Charscot's trip to a weak Alfreton Avengers looked like a mismatch and the game reflected that as the Wolverines tore through the hosts who are surely already praying for the end of a lamentable season.

Garrincha took the opportunity to break the single game scoring record for a player, becoming the first to score four goals in a game as the team equalled their highest ever away win, 5-0.

Ten minutes were on the clock when Garrincha's sweet lob put the visitors up and Wolfgang Muller doubled the lead with a thirty yard free kick  on 33 minutes.

Garrincha's second came a minute later with a mazy run resulting in a simple tap in.

On the hour mark Garrincha completed his hat trick with a header from outside the area and he completed his record breaking performance with a spectacular volley from outside the are with eleven minutes remaining on the clock.

The win extended the team's winning run to four matches and their unbeaten run to 8 matches.

With the top two both losing Charscot moved into second place and now trail the Champions Barnstoneworth United by four points.

Manager Rich Grove was ecstatic afterwards. "We have so often failed when presented with challenges from weaker sides so to totally dominate in the manner that we should is always pleasing and with hat tricks on consecutive weeks the forwards are playing into great form as we reach the crucial run in to the end of the season."

"To be second when a few weeks ago relegation was a threat is a delight and whilst relegation is now gone as a concern we know we have to keep this unbeaten run going if we want to have anything to show from the season".

Charscot completed the deal for Radamel Falcao as Waso Tassenaar left the club today whilst Tim Johnson is on the market and will be sold in just under three weeks.

The squad is already pretty much arranged for next season with just the listing of a foreign midfielder to be made in 6 weeks and stalwart Stefan Selakovic to be sold to Ziaste Nequeno once the club';s final position is established.
After losing in the cup to A.F.C Binfield last week the Wolverines were looking for revenge as they looked to extend their unbeaten league run to 8 matches.

Last week the manager made no secret of his belief that his focus on the league had resulted in the team playing the wrong tactics for the cup tie and today's result went a long way to backing up that assertion as Charscot tore their opponents apart.

Star of the match was Tevrez Fernando, who scored the fifth ever hat trick by a Charscot player, and this was by far the fastest coming in a ten minute spell in the first half to kill the match as a contest.

His first was a brilliant curling effort on 15 minutes. This was quickly equalised three minutes later as Keith Nash volleyed home nicely.

The hosts were looking strong though and three minutes later Fernando broke the offside trap and tapped him from close range.

Fernando completed his hat trick four minutes later kneeing in from close range.

Over as a contest the visitors did hit the woodwork in the second half before Leonard Cohen scored a magnificent diving header from six yards out with twelve minutes left.

The win moved the team into third place and just a point off of second place with ten games to go.

Manager Rich Grove was delighted afterwards. "That was an enormous win for us today. We knew a win could really put pressure on the teams directly above us but anything less than a win would have probably meant a season of mediocrity and little to play for. However, we can now look to stay unbeaten and hopefully grab second place in the coming weeks".

"Whilst this has been a great week for us there was a reminder how things can change quickly as we heard about the heart attack suffered by Jon Sykes, perennial title winning manager of Barnstoneworth United and Thamesford United. Thankfully it sounds like he will make a recovery with treatment to manage his condition but all at the club will be thinking of him and sending him their best wishes as he spends the festive period in hospital".

After a long quiet spell things became far busier as the manager arranged a deal with Molineux Wizards with a potential star of the future joining the youth team and keeper Waso Tassenaar due to leave next week.

Also leaving the club is utility player Tim Johnson, who has been place on the auction market after significant interest had been expressed in him externally.
With a 6 match unbeaten run in the league Charscot faced their two matches this week with very different aims. A win at The Academy would mean leapfrogging their opponents and the home tie against next week's league opponents, A.F.C Binfield, was strictly a secondary concern.

The focus paid off as Charscot dominated The Academy and the team deserved a far bigger win than the 1-0 win they got, courtesy of a Jose Maria lob after 19 minutes.

In the cup Charscot did enough to win but managed to lose a thriller 3-2 despite goals from Tevrez Fernando and Garrincha.

Manager Rich Grove was delighted after the two matches. "Probably part of me will be a little disappointed to lose unfairly in the cup upon reflection but right now I am delighted with our performances as we tore The Academy apart and deserved more in the cup".

"Moving up to fourth position, albeit knowing that one defeat could send us to the bottom half, is a boost all the same as we look to put as much distance as possible between ourselves and the bottom three, a gap which is now ten points".

"As things stand we can hopefully ensure our safety in the next few weeks and I can start planning for next season".
A home match against local rivals Beeston Athletic has proven good news for Charscot in previous seasons and so it proved again as the Wolverines maintained their 100% home record over Athletic with a 1-0 win.

The match was an even one, decided by a penalty by Tevrez Fernando after a blatant handball on 18 minutes by Johan Vogel.

The win only moved Charscot up to 8th but with a 10 point gap to the bottom three and only a 4 point gap to third things are looking a lot less dangerous.

Manager Rich Grove was pleased afterwards. "Though that wasn't our best performance by any means it was good to see us grind out a win that takes our unbeaten run to 7 matches including the cup".

"We now have a big week next week with a crucial match at fourth placed The Academy, who we will leapfrog if we can beat them for another double. We also have a cup match at home to A.F.C Binfield which, whilst a win would be great, does not compare in terms of priority".
Charscot returned to the scene of last week's cup win as they faced Molineux Wizards in the league.

Having won 1-0 the team's hopes were high of a repeat but that was quickly extinguished as the hosts scored after 45 seconds through Ljubijankic.

Charscot quickly bounced back as Jose Maria scored for the third time in five matches with a close range drive just two minutes later.

Both sides had chances after this but the match petered out to a draw, a result which helps neither side despite both moving up a place to ninth and tenth respectively.

Manager Rich Grove cut a frustrated figure post-match. "Unbeaten in six sounds great but with four of those matches drawn and one win in the cup it simply isn't good enough and whilst within touching distance of third place we are also dangerously close to the bottom three".

"We return home to a local derby with Beeston Athletic next week and having won both previous home meetings with them we will be looking to complete a much needed hat trick to try and boost our flagging hopes of third place".

The draw for the next round of the cup sees fellow top flight side A.F.C Binfield visit The Blue Silver Stadium.
With two matches this week the focus was on the league match at home to fourth placed Vasco.

As it was a fairly dull match finished goalless as neither side could get a grip on proceedings in rainy conditions.

Charscot dropped to 12th with this draw but the team is still only one win off of third place with fourteen matches remaining in the league.

In the second round of the cup Charscot made a trip to Molineux Wizards in a prequel to next week's league match and Charscot controlled the match, dominating their opponents throughout.

Despite being in the ascendancy it took until the 82nd minute for the Wolverines to get the winner as Garrincha scored from close range.

Manager Rich Grove was frustrated post-match. "The last few weeks have seen us hit a wall in the league as we have drawn three consecutive matches and just one win would have us challenging for third place but instead we have one eye over our shoulder knowing that a few bad results could see us in real danger of relegation".

"The cup performance and win was a boost but if we can't replicate the performance and result next week then the cup match means little frankly as a win in the league is far more important than a cup win at this stage".
With Thamesford United not quite the force they once were as local rivals Barnstoneworth United have usurped them in recent seasons, their visit to Charscot wasn't quite as fearful as it used to be.

Charscot for their part have had one home defeat all season and only had one last season too as their home form has proven their strength so there were hopes that Thamesford's last two visits that resulted in 3 goal away wins would not be replicated.

In fairness to Unite they did enough to win the game but their shooting was wayward and they were made to pay when Jose Maria beat an offside trap to score after 57 minutes.

United fought back and got the least they deserved as Stuart Wilson scored from close range ten minutes later.

The draw probably helps the hosts more as Charscot try to get an undefeated run (which is now at three games) extended long enough to make relegation unlikely whilst United are still in the battle for second spot but are looking unlikely title challengers.

Manager Rich Grove was satisfied afterwards. "Things could have been far worse considering we lost our talismanic striker Tevrez Fernando to injury last week and had to juggle the side accordingly. I am particularly pleased with Jose's performance as in his short time at the club he has been used in multiple positions but still has managed two goals in five starts".

"We now host one of our 'lucky' teams as Vasco travel to The Blue Silver Stadium on a busy week when we travel for a meaningless cup match at Molineux Wizards. Coincidentally a trip we will make a week later in the league".
Off the back of four consecutive away defeats the manager changed the formation and tactics for the trip to St Joseph's BC, who have been struggling all season and found themselves in 14th place at kick off.

The tactical change worked as Charscot edged the game as usual but instead of losing unluckily as has become the norm they grabbed a potentially crucial away point in a goalless draw.

The draw dropped the team two places to eighth but the boost of avoiding defeat on the road may be worth far more than that come the end of the season.

Manager Rich Grove had little to say afterwards. "The changes worked to a point, quite literally, and stopping the run of away defeats is important. However, it now puts pressure on us to maintain our good home record as we host Thamesford United next week. United have just suffered a 5-1 thumping at Dep El and will be keen to avoid another defeat".

