Charscot travelled to A.F.C Binfield for a seemingly meaningless league match for the Wolverines on the back of 3 consecutive league defeats.

As with the two previous meetings this season the game was live and as with those previous meetings Charscot run out winners.

The match started brightly for the hosts as legendary ex-Charscot player Garrincha opened the scoring in his final match against Charscot before his retirement with a close range tap in.

Charscot were dominating but looked like going away with nothing before substitute Rob Rensenbrink came on.

Rensenbrink equalised on 67 minutes with a simple flicked shot and four minutes later scored another close range goal, with his knee this time, to put Charscot ahead.

As the match drew towards a close Charscot continued to push forward and were rewarded with Elvir Bolic slicing into his own net in the final minute.

The team stay sixth despite the win but reduce the gap to leaders Real Madrid, whose defeat sees the difference reduce to four points, which is still likely to be insurmountable with just 6 games left.

Manager Rich Grove was very happy afterwards. "That was an excellent display from us against a team chasing the title on their own patch. Hard to be critical of anything on a day like today. Just a shame that our recent league form has made this result seem fairly meaningless barring a lot of luck in the coming weeks".

The only negative this week was the draw for the semi-finals of the S.L.F.A. Cup as Charscot got the team they didn't want, Balham Town. Town have proven a hard opponent of late, as evidenced by their latest double over the Wolverines this season and a return to the Final couldn't be harder to achieve now.
Charscot faced the top two teams in the league in a week that was clearly going to determine if the team had anything left to play for.

The away trip to leaders Real Madrid in the league was sacrifice as all the focus was on the cup quarter-final. It therefore was no surprise when the team lost 2-0 to end any chance of a title tilt.

Thel oss dropped the team down to sixth, tying the club's lowest position all season and with a 7 point gap to the leaders the chase is over.

A.F.C Binfield visited The Blue Silver Stadium knowing their record there was poor and thankfully nothing changed as the hosts won a cagey match by a solitary Emiliano Delossantos goal.

The towering header just before the hour mark was enough to see the team progress to the semi-finals.

Manager Rich Grove was satisfied afterwards. "We made the cup our main target so we cannot be unhappy this week, even though the league loss does hurt. With the league now over for us I can use the remaining weeks to test out tactics and hopefully we will be stronger for this come next season".

The team now faces Binfield again and how the new tactics sit with the team will be interesting to see.

Little action behind the scenes as the manager has ceased to hear from any interested managers looking for deals.
Charscot hosted Balham Town knowing they had to get back to winning ways to keep alive their decreasing title hopes.

Town came and did a professional job, scoring twice in the first 13 minutes and killing the game as a contest.

The 2-0 loss dropped Charscot down to fifth but still four points adrift of leaders Real Madrid who lost.

Manager Rich Grove was frustrated afterwards. "We have simply been poor in recent weeks just when the leaders themselves stumble. Anything like solid form and we would be right up there but as it is we now go into an enormous week where we face the leaders and also have a cup tie with the team in second place. Our entire season comes down to next week."

A quiet week behind the scenes as the manager still has yet to find anything to tempt and it increasingly looks like the squad will be chasing another youth title next season barring a quality offer very quickly.
Charscot were entering a decisive period of the season as they made the trip to the Champions before facing all the main title challengers over the next few weeks.

Having lost this game 1-0 last season the Wolverines were hoping not to repeat but a 17th minute goal from Picard was enough to repeat last season's loss and send Charscot down the table.

The loss saw the club drop to fourth place and four points adrift of leaders Real Madrid.

Manager Rich Grove was unimpressed post match. "Simply not good enough. We get ourselves into position to make a challenge and then immediately lose ground. Barring a winning run for the next four or five games we can consider our title challenge to be over and our only hope of silverware this season is in the cup".

The rumours of impending deals increased during the week with the manager close on a couple of fronts but he confirmed today nothing was likely. "We got close and had to some excellent offers but sadly not quite the offer needed to move the club forward in the way that we wanted".
Charscot have struggled at home to Rivendell of late and the visitors were determined to get something from this local derby as they fight to stay in the top flight.

They came very close to grabbing a point as the only goal of the game came with three minutes left.

Ricario Sanchez scored for the third consecutive league match as he hit home a spectacular free kick from just outside the 'D'.

The win leaves Rivendell in 13th place whilst Charscot moved up two places to second and reduced the gap to leaders Real Madrid to 3 points.

