made it a nervous finale as they pulled the match back to 6-5 but Charscot just clung on.

Afterwards manager Rich Grove was arrested for dancing naked through South London and was quoted as saying “who cares about a fine…we won a trophy !!!”.


With the season all but over as a contest Charscot produced a relaxed performance against championship chasing Plzen that resulted in shared spoils from a four goal thriller. After falling behind early in the second half Nigel Pepper equalised from the penalty spot with the home team’s first penalty in a year before instantly falling behind again. With four minutes left on the clock midfielder Eya Mistabic celebrated his recall with a thoroughly deserved equaliser. Despite the fact that Charscot should have won manager Rich Grove was happy to just see a proper fighting performance from his team as he looks towards next season.

Off the field manager Rich Grove announced the departure of star midfielder Pedro Martinez to the Royal Oak Elite. It is understood that Pedro was looking for an easier league to play in away from the high pressures of the WPL. He joins Boo Boy FC, a team with ambitions of a top 3 spot this season whilst Charscot continue to lurch on to more failures.

Arriving in exchange for Pedro is young midfield prospect Mario Morris. His talent is unquestioned, though there are some reservations as to his aggression….

In a late deal concluded in some haste Harry Machin and Roy Hunter are leaving the club with young midfield prospect Guy Norbury moving in the opposite direction from Major Oak Alliance club Barnsley Tykes. Whilst Machin has been at least a  fairly regular name on the team sheet Hunter has failed to settle in at all and is eager to move back up to the North.

With defender Mancine arriving in exchange for Bob Eastwood the changes have started…and by all accounts more are expected before the season ends in April.

Despite initial reports that the club were looking to bring in more established players so far most of the moves have involved offloading the older players to make way for young players with potential.


Inept. Nothing more could be said of this dire performance as Charscot lurched to a 1-0 defeat at The Academy that condemned the visitors to another poor defeat and the first double against them this season (so far !!). Manager Rich Grove fumed…”this performance was truly awful…I can’t wait for the end of the season so I can use the players I have brought in to replace this bunch of muppets. The opposition were so confident their manager didn’t even bother with any tactics as he knew it would be easy !. I am deeply ashamed of the players at this club…I am seriously considering what , if anything, can be done to halt this slide…maybe it is time to move on and leave these losers to do what they do best, collect their wages for doing nothing”.

Off the pitch David Boreanez left and Troy O’Leary came into the club in exchange for Zdenek Grygera.

It has also been confirmed this evening that defender Mancine will be arriving from Kendal Kickoffs for Bob Eastwood next week with Rich Grove reported as saying “I may as well give him a go as the current defenders clearly aren’t up to the job”.

Further deals are anticipated with the season now effectively over for the Wolverines.


In a game neither team could afford to drop points in Charscot and Barnstoneworth fought out a goalless draw  that doesn’t help either team. In truth the game was dire with very little to split the teams. Although pleased to avoid another defensive disaster the lack of firepower will be of concern to manager Rich Grove.

Off the field it was announced that attacker David Boreanez is being allowed to join Premier division rivals The Space Cadets. It is understood that the player never settled and is looking forward to returning to his boyhood club where he previously played.

Also leaving the club is Zdenek Grygera who is joining Dep El Celtico for Troy O’Leary. It is understood that O’Leary is looking to continue his career as a defender in the future.

Rich Grove is also anticipating the possibility of further deals this coming week as talks are ongoing with a number of clubs as a major reshuffling of the personnel continues.


Gutless. The only word to describe Charscot’s performance today in a match at league leaders Thamesford that they couldn’t afford to lose. Despite going into this game in great league form not one player put in  performance as Charscot crashed to a 5-0 defeat, their  fourth worst defeat in their history, as well as their 100th away league defeat in their history.

This result effectively kills off the season and with 9 games to go there is just the pride and an outside shot of a top 3 place to play for.

After the match manager Rich Grove stated “This is the worst performance I have seen from these players in a decade. My squad is large enough that I can replace the whole lot of them. As things stand EVERY player is available and I will be looking to replace as many of them as I can in the remainder of this season”.


Mixed results this week as Charscot maintained their recent league form with a close 1-0 derby battle against Vanbrugh Royals but tasted defeat in the cup. The crucial goal came in the first half from Christian Panucci.

The cup defeat was unlucky as they totally outplayed AFC Audenshaw for long periods but couldn’t find the goal they needed as  they eventually lost 1-0.

The league result keeps Charscot in touch of a top 3 finish in fifth with crucial games against champions-elect Thamesford United and fourth placed Barnstoneworth United over the next fortnight.


In the big grudge match Charscot today continued to have the upper hand against Real Madrid. In a game that was surprisingly one-sided a double from Billy Dane and a solo shot from Des Blackman was enough in a game where Madrid got nothing but a consolation at 3-0.

After the game manager Rich Grove was quoted as saying “ this result means a lot to me…I like to maintain the upper hand on Mr Woolstencroft and would hate him to think he could beat me !!”.

The result keeps Charscot in 6th spot whilst off the field they were drawn away to 4th placed AFC Audenshaw in the 3rd round of the Cup in a very hard draw to follow the hard game they had at AFC Fifa.


Charscot edged their local derby at The Space Cadets with a goal as time was about to expire. Captain Billy Dane, In his 150th appearance as captain was allowed to walk through the cadet’s defence in the 89th minute to become the hero and move Charscot into 6th spot with the visit of arch rivals Real Madrid to come next week.

In the cup Charscot just edged their all Premier Division battle with AFC Fifa which was broadcast live on TV. The game went to extra time and substitute Harry Machin got the crucial winner one minute into extra time.