With things quiet around the club it may not be long before the manager looks to make some personnel changes.
The only saving grace of the past two seasons has been Charscot's dominant home form that has both resulted in a division title and is now all that keeps the team from a relegation struggle.

Fortunately for the Wolverines this home form showed no signs of disappearing today as the team crushed local rivals Dep El Celtico and the 2-0 scoreline flattered the visitors who could have easily lost by six or more.

It took 14 minutes for Luka Modric to open the scoring as the defender scored a scrappy close range goal from a corner.

The result was beyond any doubt when Jose Maria score his first goal for the club after 54 minutes with a fine close range header.

The win propelled the team back into sixth place and a seven point cushion to the relegation places.

Manager Rich Grove was refusing to get carried away afterwards. "We have seen so many controlled performances at home that I am not going to believe our season is going upwards until we arrest our pathetic away form. I will be trying something different next week as we look to get away points, something we have been struggling to do for far too long now.If we can start getting results on the road we can have a good season, if not, then we will be constantly looking over our shoulder".

A quiet week as the manager continues to consider his options although rumours persist that he could be looking for deals for some of the slow to improve teenagers in the squad.
It's been a long time since Charscot Wanderers lost a local derby to Callie Athletic but that run, extending back some 10 matches came to an abrupt halt as the team undeservedly lost 1-0 to a Goran Ivanesevic wonder strike from distance after half an hour.

The defeat drops Charscot to 8th place and just three points off of third from bottom as the team's abysmal away form (5 losses from 6) continues to destroy their season.

Manager Rich Grove was exasperated afterwards. "I am running out of ideas as to what to do with this team. We are into our third season of struggling on the road and nothing seems to work. Our performances deserve far far more but that is scant consolation when looking at the league table".

"We clearly deserved far more from today's match but our luck just won't turn around and we are bound to buckle under the pressure of needing to win every home game just to stay above danger if we don't resolve our issues away from home".

"Next week we have another derby match as Dep El Celtico visit us and anything less than a win will leave us in grave danger of a relegation fight.
Having not lost to Real Madrid in their last 10 meetings the visit of second placed Real was being welcomed by the fans, desperate to see the Wolverines return to winning form after a recent poor spell.

The fans wishes were rewarded as Charscot took a fortunate three points to move into sixth place.

In a case of deja vu it was Luciano Zauti, scorer of the only goal last time the teams met two seasons ago, who got the winner from just outside the area with just six minutes played.

Real pushed hard for an equaliser but Robinson was in top form in goal and held them at bat.

Manager Rich Grove was delighted afterwards. "Great battling performance and our tactics worked beautifully as we ground out a very important win. With our record of success over this week's opponents Real Madrid and next week's Callie Athletic, we simply had to be looking for at least 4 points from 6 to get our season back on track."

"We now can go to Callie and give it a real go as we look to push upwards after a poor month's football before today".

With Charscot traveling to another team, Callie Athletic,  that hasn't beaten them in their last 10 meetings hopes are high to get some winning momentum going in this season.

A quiet week behind the scenes saw the last of the planned deals completed as Johnny Rep finally joined Kilburn United of the WS nearly three months after David Waterhouses and Tim Johnson arrived at the club as part of the deal.
With Charscot's recent record against leaders and Champions Barnstoneworth United a truly poor one hopes were not high as a free falling Wolverines travelled north.

United have had a knack for getting wins both when deserved and when not deserved, a trick that has proven crucial in their recent success and one that any team would want to have.

Charscot showed they don't have that knack as despite matching United in all departments they managed to throw away a half time lead going down 4-2.

United started brightly taking the lead through Leandro Rameres on 21 minutes. Charscot bounced back with Cohen scoring his second in two weeks from defence from close range ten minutes later.

Three minutes before the break Tommy Forlan rewarded the faith his manager had in recalling him to the starting eleven as he drove home from just outside the area.

All the good work of the first half was destroyed within 13 minutes of the restart as Rameres and Lockwood scored to turn the lead back in favour of the Champions.

With time running out and Charscot pushing for an equaliser United scored on the counter attack as Ra meres got his second of the game to finish the scoring.

Manager Rich Grove was somewhat subdued afterwards. "Whilst today's defeat was hardly a surprise the manner of it was disappointing as we deserved a point from an open game. We now host second placed Real Madrid who we have a great record against, knowing we simply have to turn around our recent form and take a crucial three points. We now find ourselves nearer the bottom than the top and we are in grave danger of having to fight a relegation battle, something I have grown tired of frankly".

Charscot exited the Super Cup losing 3-2 at Real Madrid. Not a surprise considering the first leg had been lost 3-0 in truth.
A break from the league was just what was needed with the team being less than impressive in recent weeks and with the pressure off the manager got to try out a few new things against Puigpunyent.

The visitors showed their top flight opponents how a lower division side can play, controlling long periods of the game. However, the hosts superior finishing was enough to see them go through 2-1.

Charscot were two up after half an hour as Cohen's 23rd minute close range side foot was followed up 7 minutes later by a superb 25 yard drive from Evgeni Malkin.

Puigpunyent got a last gasp goal from Cameron Aroon with a close range goal but it wasn't enough to prevent the Wolverines progressing to the next round.

Manager Rich Grove was more pleased with an offshoot of the match. "Today was the perfect chance to show rising star Matej Sindelar that he has a future at the club so we gave him his debut as a sub and he rewarded us by withdrawing his transfer request and signing a new contract. That result was more important than the actual match result for me".

"We learned a few things today but sadly nothing that will help us as we face leaders and reigning Champions Barnstoneworth United on their patch next week. Having lost our last 8 meetings we have little to lose".

In the Super Cup Charscot all but exited as they never showed anything going down 3-0 at home to Real Madrid.
After last week's dropped points at home it got worse today as Charscot undeservedly lost 1-0 at home to Spondon Renegades to officially put the team in freefall as they struggle to find any form.

Although the performance was deserving of a point the team fell to a scrambled Markus Costello goal after 68 minutes.

The team stay sixth despite the loss but are now far nearer the bottom clubs than the top clubs as the season quickly turns into one that looks troubling at best.

Manager Rich Grove was fuming post match. "Simply unacceptable. We can't be losing to the likes of Spondon if we want to even push for a top three position. The performances over the past month have been poor to put it mildly as despite controlling most of our games we are not looking like scoring and have no idea how to keep a clean sheet".

"Changes will be made, both in personnel and in terms of tactics as we have a meaningless cup tie next week. How much we learn from playing a division two side is up for debate frankly but at this point something has to be changed before we deservedly find ourselves in a relegation battle".

Five players were sent out on loan today as the manager felt there were too many players just sitting kicking their heels waiting for a game.
Charscot's 100% home record disappeared in gutting circumstances as a 90th minute equaliser meant Charscot lost crucial ground on their rivals.

The performance was far from one of their best but after David Waterhouses scored with a sublime lob from the edge of the area on 27 minutes it looked like the hosts had done enough.

However, with both sides cancelling each other out there was always the chance of a equaliser and so it proved as Bergougnoux sored in time added on to send Charscot to sixth position.

Manager Rich Grove was far from happy afterwards. "A very disappointing performance against a team we outclassed 4-1 here last season. We really should be playing better than we are and already we have gone from title contenders to also rans and if we aren't careful we can quickly become relegation fodder."

"We have an enormous match against a struggling Spondon Renegades side next week and we have to win before the season is completely ruined".

The team finished their group stages on the WPL Super Cup this week and having already progressed the 1-1 draw at Thamesford United (courtesy of a Higgott penalty) was enough to win the group and take the 100,000 group money (whilst still being in line for a share of the 1million prize for 3-0 wins).

In other good news Pete Robinson and Liam Feeney signed two year extensions and only three players now have not committed themselves long term to the club.

The first, Rick Higgott has already announced his retirement. Matej Sindelar is still complaining despite the manager being keen to keep him whilst the third one, Tim Johnson, has yet to convince the manager he has a future at the club.
Charscot went to fourth placed Balham Town knowing they had to improve their away form that has been poor for a few seasons now. However, the performance they turned in was so poor as to leave everyone wondering if this side has what it takes to compete as they crashed to a four goal defeat that meant the sides swapped places with Balham taking second spot.

The match was comparatively even in many respects but Town were far more creative in the final third and made the Wolverines pay with three first half goals that killed the match before Moravcik scored an embarrassing own goal to complete the visitor's misery. This performance in the live tv match of the week was beyond embarrassing.

The manager was left disgusted afterwards. "This is getting beyond a joke" Rich Grove fumed. "We have become a laughing stock away from home and easy pickings for all but the poorest of sides and we simply have to come to a solution as sooner or later our immaculate home form will waver and then we will be in serious trouble".

"We now have 3 consecutive home matches and whilst the cup tie will be a chance to stick the reserves out for a game we simply have to take at least four points from the next two games".

"I also have to take some responsibility and need to come up with something tactically to turn things around on the road. Certainly we won't get a bigger test than our next away match at runaway leaders and reigning Champions Barnstoneworth United so I have a few weeks to turn things around. In the meantime there will be changes for next week's match as some of our players are looking jaded and in need of a rest".