Manager Rich Grove wasp leased with his team post-match. "The recent run of fixtures have provided a number of tricky opponents and with 13 points from 15 we have certainly done a decent job of things. We go to Champions Rhyl next week for a very challenging match next week and a point would be very good but with Real on form we probably need to win just to keep in touch".

The draw for the S.L.F.A. Cup Quarter-Finals were made, with the Wolverines hosting fellow top flight side A.F.C Binfield in the tie of the round undoubtedly.

Binfield have twice knocked Charscot out of the cup at The Blue Silver Stadium so this match will be a stern test and a repeat of the 2-1 home win in the league would be a great result.

After the manager made a number of players available in the week negotiations have been ongoing with a handful of teams and whether a deal will be agreed should be clear in the next day or two.

Meanwhile Manuel Sanchis returned to Real Madrid after injury ended his season.
A big week for the club as the team faced another struggler in the league on the road and a potential banana skin in the cup at home.

The manager made it clear the priority was the cup and whether the team may regret that come the end of the season only time will tell.

The league match at The Northerners was always going ot be a hard fixture and hopes were high when Jose Maria hit a precise lob after just ten minutes.

Gregory equalised early in the second half before Ricario Sanchez restored the lead with a tap in on 69 minutes.

Gregory was to prove unstoppable though as he scored again 3 minutes later to leave the match all square, 2-2.

The draw leaves Charscot five points adrift of the top of the league in fourth position and unlikely to challenge for the league now.

Manager Rich Grove had mixed feelings afterwards. "I hope the club and fans don't end up regretting my decision later on as clearly it is a risk but right now it feels like our best chance of a trophy is in the cup so I feel we have to make that our priority".

"However, we still have to give it our all in the league and just hope those above us falter, and that means continuing our  recent unbeaten run as we host Rivendell next week".

With the club possibly looking to add to the youth side there are also rumours the manager may be looking to give up on the youth team following Snahcis' season ending injury today.
Charscot returned home to host relegation threatened Beeston Athletic looking to keep the winning run going and keep in touch with the top two clubs.

The match has proven a good one for the Wolverines, looking to complete a sixth double over Athletic (a record shared against a handful of clubs).

As it was the visitors provided little resistance as they capitulated to a 4-1 loss.

Ademir scored from close range for his tenth goal for the club on 13 minutes for the only goal of the first half.

Josep Simunic scored a second own goal in this fixture to make it 2-0 on 55 minutes with a bizarre lob from distance past his own keeper.

On 75 minutes Ricario Sanchez also scored his tenth for the club with a brilliant 30 yard free kick.

With 2 minutes left Athletic got a goal back with de Jong's lob but Charscot went straight down the other end where Sandor Kocsis executed a brilliant lob for his fifth goal of the season, all from defence.

The win keeps the team in third place, three points behind leaders Real Madrid as the team enters a week with two matches, one in the league and one in the cup.

Manager Rich Grove was satisfied post-match. "We came into this run of fixtures knowing we simply had to beat all the strugglers and so far we have made a decent start but we have to remain focused as we have more games we should be winning and anything less than a win could leave us too large a mountain to climb. At the same time we have a big home match in the cup as we look to make it to the last eight. Anything less than a win against a talented Division One Seabourne City will be a let down at this stage of the season".

Ademir's consistent scoring has seen him rewarded by the manager, who has shown faith this week by rewarding him with a two season contract extension.
Charscot made the short trip to struggling Wascisco Red Sox determined to keep their short winning run going. The Sox have been poor all season and a win for the Wolverines should have been easy enough.

Things started well with Jose Maria scoring with a precise lob after on ten minutes but after that Charscot dominated but found their shooting boots letting them down and a 1-0 win was all they could manage.

Leaders Dep El got thumped, allowing Charscot to move into third place, still 3 points adrift of top spot, which is now occupied by Real Madrid.

Manager Rich Grove was cautious afterwards. "Not the best of wins by any means but at this stage the 3 points are the most important part of matchday. We are playing a number of struggling sides right now and simply have to keep winning for the next few weeks".

The draw for the third round of the cup sees the club host Division One side Seabourne City. City are a top quality side that should be in the top flight but have found consistency of results hard to come by. This is a very tricky prospect for the team.

After signing Faas Wilkes this week following a successful scouting trip, the manager started to make plans for who will be staying with Rafael Gordillo getting a two year contract extension. More contract extensions are anticipated in the coming weeks.
Charscot faced their first double match week of the season with a crucial home league match and a cup trip to Division 2 side Davorin.