In the Super Cup a Higgott double in a 2-1 win at Vanbrugh Royals guaranteed the team will progress as either divisional winners or one of the best runner's up to give some cheer to a poor week.
Charscot looked to extend their dominant home form as they hosted bottom side Alfreton Avengers in what looked like an easy match on paper.

The Wolverines won 2-1 but the scoreline didn't reflect the dominance of the home team, who on another day could easily have scored five.

Luka Modric score his first of the season, stabbing home from close range after ten minutes and the lead stayed at one until the hour mark when Michael Emenaro scored an embarrassing own goal, steering the ball home from the edge of the area as the keeper was distracted by his captain.

Avengers made a rare foray forward and immediately scored with a Uche tap in but there was no danger of a shock result as Charscot camped around the Avengers' penalty are for the remainder of the match.

The win moved Charscot into second place, three points behind leaders and Champions Barnstoneworth United as they leapfrogged local rivals Dep El Celtico.

Manager Rich Grove was satisfied afterwards. "Clearly we should have scored more but it wasn't for a lack of trying and the important thing was to grab the three points. We now need to rectify our patchy away form if we want to be genuine challengers at the top".

The team completed a good week with a 3-0 win over Amsterdam A's in the WPL Super Cup. The win took them top of the group with two matches to play.
Last season's dodgy track record on the road still appears to be an issue as Charscot lost their second away game out of three this season.

The team looked solid in the first half at A.F.C Binfield whilst creating little before a second half collapse saw the team concede three without reply as Cheetham, Pearson and Zagorakis punished lapses at the back.

Despite the heavy defeat the team stayed third and trail leaders and reigning Champions Barnstoneworth United after 5 games.

Manager Rich Grove was unimpressed post match. "This defeat is on me. I made errors tactically and we paid for my misjudgments. Hopefully I will sort the away form out sooner rather than later as we can't afford to be dragged down by an inability to get results away from home".

Better new in the WPL Super Cup as Charscot won 3-1 against Thamesford United with a hat trick from Garrincha in response to an early lead for United.

On a quiet week the two year contract extension signed by keeper Waso Tassenaar was the only other news of note.
Charscot returned home to face The Academy, hoping to extend their winning run to three games. The run was indeed extended with a confident performance as the hosts were rarely troubled cruising to a 2-0 win that moved the team into third place.

The goals came from a Garrincha double as the prolific forward scored from close range on 34 minutes before a superb 25 yard chip seven minutes later guaranteed the win. The latter goal took his club tally to 50, only the fourth player to achieve that target for the Wolverines and barring injury or loss of form he should beat the club record of 89 in around three to four seasons.

Manager Rich Grove was relaxed post match. "That was the sort of win we have come to expect at home in the past year, where we have grown in stature and have dominated most opponents. If we can maintain the home form we should be ok this season".

In the WPL Super Cup the team played out a bore draw at home to Vanbrugh Royals, which won't boost either sides chances of progression to the later stages.

Forward Kierrison committed himself to the club, signing a four year extension to delight the fans.

However, Matej Sindelar continues to refuse to sign a contract and his long term future at the club is looking very shaky.
Having won 3 of 4 past meetings with local rivals Beeston Athletic the Wolverines of Charscot were quietly confident of getting a result today.

The manager made a last minute change in both tactics and line up and was rewarded with an impressive 2-1 win as David Waterhouses late inclusion bought the debutant a goal.

Two goals in 4 minutes killed the hosts early in the game as Tevrez Fernando got his tenth in just 19 appearances for the club, driving home from just outside the area.

Waterhouses quickly doubled the lead with a sublime lob from 25 yards.

Although Florea Dumitrache scored on the half hour mark from close range the result was never in much doubt as Charscot continued to dominate the game and were unfortunate not to add to their lead.

Manager Rich Grove was delighted afterwards. "Most times when I make a last minute tactical change it blows up on me so I am delighted to actually get one right for a change" he joked. "This is a big win as it moves us into fourth position and still just a point off of top spot at this very early stage. If we can just maintain our current form then we should have a reasonable season but obviously it is very early and a lot can change literally overnight".

Charscot return home to face The Academy, struggling in bottom place right now and it would be hoped the team can get their their win of the season next week.

Charscot did lose in their first Super Cup match of the season,  as a late goal saw them lose 2-1 at Amsterdam A's.

Waterhouses celebrated his match winning performance as he signed a 3 year contract extension after the match. Tim Johnson signed a shorter one year extension as well.
Charscot's first home match on their return to the top flight was a tricky match against Molineux Wizards. Both managers are well known for their dislike of the early weeks due to the unpredictability of results. Today was another of those games as despite the stats showing the Wizards were deserving of a point, they returned north with nothing to show from a 4-1 hammering that really wasn't a hammering.

It was a party atmosphere inside the ground as the fans celebrated their first match back in a division they felt they never should have left and the atmosphere certainly seemed to help the hosts who started on fire.

It took 7 minutes for Tevrez Fernando to score against his former club, lobbing superbly from 35 yards for a stunning goal.

Sixty seconds later the lead was doubled as Garrincha tapped in from close range.

On 25 minutes the match was over as a contest as Kierrison became the third striker to score in the match, bundling in from close range after a mazy run.

Wizards did get a goal back eight minutes later as Nielson Roy side footed home but it felt like a consolation goal at best.

Wolfgang Muller added a spectacular 25 yarder on 69 minutes to confirm the win and move the hosts into 7th place whilst sending the Wizards down to 15th place.

Manager Rich Grove was ecstatic afterwards. "That was a superb result and a great boost to the morale at the club. Any points in the early weeks of the season feel like a bonus so a win this early on is great. If we can now go to fellow promotee Beeston Athletic next week and not lose then we have a solid base to work off of".

With David Waterhouses and Tim Johnson arriving the only outstanding transfer left is Johnny Rep's exit, which is anticipated to happen in the next couple of months.

A mixed week in terms of player loyalty as both Neal Caffrey and Jermeine Keane signed one year contract extensions but Matej Sindelar refused to sign, complaining that he wants to leave.

Having had the same situation a season ago with Artur Coimbra the manager will hope to persuade Matej in time, but unlike Artur Matej isn't up to being selected for the first team yet so it could prove tricky and the manager will be keeping a watchful eye this season and hoping for Matej to have a change of heart before the season ends.
The usual lethargic start to the season as Charscot returned to the top flight. The team started with a trip to league runner's up Vasco and having not lost against Vasco in the last 9 meetings there was hope that the week 1 jinx may be avoided.

However, it was not to be as Charscot lost to a fifth minute Stephen Fearnyough free kick. Despite dominating for long periods of play the Wolverines couldn't find a goal and went down to an undeserved defeat.

Manager Rich Grove was trying to remain upbeat afterwards. "Okay, so today was not the result we had hoped for, nor indeed deserved. However, there is plenty of time to turn the season around and we return home to face Molineux Wizards and have to replicate our dominant home form as early as possible".

After an aborted attempt at arranging the deal just over a week ago the manager of Charscot managed to get the exact same deal arranged a week later. Consequently Mesut Ozil has joined Spondon Renegades today and Johnny Rep will leave for the start of the new WS league season.

Arriving later this week are midfielders Tim Johnson and David Waterhouses from the WS league. David is just a little work away from the finished article whilst Tim is in need of more extensive work and may well find himself used as a transfer chip at some point in the next season or so depending on how much improvement he makes and how quickly.

Also arriving in a more minor deal was youth keeper Tommy Hawes from Wascisco Red Sox. Tommy has no real ability but the club needed a youth keeper and the Sox have a far better keeper who will play every game for them. A sign of Tommy's abilities may well be the 13-0 defeat the reserves suffered to start their season..

Meanwhile Dowd, Ortiz and Sigurdsson all officially left via the auction market today, raising in excess of 23million and resulting in the club breaking the 200million bank balance for the first time in their history.

Good news on the contract front as Luke Modric signed a 3 year contract extension and Artur Coimbra a two year extension.

However, one player whose stay won't be extended is legendary striker Rick Higgott who announced his retirement today.

The cup draw was announced today and Charscot begin what is likely to be a brief participation with a home game against Puigpunyent.
Charscot finished their season with a derby at local rivals Space Cadets. Whilst typing the club's record points was possible with a win in truth neither the players nor the manager were particularly up for this match and it showed as the manager prepared for the new season and the players put in a stale performance.

Despite Garrincha's tenth goal of the season with a brilliant chip in the 31st minute the visitors contrived to lose 3-1 with two goals from Tyree, sandwiching a Szentgyorgi goal.

The win pushed the Cadets into fifth place whilst Charscot still won the league convincingly.

Manager Rich Grove was relaxed afterwards. "Today was about relaxing with the pressure off in truth as we gear up for a new season next week. The players looked tired after a long season and we will work to get them ready for the new season's opener, a hard match at league runner's up Vasco next week".

The final deals of the season were finalised as Stamper and Cabrera finally joined Real Madrid after an aborted attempt last week.

The end of the season brings the club's awards ceremonies and this year's Player of the Year do was a great hit with the fans, who saw the chance for another celebration of the club's divisional title.

Winning the Player of the Year title is Tevrez Fernando. Tevrez's crucial goals when first put in the team gave the side the momentum that took them from challengers to champions and cannot be underestimated.

Taking the Youth Player of the Year award is Matej Sindelar. Matej has expressed some concerns over his future role at the club and the manager is keen to emphasize how important he is to the Wolverine's long term plans.

After no entries last season to The Hall of Fame this year's success has resulted in no less than three new entries. As well as player of the year Fernando, midfielders Wolfgang Muller and Evgeni Malkin also were elected.

The season has been a great one with many records being broken. The winning home run of 12 matches smashed the previous record of 9 games, as did the 13 home wins to create a new mark that may never be equalled.

The team also had it's fewest home draws with just one solitary game, whilst the one home defeat ties a club record.

Continuing the rash of records broken at home the team's 37 home goals also far exceeded the previous best of 32, boosted by the team's record home win, a 5-1 thrashing of Broomhall Tigers.

In a season of so much success the surprise is that only one player was an ever present, Kierrison, and he only started 10 games.
After securing promotion last week the Charscot faithful turned up for a celebration party as the team played their final home match of the season, a local derby against second placed Beeston Athletic.

A home win would give the Wolverines the title and they weren't to be denied, dominating the match and deservedly winning to secure the title with a week to spare.

The only goal of the match came with a superb header from Leonard Cohen on 73 minutes and the only surprise is the hosts didn't score more.

Afterwards the fans spilled onto the pitch to begin their celebrations in earnest with the players and management swamped.

When Manager Rich Grove eventually extricated himself from the pitch and made his way to the press conference he was clearly buzzing.

"What a great season we have had. We have played some exceptional football this season and at times have made our opponents look silly. Club records have been falling left, right and centre and we can now call ourselves worthy Champions with a game to go in the season".

"I couldn't be prouder of the players who have worked tirelessly to get us back into the top division where this club so clearly belongs. We have had some frankly ropey seasons in the top flight after a long run of successful top four finishes and we need to get back to our old ways and not struggle again".

"We have made great strides getting in the right players and now there is no one left in the squad who I don't have utter faith in".

"We now have to focus on being fully prepared for week 1 and I need to do a better job next season than I have in recent seasons".

With an eye on next season a couple of moves this week as the manager persuaded Lubomir Moravcik to sign a two year contract extension. Lubo has struggled for form in the last 2 years and it is hoped the manager's faith can be rewarded.

Another week and more transfer activity as the manager brought in potential goalscoring machine Jose Maria from Real Madrid. Making way for the 20 year old are Kincaid J. Stamper and Melky Cabrera.

There is still a chance of more deals this week although after next Monday it is believed the manager will refrain from any more transfers for a while.
Party time for all connected with Charscot Wanderers as the team secured promotion with two weeks to spare today.

The team were confident as they visited relegated Broomhall Tigers, who they had already beaten 5-1 earlier this season. With fourth placed Carnbroe Rovers having already played out a 1-1 draw at Barton Blitz everyone knew a win for the visitors would be enough for promotion.

As it was, the result was never in much doubt as the Wolverines dominated the match for long periods recording a deserve 3-0 victory.

The first goal was a while in coming but once Tevrez Fernando scored on 39 minutes with a magnificent close range volley the result was never in any doubt.

Artur Coimbra added a second four minutes later from 18 yards out and that was the game over as a contest.

Anders Hansen scored the goal of the game, miskicking to lob his own goalkeeper from 35 yards on 59 minutes to complete the scoring.

Manager Rich Grove was in jubilant mood afterwards. "What a great day. We thoroughly deserve our return to the top flight as we have spent more time top of this division than anyone else this season and we have consistently outclassed most opponents".

"There was always a worry we may get so close and then have it all go wrong at the death but thankfully this side is made of sterner stuff than some of the past line=ups and the players were determined not to let it slip".

"Whilst the title is ours to lose the objective was promotion so the pressure is now off the players as they have achieved what was asked of them".

The team now finds itself promoted and three points clear of Southwell City and next week's opponents Beeston Athletic. A win next week should make the title almost certain and anything less than a heavy defeat should still leave the team in position to win the title if they beat local rivals Space Cadets on the final day.

After much negotiations Mario Gomez, 16 year old rising youth star was dealt to local rivals Space Cadets for fellow youth star Neal Caffrey. Caffrey doesn't yet have Mario's skills and is a year older but with vastly better speed is seen as a far more realistic option in the Charscot squad of the future.

The last of the 17 year olds are expected to leave this week whilst negotiations are ongoing with Real Madrid over a potential deal.

Luigi Buffon signed a one year extension to his contract this week as the manager looks to get the last few players under contract control for the foreseeable future.
An enormous match this week as Charscot made the short journey for a local derby at Wascisco Red Sox. With all four chasing clubs playing each other th Wolverines knew they had to gain on some teams with a win today.

The Sox for their part had 7 points from the last 3 games as they try desperately to avoid what seems a likely relegation.

The match today, whilst close in scoreline wasn't close in terms of gameplay as the visitors controlled the game from first  whistle to last.

The only goal of the game came on 26 minutes after a blatant handball by Phil Hunter left the referee with no option. Tevrez Fernando coolly slotted home for his second penalty in four games.

Results elsewhere didn't go as well as hoped but Charscot have gone a point clear at the top and still lead fourth place by five points, whilst the chasing pack is realistically three as Shaolin seem unlikely to catch Charscot now some 8 points behind.

Manager Rich Grove was relieved afterwards. "Have to say this looked like a big hurdle for us so to have played the way we did and taken a crucial three points is very pleasing. We now need to go to Broomhall Tigers and repeat this level of performance next week as after Tigers we face second placed Beeston and local rivals Space Cadets. Consequently a win next week could get us promotion and anything less could leave us in trouble".

A busy week saw Jan Van Beveren join Acham Down of the BS via the market for 7.5million. Also leaving the club was attacker Vladimir Komarov who joined Ziaste Nequeno to complete part of a larger deal from earlier this season.

Expected to leave are youth striker Graham Tainton, who should join Greytree Rangers if Rangers manage to complete the paperwork having failed this week.

Also 3 youths left to local rivals Dep El Celtico in a move to create space within the squad as the limit was fast approaching. Charscot got rid of the players far quicker than waiting for auction market sales in four weeks and Dep El got 3 players for slightly under cost so will make a small profit for minimum effort.

The other departees this week all were placed on the auction market and are hoped to bring in decent sums each as Ned Dowd, Ragnar Sigurdsson and Jason Ortiz all appear to be worth more than their maximum value.
After last week's poor draw things got even worse as Charscot played the second of four consecutive matches against relegation-threatened sides - crashing to a 3-0 home defeat, their first home defeat of the season.

The loss couldn't have come at a worse time as with 4 matches left only one is at home where the team had looked unbeatable for much of the season and the pressure is now on to get some rare away wins in the final month.

The loss was anything but deserved as the hosts will be wondering how exactly they managed to lose this match controlling the ball for long periods and only allowing Rivendell to have four shots on target in the local derby.

However, three of those shots hit the net as Kovaleinen, Galasek and Wilhelmsson gave Rivendell a three goal half time lead that was always going to be enough.

Fortunately none of the chasing four won this week so the team stays top, only on goal difference now from Southwell City with Beeston Athletic a point behind in third.

With the teams in second through fifth all playing each other next week the match at Wascisco Red Sox is a crucial game as it is a chance to gain a distinct advantage over at least 2 chasing clubs, or alternatively will see the team lose valuable ground to at least two sides.

Manager Rich Grove had little to say afterwards. "Sickening. So undeserved, little can be said as clearly nerves are beginning to show with so much hard work all in danger of being wasted in July. We simply have to go and beat Wascisco next week. Nothing less will do".

Some good news as Garrincha and Wolfgang Muller both agreed four year contract extensions. Both players have proven invaluable goalscorers from their respective positions so guaranteeing their futures at the club can only be good news.

News of next season's WPL Super Cup as the draw was made yesterday and pitches the team against Amsterdam A's, Vanbrugh Royals and Greytree Rangers in the initial group stage.

A clearout week ahead as the youths of value that aren't staying will be pl;aced on the market next Monday along with star midfielder Ned Dowd, who is looking for a fresh challenge after falling out with the manager.

Rumours continue to grow that youth star Mario Gomez may be dealt this month in a swap deal although the manager refused to confirm the negotiations that appear to be moving along.
Charscot travelled to relegation-threatened Essendon Bombers knowing that if the Wolverines can exploit playing the bottom four over the next four weeks promotion could be their's.

The Bombers, desperate for wins to have any chance inexplicably played six at the back and only two up front and it was a surprise when they took the lead as the first half drew to a close with a brilliant shot from Nelson from distance.

Charscot were by far the better side, camped in the host's half for long periods but it looked like their poor away form would continue until Tevrez Fernando saved the side with two minutes left. The goal from close range was the very least the Wolverines deserved against a negative opponent.

The point kept the team top as none of the teams below Charscot in the fight for promotion won and with fourth losing the gap increased to five points with five games to go.

Manager Rich Grove cut a frustrated figure post match. "I am pleased we managed to get something from a game we dominated for long periods but I have to say my opponent's tactics were strange to say the least. A 6-2-2 formation isn't going to win many games and whilst hard to break down draws will not keep them up as they are simply too far adrift. If you are going to get relegated surely it is at least worth trying to win the points needed ? Strange management and will no doubt be rewarded with the relegation they clearly deserve".

"We still have 3 more of the bottom 4 to play in the next 3 weeks and with the four realistic challengers to us all playing each other in two weeks we have an excellent chance to gain a crucial advantage if we can just grind out the wins".

A quiet week behind the scenes where the manager has been involved in discussions to find new homes for the surplus youths, with most expected to be sold or placed on the auction market in a fortnight.
Last week's long overdue away win proved all the more crucial as Charscot dropped their first home point of the season today in a disappointing 1-1 draw with Shaolin F.C.

Shaolin came to The Blue Silver Stadium with just one goal and one point from 7 previous meetings at the ground and having never beaten Charscot in a league match home or away.

As it was they left with their second point and kept themselves in the promotion chase in fifth place.

Charscot meanwhile now only have a 4 point lead on fourth with 6 games to go and lead the division by one point.

After a dour first half Artur Coimbra scored against Shaolin for the second time in two appearances against them with a simple close range goal on 48 minutes.

The hosts only held the lead for 5 minutes before Viktor Tyshenko scored with a spectacular 25 yard free kick.

Charscot nearly stole the points in the final minute as Garrincha hit the bar from 8 yards out but that would have been harsh on the visitors.

Manager Rich Grove called for his team to step up a gear in the final 6 weeks. "It's time for us to focus and make the most of the chances we create as after a good season anything less than promotion would be not only a deep disappointment but a blow to the club".

"We face the bottom four in the next four games so it is clearly in our own hands as if we can beat the struggling sides then we should find ourselves in a great position going into the final two matches".

Arriving at the club this week is Luigi Buffon from Atletico Mango of the Major Oak Alliance. The bid of a little less than 9.8mill was the club's tenth highest fee paid for the 18 year old goalkeeper. He is expected to be a challenger for a starting position in 2013.

Good news as Tevrez Fernando signed a four year extension to his contract this week. The 24 year old has been a revelation since forcing his way into the attack earlier this season and his five goals from ten starts was enough to convince the manager to put his faith in Tevrez long term.
After a wait of 20 weeks Charscot finally won their second away match of the season, overcoming St John's United by two goals to one to remain top with 7 games to go.

The win was a battling one as the hosts had the lion's share of possession but the result itself was never in much doubt as the visitors held a lead from the 17th minute onwards. Garrincha scored his ninth goal of the season with a simple close range goal as Charscot made the most of their chances.

Eleven minutes later John Good was lucky to escape a booking with a deliberate handball on the goalline which resulted in a penalty award. Tevrez Fernando slotted home his first ever penalty for the team to double the lead.

The hosts huffed and puffed and eventually got some reward with an 87th minute Jordan Staal goal with three minutes left on the clock but the league leaders weren't going to be denied a potentially crucial away win.

The win maintained the team's 3 point lead at the top and increased the lead on fourth by a point to six points.

Manager Rich Grove was delighted afterwards. "What a great win. We have always done well against John's teams but even so this win was both a pleasant surprise and a much needed boost to our confidence on the road".

"Now we have finally won another away match we need to keep the momentum going with our home match against Shaolin F.C next week. They are flying high but we have never lost to them and have 22 points from 24 and only ever conceded one home goal so history is clearly on our side".

"However, we have to be careful not to get complacent as it has taken a lot of hard work to get where we are and we mustn't throw it away with just 7 games left in the season".

The removal of the excess from the squad began in earnest this week with new arrival Daruzki moving to Ziaste Nequeno, whilst Van Beveren was placed on the auction market.

Adem Ljacic's move to Greytree Rangers was delayed by a week as Rangers failed to provide the correct paperwork but the deal is expected to go through next monday.

One player staying for now is Melky Cabrera who signed a one year extension this week. His long term future is still in some doubt as whilst solid the team hasn't kept clean sheets with him in the team and he has failed to score a single goal for the club. Next season will be a make or break one for him.
A first ever home match against Super Samba's was expected to provide a stern test of the winning home run that had reached a dozen matches. It was a sterner test than anticipated as Samba's controlled the ball for long periods. However, the hosts were incredibly efficient in front of goal making the most of their chances and making it 13 on the trot with a 4-0 win.

Johnny Rep became only the fourth player to score a hattrick for the club as he made the most of his opportunity after Muller's enforced absence through injury.

Rep took just three minutes to score the opener from close range and after 12 minutes the scoreline was doubled as Artur Coimbra scored with a superb header.

Five minutes before half time Rep scored from 15 yards to kill the game as a contest.

As the match entered time added on at the end of a dull second half Rep curled a superb shot from 30 yards to complete a deserved hattrick.

The win keeps the team top, extending the lead at the top to three points, whilst the lead on fourth place is at five points.

Manager Rich Grove was delighted afterwards. "I honestly felt today was a match we could easily lose so to come through with such an emphatic scoreline despite a lack of possession is very pleasing".

"The fact that we only have 7 points from our away games though is still a concern as we only have three home matches left this season and need probably 9 or 10 points to guarantee promotion".

"Consequently we simply have to improve on the road, starting next week with a trip to St John's United".

Despite his injury last week that removed him from the line-up this week it was still a good week for Wolfgang Muller as the manager rewarded his exceptional performances this season with a four year contract extension, which Wolfgang was delighted to sign.

Two players made brief trips to join the club as part of the Candreva deal with Jan Van Beveren and Zderak Daruzki arriving from Chaddesden Celtic of the Opal League.

Daruzki is being sold to Ziaste Nequeno immediately whilst Van Beveren is going onto the auction market next monday for a quick cash profit.
It has now been four months since Charscot won an away match and despite dominating for long periods that run continues as the Wolverines went down to an undeserved one goal defeat at Goodhead F.C

A close range first half goal from Mariusz Galara was the decider as Charscot threw everything at the hosts but continue to have no luck away from home.

Despite the loss Charscot stay top as their main rivals failed too and the gap to fourth has reduced to four points.

The Manager was less than impressed afterwards. "I am growing sick and tired of lamenting our lack of luck on the road and we need to grind out some wins one way or another or we are going to fail in our objective, promotion out of this division" Rich Grove stated.

"There are no excuses for our continued lack of results. Yes, days like today we have been unlucky but that doesn't excuse the season as a whole and changes will be made for the next away match".

"The pressure is now on to extend our winning home run but next week's visitors Super Samba's are more than capable of beating us".

To complete the team's disappointments the side did win away in the Super Cup, 1-0 at The Academy Reserves, but it wasn't enough having lost the first leg at home by two goals.

However, this has been by far the best performance in the competition and the 3million prize will be a decent consolation.

A busy week as the manager started making tweaks in preparation for the future. After both seemingly on the verge of heading onto the auction market, youth star Antonio Candreva and keeper Cam Ward both left the club for fellow WPL side Spondon Renegades.

Coming back in return are three players. The centrepiece of the deal for Charscot is youth midfielder Mesut Ozil, who has worked with the manager before. Ozil isn't as good as Candreva but is far faster and long term will be used in the main squad, something Candreva was never likely to achieve.

Arriving as part of the deal from Chaddesden Celtic of the Opal league are defender Zderak Daruzki  and midfielder Jan van Beveren . Neither will stay at Charscot and both are expected to be placed on the auction market immediately to offset some of the losses from not placing Candreva and Ward on the auction market.

It is now being debated whether youth star Mario Gomez will be given another year in the youth team or placed on the auction market himself.
The home run somehow continues as Charscot won a thriller 3-2 today to take the consecutive home wins to a dozen going back to last season.

The match itself was an even game and both teams will lament the poor defending as only 10 shots were on target yet half hit the net.

The first half was a cagey affair as Charscot led at half time through a 17th minute eighteen yard volley from Artur Coimbra.

14 minutes into the second half the visitors levelled through Jermaine Defoe with a close range goal just 9 minutes after coming on as a substitute.

The match stayed level until a final hectic 14 minutes. Charscot retook the lead as Garrincha hit a magnificent 25 yarder and ten minutes later the match was over as Wolfgang Muller finished from close range after a mazy run.

The visitors got a deserved consolation goal as time expired with Stern Jarowski scoring a fine long distance goal.

The win moved Charscot two points clear at the top and maintained the lead on fourth place at five points as the league enters the final third of the season.

Manager Rich Grove was in a cautious frame of mind afterwards. "Today's result was an excellent one against a form side and to have won 12 consecutive home matches is a club record I doubt will ever be equalled once it inevitably comes to an end".

"However, as great as our home record is it just makes it so much clearer how poor we have been away from home as we have the best home record in the league but have gone the joint longest without an away win, now standing at 8 matches. That away record simply has to improve over the final ten matches as we are bound to drop home points this season and we need probably 12 more points to promote and only have 4 home matches left".

The team now travels to another club with promotion hopes, Goodhead FC, and an away win at this stage of the season could be crucial. Hopes are boosted by having won 8 of the last 10 meetings home and away conceding just one goal and winning the last 6 matches at Goodhead. With the hosts under new management the past has little bearing though.

The second leg of the WPL Super Cup Final failed to be played this week and it is now expected to be played next week. With the Wolverines two down after the home leg a runners-up medal seems likely.

Good news on the personnel side as Stefan Selakovic extended his contract by a further season today. His contract now takes him into his 34th year and covers the potential for an early retirement.

Two players went out on short term loans this week to help clubs at different ends of division two.

Rick Higgott joined promotion chasing Longfield K.L.F . Longfield's recent form has been poor and it is hoped Higgott's scoring ability can help boost the team's results.

Meanwhile Club Captain Luciano Zauti joined struggling Greytree Rangers. Rangers find themselves just above the relegation spots and will be hoping Luciano's knack for scoring from midfield can be continued over the next two months.

Both players will play all bar the last game of the season for their new clubs before returning to Charscot.
After four consecutive away defeats it was safe to say Charscot's away results have been holding the team back so a local derby at Vanbrugh Royals was probably not high on the manager's wishlist of preferred matches entering this week.

Having promised changes the manager changed tactics considerably for the match and was rewarded with a battling point that retained top spot for the Wolverines as second and third played out a goalless draw.

Charscot went behind to a Noel Stallworthy tap in on 17 minutes but bounced back 11 minutes later with a fine Wolfgang Muller driver from 18 yards.

In an even match both sides had chances to win but a draw was clearly the fairest result.

Manager Rich Grove was heartened by what he saw. "If we can show that workrate and make it hard on teams at their own ground for the remainder of the season then hopefully we will be in a position to promote come week 31".

"We return home to defend our 100% home record against fifth placed Untouchables FC next week knowing that a 12th consecutive home win would give us a large cushion on the chasing clubs for a promotion spot, but anything less could see the top half close up considerably".

A disappointing result in the first leg of the WPL Super Cup Final as Charscot lost at home 2-0 to The Academy Reserves. However, considering the awful record of the Wolverines in the comp just making the final has to be consdiered a great result.
After last week's defeat the team returned to The Blue Silver Stadium looking to extend their club record of home wins to 11 games, smashing the previous record of 9 games. Visitors Barton Blitz are one of the few teams Charscot had managed to beat on the road so confidence was high, and is it turned out this confidence was not misplaced.

The hosts put in a dominating performance and the 2-0 scoreline barely reflected the utter dismantling of the visitors.

Tevrez Fernando equalled the club record for scoring in consecutive matches as he scored for the fourth consecutive match to open the scoring. The record originally set by Ian Atkins some 18 years ago when Ian got 7 goals in 4 matches looked like never being equalled but Tevrez has done it in an impressive way, having scored in the only 4 games he has started for the club.

After Fernando's close range effort it took a late tap in from Garrincha to double the lead, although in truth a much heavier win would have been a fairer reflection.

The win saw Charscot leapfrog Southwell City back to top spot and take the gap on fourth place back to seven points with 12 matches to go.

Manager Rich Grove was delighted afterwards. "We needed that win after last week's poor performance and our home form has been simply spectacular this season. Realistically 6 more wins will get us promotion and with 5 home matches left it is clear we need to start producing on the road. I have made changes for next week and hopefully this will produce a more effective team away from home".

"I have to single out Tevrez Fernando for special praise this week. His performances since I gave him a starting spot have been exceptional and to start his career at the club scoring in each of his first four starts is a rare feat. It would be great to see him take Atkins' record next week and create another piece of history from what looks like like a season when a few records may go".

In the WPL Super Cup the opponents once again failed to turn up and Charscot have been handed a 3-0 first leg win and the second leg may not happen next week if the opponents don't guarantee their intentions by Wednesday.
Charscot's away form continues to be a major issue as a fourth consecutive away defeat dropped the team to second place as their opponents regained top place with a 2-1 win.

Southwell City replicated their result from this fixture last season and were good value for the win.

Goals from Sucre and Weah put the hosts in control. Fernando continued his great run scoring form, having now scored in all 3 matches he has started for the club. However, his close range effort made no difference to where the points went and Charscot returned home disappointed once again.

Manager Rich Grove cut a disappointed figure post-match. "Our away form has been nothing short of appalling this season and it is a testament to our home form that we still find ourselves in a promotion spot. However, sooner or later we simply have to start picking up away wins otherwise we will not promote as home points are bound to be dropped this season".

The loss has left the side a point off of the top and four points clear of fourth placed Space Cadets with 13 games to go. With 7 of those games away from home the Wolverines have to find a way to pick up some away wins.

Another frustrating week in the Super Cup as once again Charscot's opponents fail to show up and with only 2 weeks left to complete the two legs many are wondering if one or both legs will have to be awarded.
With a 100% home record and a month of top of the table fixtures a win today against fourth placed Carnbroe Rovers would give the Wolverines a much needed gap on the chasing clubs.

Charscot had 2 points from 3 previous meetings and had yet to score against Rovers so this looked anything but an easy fixture and so it would prove.

Despite controlling the match for long periods a 12th minute goal from Steve Coombe with a close range header looked like ending the home run and gaining Rovers a big three points.

However, as the game entered the final 12 minutes Charscot turned the game on it's head to take the club record of home wins from a previous 8 to 10 matches and extend the lead on fourth place to a large seven points.

Tevrez Fernando rewarded his manager's faith with his second goal in two games for the club with a diving header to bring the scores level.

As the match looked destined for a draw Wolfgang Muller hit a spectacular volley from 25 yards to secure a deserved if unlikely win.

Manager Rich Grove was delighted afterwards. "That was a great comeback win for us and really stamps our authority on the chasing pack for promotion. With a 7 point gap on fourth we are getting close to focusing on where we finish in the top three rather than just trying for promotion".

"We now finish a hard month's fixtures with a trip to second placed Southwell City and even a point next week would be great, particularly considering our relatively poor away form this season which has held us back somewhat".

The Wolverines found their Super Cup Semi Final 1st Leg postponed as another team failed to show in a season that has proven exacerbating for the Charscot team. The team will now hope Eastwood Town show up at The Blue Silver Stadium next week.

Rounding off a good week Johnny Rep signed a two year contract extension as he committed his future to the club.

Meanwhile, for one week only Candreva and Gomez have been made available for a swap deal. The manager is adamant that if no deal is agreed this week they will both stay at the club until the end of the season.
Today was the halfway point and Charscot faced their fifth derby match of the season as Space Cadets visited The Blue Silver Stadium.

With the Cadets mounting a strong push for promotion themselves and Charscot defending a 100% home run that was at a club record 8 consecutive home wins this looked a hard match on paper.

The reality was quite different though as Charscot outclassed the visitors, winning 4-1 in a game that could have been double that score.

The Space Cadets actually took the lead after just 8 minutes as Leo McGarry drove home a fine free kick.

It took the hosts 11 minutes to equalise as Tevrez Fernando, surprisingly handed his full debut by the manager at the expense of Joe Giradi, rewarded his manager's faith in him with a hard hitten shot from 10 yards.

Ten minutes later Evgeni Malkin continued his fabulous form in April with another goal from 10 yards out.

On 57 minutes Ned Dowd killed a lingering hopes the Cadets may have, with a superb 20 yard chip before Malkin got his fifth goal in 3 matches with a close range tap in.

The win hoists Charscot back to top spot, which they last occupied 10 matches ago whilst their opponents stay in 6th and still have a good chance to challenge for promotion.

Manager Rich Grove was delighted afterwards. "To extend our club record winning home run to 9 games with a performance like that is just the boost as we reach halfway. Hopefully we can maintain a strong record at home and if a few tweaks can see us pick up more away points we should get the rewards our performances have deserved this season".

"Particularly pleasing to see Tevrez Fernando score on his full debut. I felt Joe (Giradi) had been struggling to find the net and wasn't replicating the performances he had out on loan with Ziaste Nequeno last season. A rest for Joe made sense and Tevrez really boosted the side today when needed and hopefully he can go on a scoring run like Evgeni's".

"We now face a hard match at home to Carnbroe Rovers, who we have yet to score against. A win would give us a good lead on fourth place so next week could be an enormous week in our season".

The team rounded off a good week by winning 3-1 at Barton Blitz, thanks to a Garrincha hat trick,  to progress 6-3 on aggregate into the semi-finals. The team are now guaranteed a monetary prize and are just awaiting confirmation of whether they travel to Long Eaton Archers or Eastwood Town next week.
Charscot's away form continues to be their Achilles heel as they lost their local derby at Beeston Athletic today. The defeat dropped the team down to third place adj just three points clear of fourth place.

The match was an even battle and on another day the Wolverines would have taken a valuable point but their luck and defending was found wanting as they lost 3-1.

All the goals came in a 12 minute spell in the first half as Barmettler and Leuders put the hosts two up before Evgeni Malkin halved the deficit from close range.

However, within a minute of that goal the hosts scored again through Dumitrache and the game was over as a contest.

Manager Rich Grove held a brief conference afterwards. "We have to sort our away form. That is the third consecutive away defeat and it simply isn't good enough if we want to promote this season. Our perfect home record is keeping us in the frame but we can't expect to win every home game and if we don't improve our results away from home we simply won't go up".

"Changes will be made for the next away match, but first we have a hard local derby against Space Cadets next week".

The team bounced back to win their home leg against Barton Blitz 3-2 in the WPL Super Cup. The second leg is next week.

Meanwhile Tommy Forlan committed his future to the club as he signed a two year extension. This despite being out on loan this season.
With 7 consecutive home wins Charscot have been on fire at The Blue Silver Stadium and the visit of bottom side Broomhall Tigers in theory should have been a welcome prospect. However, Tigers had suddenly hit form with 7 points from 9 and had won in extra time at The Blue Silver Stadium in the cup a month ago so they weren't the easy prospect they appeared to be.

Despite all this however the Wolverines tore the visitors apart in a display that pleased the manager greatly as the hosts won 5-1 for the first time in their history.

It took just 3 minutes for Charscot to take the lead as Evgeni Malkin scored his first goal for the club with a mazy run and dribble and a tap in from close range.

Six minutes later Garrincha scored a 30 yarder to kill the game off.

Malkin scored his second for the club with a close range goal after a penalty box scramble and the home fans were delighted at half time.

Tigers were given false hope when Cliff Cockram hit a magnificent free kick on 50 minutes.

Charscot weren't to be denied as Leonard Cohen scored his first goal for the club ten minutes later driving the ball home from 25 yards.

With time running out Kierrison scored after coming on as a sub with a brilliant diving header from close range to complete the demolition.

The result keeps the team second on goal difference to leaders Southwell City but extends the lead over fourth place to six points.

The team now faces a crucial month with games against 4 teams in the top 6 for what could easily prove to be a make or break month.

Manager Rich Grove was thrilled afterwards. "A truly magnificent display. We have owed someone a hiding with our dominating displays this season and this result has certainly boosted morale at the club".

"We now have a very hard 4 weeks with games against top six sides. If we come through with a decent points haul then we hopefully will be set up for the rest of the season".

Once again the WPL Super Cup match failed as Barton Blitz failed to show and with the league president now looking into the situation there is a chance Charscot may progress without both legs being played. However it is hoped this will be avoided.
After last week's undeserved derby defeat  Charscot returned home to play another derby match looking to extend their home winning run to 7 matches.

Visitors Wascisco Red Sox have been struggling this season and it became apparent why as the Wolverines dominated this game. The domination was so complete the visitors didn't even manage a shot on target.

The hosts could have scored far more but had to settle for two goals in 60 seconds on the half hour mark. Ned Dowd's fantastic 25 yard free kick was a sublime opener before Garrincha lobbed the keeper from thirty yards out to complete the scoring.

Garrincha now has 4 goals in his last 3 matches at home to the Sox, although it could be some time before these sides play each other again at The Blue Silver Stadium if the team's current positions at opposite ends of the table are maintained.

Charscot moved into a tie for top spot with Southwell City and trail by goal difference only now.

Manager Rich Grove was satisfied afterwards. "A clinical performance today as we controlled the match from the off and if we keep playing like we have recently we should be able to grab a promotion spot this season. We now need to exact revenge when Broomhall Tigers visit next week after they beat us in the cup earlier this season. On the upside we experimented that day and were happy to lose in extra time whereas this time there will be no experimenting".

Charscot's home quarter-final against Barton Blitz wasn't played today as the kick off time was deemed too early for the Barton manager to be seen in public (understandable to those who have seen the pictures) and consequently both legs will now have evening kick offs beginning next week at Barton Blitz.
A derby trip to struggling Rivendell should have been a chance to extend the lead over the chasing clubs and boost the team's promotion hopes . However, despite a dominating performance by the Wolverines the hosts committed daylight robbery stealing the three points with a 27th minute Fernando Torres goal.

The defeat dropped the team to third place and they are now 3 points ahead of the chasing pack and three points behind leaders Southwell City.

Manager Rich Grove was brief afterwards. "If we play like that all season we should expect to be successful in our promotion aims. There isn't much more the players could have done performance-wise as we controlled the game and lost to a suckerpunch goal."

"We will hopefully replicate that performance many times in the next few months but be more deadly in front of goal than we were today".

On a quiet week there was no other news as the squad remains settled and the quarter-finals of the WPL Super Cup don't commence until next week.
A home game against Essendon Bombers always looked like a likely home win and Charscot maintained their 100% home record with a convincing performance that wasn't reflected in the 1-0 scoreline.

The only goal of the match was scored on 39 minutes as Garrincha drove the ball home from close range.

The visitors showed nothing in response and the hosts could easily have scored more goals.

The 1-0 win was enough to keep the team in second place and maintain the 4 point cushion on fourth place after a third of the season.

Manager Rich Grove was satisfied afterwards. "A win was expected, with our opponents looking for a new manager and whilst the scoreline wasn't as emphatic as was hoped, the performance certainly was".

"We now have a short trip to Rivendell, who have been in freefall in recent weeks and we need to exploit their poor form and grab an important three points".

The team progressed to the quarter finals with a 2-2 draw at Broomhall Tigers, securing a 4-2 win on aggregate. The team will now face Barton Blitz for a place in the last four.

In other good news two players signed contract extensions this week. Backup keeper Cam Ward signed a one year extension whilst veteran striker Rick Higgott signed on for another year after confirming last week that he had no intention of retiring this season.
Charscot travelled to Division One basement side Broomhall Tigers for a meaningless cup match this week and management and players alike will be glad with the extra time defeat, despite a dominating performance from the Wolverines.

The Wanderers controlled the game from first whistle to last and deservedly took the lead after 6 minutes with a close range Joe Giradi goal.

The hosts got an undeserved equaliser after the Charscot defence made a mess of things on 56 minutes and the match was unfairly headed to extra time.

In extra time the hosts scored with their only attack to rob Charscot of progression in the cup, something that isn't going to bother management.

Manager Rich Grove was happy enough afterwards. "We tried out something different this week and whilst it resulted in an undeserved defeat the way we played gives us hope as we won't lose many games dominating play like that".

"I am more disappointed by the injury to Artur Coimbra in training, the third injury to the starting XI in a week. Seems the injury Gods have it in for us".

Whilst the cup defeat was more than acceptable Charscot won 2-0 in the second round 1st leg Super Cup tie at home to Broadwalk United to put themselves in a strong position to progress in the cup that is worth winning.

Further good news came in the finding of youth foreigner Mario Gomez. At 2.8million he looks like a bargain and should be a good earner for the club at the end of this season or next.

One last piece of good non-news was the lack of a retirement announcement from record scorer Rick Higgott. With this week being the seasonal cut off for retirement decisions another season of Rick is now guaranteed.
A trip to Shaolin F.C holds little fear for the Wolverines who have never lost to their opponents in 16 previous meetings and this overconfidence may explain the dire performance the team put in today.

The hosts dominated from first whistle to last and it was a shock when Charscot took the lead with a close range goal from Artur Coimbra on 36 minutes.

The hosts didn't allow their heads to drop though and were rewarded with a Hafiz equaliser after 65 minutes.

The draw leaves the team in second place going into the week off as the cup starts next week.

Manager Rich Grove was unimpressed afterwards. "That was a truly poor performance and we need to sort out our performances on the road if we want to maintain a promotion push."

"The only upside to the match is if we can play that badly and still get something from the game then at least our resilience is worth something. However, we could certainly do with being more convincing away from home and in that vein we will try something a bit different in our meaningless cup match at Broadwalk United next week".

The team played their final Super Cup group match today, winning 2-0 at local rivals Space Cadets. With the team already qualified the result wasn't particularly important as the team prepare to host Broomhall Tigers next week.

It wasn't all good news though as the team were hit with two injuries as Luka Modric faces 7 weeks out and Evgeni Malkin faces 3 weeks on the sidelines. The timing is particularly bad for Evgeni who had just cemented his place in the starting XI for the first time.
Charscot bounced back and maintained their 100% home record with a fine fighting performance against St John's United and a 4-2 win that propelled the side up a place to second.

Despite a Wolfgang Muller close range goal on 3 minutes United scored twice before half time to take a 2-1 lead into the second half.

However, for the first time in the club's history both substitutes would score in the same match as Ned Dowd and Kierrison turned the match on it;s head with a three goal burst.

Dowd was first to score, taking just forty seconds after entering the fray to score with a superb chip from 30 yards.

Kierrison, dropped to the bench this week, then went one better as after heading home on 77 minutes he then hit an equally superb lob on 84 minutes to secure the points. He also became the first sub to score more than one goal in a game as a substitute.

Manager Rich Grove was a happy man afterwards. "That was a great fightback in the second half and the subs did us proud today. We do need to improve our away form somewhat but if we keep winning the home matches we should be in a good position to promote this season come week 31".

The team followed up this win with a fine 3-1 win at St Joseph's BC that ensured the team won their group and are guaranteed a spot in the knockout stages of the WPL Super Cup.
A first defeat of the season had to come sooner or later and after 6 good weeks Charscot's players put in a poor performance as they lost at previously struggling Super Samba's 2-1.

The defeat was deserved as the hosts created far more and they were rewarded just past the half hour mark as Jared Borgetti scored from ten yards.

Artur Coimbra scored his second goal as a substitute within 7 minutes of coming on to level the scores. His header was the culmination of a brilliant move that was the visitor's highlight of the day.

However, Samba's scored the winner with six minutes left as Rafinha headed in from close range.

Rich Grove was brief post match. "That was a frustrating performance to put in after such a good start. Having dominated so many unbeaten sides this season to play so poorly against a struggling side is a major disappointment".

"However, we are still in a promotion position, which is the aim for the season and we need to show our best qualities and bounce back next week. We return home to defend our 100% home record against St John's United and we simply have to win.".

With the league experiencing difficulties Charscot's match at Space Cadets wasn't played and will be made up in a fortnight.
Charscot hosted bizarrely named Goodhead F.C today looking to continue the unbeaten start to the season. Goodhead have had a solid start to the season, belying their squad's talents and this was always likely to be a cagey match.

As it was the hosts dominated for long periods but struggled in the final third of the pitch and were indebted to star striker Garrincha's spectacular late solo goal for a crucial 1-0 win.

The visitors were restricted to just one shot on target in the match but Charscot looked like drawing until Garrincha ran 50 yards, beating four players on route to the goal before dribbling past the keeper and tapping home.

With leaders Untouchables FC losing Charscot claimed top spot, two points clear of the only other undefeated side, Beeston Athletic.

Manager Rich Grove was delighted afterwards. "That was a big win today. To win when we struggled to create chances is a good sign and top at any stage of the season is a great feeling and we now need to build on this superb start".

"We now face Super Samba's for the first time next week and need to exploit their surprisingly poor start to the season as their position is clearly a false one".

A quiet week behind the scenes as the only dealings are the confirmed departures of youth players Vick, Catermole and King to Ziaste Nequeno. The players are leaving to make room for the latest youth finds for the defence.

The only other news was the Wolverines 2-0 win at home to Broomhall Lions in the WPL Super Cup to keep the team's hopes of progression alive with two group matches remaining.
Charscot travelled to leaders Untouchables for a first ever league meeting between the side looking to extend the unbeaten start to the season.

This battle of the top two proved to be a cagey match which the visitors dominated but failed to make the most of their chances and had to settle for a draw.

The hosts scored with a Christopher Cook header on ten minutes but Charscot were level on 27 minutes as Johnny Rep headed in after a superb passing move involving 8 of the team.

Despite dominating the remainder of the game the Wolverines found their finishing touch missing and left with a point that keeps them second behind the hosts on goal difference.

Manager Rich Grove was happy enough afterwards. "On paper we should be winning these games but a point away to another unbeaten side has to be considered a good result for this time of season".

"We are normally lucky to have three points after five games so to have 11 points and be joint top has to be considered a good start to the season. We need to build on this in the coming weeks when we finally get to play sides that aren't undefeated this season".

The team claimed a point in the Super Cup with a 1-1 draw at home to St Joseph's BC thanks to a Kierrison penalty to keep the team in with a chance of progression at the halfway stage of the group matches.

Midfielder Ned Dowd, whose career at the club had been questioned by many a couple of months ago, brought an end to the conjecture as he signed a two year contract extension. The contract was offered based on the superb start to the season he has made as the lynchpin in the Charscot midfield, providing the experience to a young side.

One final piece of good news was the realisation of Artur Coimbra's skills as the promising young midfielder showed enough improvement on his skills to confirm him as the finished article and in need of no further training.
Charscot hosted local rivals Vanbrugh Royals in a battle of two unbeaten teams looking to extend their good record at home to the Royals, who had only won this fixture once in ten previous visits.

The game itself was a thriller with the hosts eventually coming through by three goals to two to stay second and move onto the same points as leaders Untouchables, who Charscot visit next week.

The match itself was a great vindication for the recent signings and hard work convincing a player to stay as all three goals came from newer players.

Opening the scoring on 17 minutes was Joe Giradi with his first goal for the club, a superb chip from outside the area.

Stoichkov continued his run of scoring against Charscot as he equalised on 54 minutes with a close range toe poke.

The hosts weren't to be denied as substitute Artur Coimbra bundled the ball home from close range 11 minuets after coming on to score his first goal for the club. After complaining four times in the last 8 weeks of wanting to leave it does seem as if Artur has got a new lease of life at the club.

Ten minutes after the second goal Wolfgang Muller scored from close range for his second goal in three appearances for the club to seal the points.

Paul Brown managed to score a superb volley for a consolation with four minutes remaining but the hosts held out for a big three points.

Manager Rich Grove was brief afterwards. "That was a superb result that keeps us in the frame early on, something that is rare to say the least !. We now travel to the leaders next week and if we can get a positive result again we will be off to a fabulous start".

The team completed a derby double, beating Space Cadets 3-1 in the WPL Super Cup to complete a good week.

With the arrival of youth star Jermeine Keane the funds were quickly reimbursed as a number of youth players departed from the auction market whilst the biggest fee received was from reigning Champions Barnstoneworth United who paid 10.5mill for Etienne Rocheteau.
With a good opening fortnight Charscot found themselves travelling to second placed Barton Blitz knowing a win would leapfrog the Wolverines above the Blitz from third place.

The match was a game of few chances but with the visitors dictating the play the solitary goal of the match was a deserved one for Charscot.

With the game approaching the hour mark Luka Modric scored from just outside the six yard box to give the visitors the 1-0 win and a grasp on second place.

Charscot now return home to face another unbeaten team as local rivals Vanbrugh Royals visit The Blue Silver Stadium next week.

"That was a very good solid performance from us" Manager Rich Grove stated afterwards. "We did what we had to and looked thoroughly professional throughout the match to take a deserved win. This start is light years better than recent seasons and if we can come through our next two matches against two unbeaten sides, 7th placed Vanbrugh Royals and leaders Untouchables, and still be unbeaten ourselves then we will have set ourselves up nicely."

As well as the victory it was a good day for all at the club as want away prospect Artur Coimbra had a change of heart and signed a one year extension to at least guarantee a year at the club.

As well as this Liam Feeney finally moved closer to finishing his training as he upped his speed and expects to be the finished article within the fortnight. Liam is expected to be loaned out as soon as he finishes his training.

Further good news came later in the day as it was confirmed the club had secured the services of midfielder Jermeine Keane via the auction market. The 17 year old was a product of WPL side Forest F.C and his signing fee, 20,112,533, is the fourth highest figure ever paid by the manager for a player.

The only blot on a good week was a 2-1 reverse at Broomhall Lions in the first game of this season's WPL Super Cup.
With the need to get a win far earlier than recent seasons (when a win before week 6 was unheard of) the manager made a number of changes to the line-up and was rewarded in style as Charscot won their home opener over Southwell City by four goals to one with three goals coming from players brought into the lineup.

Whilst the scoreline flattered the hosts the win was deserved as Charscot took control early on and never looked liked being pegged back.

Wolfgang Muller equalled a club record held by Lars Larsson for the fastest debutant goal as he scored from close range after three minutes. This was the first debutant goal in 4 years, since Garrincha scored on his debut.

Garrincha himself scored two goals on his season debut with a long range volley on 9 minutes and a close range drive after 71 minutes.

These goals sandwiched a fine long shot from Kierrison on 54 minutes.

With the scoreline at 4-0 City got a consolation goal with ten minutes left as Walton Stamper scored from just outside the area.

The win shot the team up to third place as they face a host of high flying sides in the next three weeks with matches against the teams in first, second and fifth. The perfect chance to get into a strong position or to come crashing down to earth ? Time will tell.

Manager Rich Grove was very happy afterwards. "We really needed to get an early win and the style of the win is a real boost for the upcoming battles. Hopefully we can carry this form into some very tricky fixtures in the next few weeks".

The only downside to the week was new first teamer Artur Coimbra going to the press complaining that he wants a fresh start elsewhere. The manager is going to give it one more shot to get him to sign a contract next week and if unsuccessful it will be time to look for a deal for him before his attitude causes problems in the dressing room.
After last season's opening day draw at Canrbroe Rovers, the Wolverines travelled hoping to get off to a better start. Considering the lack of a win in the opening 5 matches ultimately cost the side promotion last season the pressure was literally on from the first whistle.

Unfortunately Charscot never got going and were fortunate to grind out a fairly dull goalless draw that the fans of both clubs will be looking to forget as quickly as possible.

The draw leaves the hosts 10th and Charscot 11th after the opening match for all sides and the team returns home to face a Southwell City side they have never beaten next week.

Manager Rich Grove was disappointed post match. That performance was poor. We never seemed to work out what we were doing and we were lucky to get a point, which we clearly didn't deserve".

"The standards simply have to rise or else we will have another season of failure, something which has become commonplace around here in recent seasons".

The draw for the first round of the cup was made and Charscot travel to Division One rivals Broomhall Tigers on week 10.

Meanwhile two players arrived as Jason Ortiz arrived from the auction market and Waco Tassenaar arrived from the MOA, completing the deal that saw Carroll Shelby leave the club a couple of weeks ago.