In the league St Joseph's BC visited The Blue Silver Stadium and the hosts knew a win was crucial to keep any slim title hopes alive.

The match started brightly with Ademir scoring on 24 minutes with a close range drive but BC equalised within five minutes.

Charscot were the dominant side but it looked like the match would finish all square before Matt Richie kneed the ball in from close range in time added on for a last gasp win.

The team then made the trip to Davorin knowing a win would be expected. The match started poorly with the team going behind after 19 minutes.

However, the team responded well with Richie scoring his second goal of the week with a brilliant chip from distance.

Eight minutes later Jose Maria scored his 100th goal for the club with a precise lob from distance to secure the 2-1 win.

Manager Rich Grove was ecstatic afterwards. "The league result was enormous for us and we never gave up despite looking like only taking a point. To then navigate a tricky cup tie at Davorin is always a relief".

"We now have to beat local rivals Wascisco Red Sox next week to try and keep in touch with the top 3 sides".

Marc Crosas secured his future at the club after signing a contract extension this week. Marc's future had looked in doubt at the club early on after his arrival but his performances in recent months have ensured he will still be at the club next season.
Charscot's title challenge is looking dead in the water with half a season to go as the team dropped to their lowest position of the season following a 0-1 reverse at home to Prestatyn Town.

The team is now in sixth place and 5 points adrift and the focus will be on the cup for one week at which point the team will no doubt exit that competition and the season will be over.

Manager Rich Grove had little to say post match. "Unacceptable performance. We should beat Prestatyn every time we play them and this defeat really hurts".
A trip to Shaolin F.C has been a fruitful one and hopes were high that the usual three points would be Charscot's as the Wolverines looked to extend their unbeaten run to four games.

The match took an unexpected turn on 22 minutes when the hosts took the lead but their joy was short lived as ten minutes later Marc Crosas hit a superb free kick from outside the area into the top right hand corner to make it 1-1.

Just before half time Ricario Sanchez toe poked home from close range and once Ademir scored from close range after 54 minutes the match was over as a spectacle.

The 3-1 win moved the team back into fourth place with Shaolin dropping one to 11th.

Manager Rich Grove was happy post match. "We need to beat those sides we have beaten historically if we want to keep pace with the top 3. Next us we host a Prestatyn Town side who are dangerous going forward and inept at the back, a weakness we simply have to exploit".
The league leaders visited The Blue Silver Stadium with a 4 point lead on the Wolverines as we close in on the halfway point in the season. A loss would end Charscot's hopes of a title challenge whilst a draw was not close to enough really.

The match ended up being a thriller as both defences went missing for long periods.

On fourteen minutes Emiliano Delossantos scored his first of the season with a close range effort which was quickly cancelled out by the visitors seven minutes later.

The hosts retook the lead a minute later as Matt Richie headed in from ten yards.

The second half saw the match swing The Academy's way as within ten minutes of the restart they led 3-2.

Substitute Ricario Sanchez saved a point for Charscot as he chipped home sweetly from 25 yards with five minutes left on the clock.

The 3-3 draw leaves Charscot four points adrift of leaders The Academy, but two places lower down in fifth place.

Manager Rich Grove was frustrated afterwards. "Our play was good enough to win this match convincingly but our defending at times was comical and The Academy are too good a side to play poorly against in any area of the pitch. We are still in the fight but really need to go on a long unbeaten run and try and overhaul the sides above us".

In a surprise move the club were pleased to announce the signing of midfielder Rafael Gordillo from fellow top flight side Real Madrid. Gordillo's career had got off to a stuttering start and the player was keen for a fresh start. Although not fine tuned on his pace he is expected to be involved once his form is up to scratch.

The Manager also confirmed that midfielder Jairzinho whose own career has been stuttering of late, will be joining Dep El Celtico next week.
A big week for the club leading into next week's visit of the league leaders proved to be a damp squib as the team drew their local derby natch and exited the Super Cup at the second round stage.

The league match at Vanbrugh Royals was one the team had hoped to win but despite a 27th minute Lars Stock goal from close range the team was pegged back early in the second half and the match petered out for a draw.

The point saw the team leapfrogged by Dep El Celtico and The Academy now have a four point lead, putting increasing pressure on next week's match at The Blue Silver Stadium.

The team compounded a poor week with a 2-0 loss at Emmy's Monstars to exit the Super Cup 2-0 on aggregate.

Manager Rich Grove had little to say on the week. "Poor, just plain poor. Need to be winning those games in both league and cup if we want to achieve anything. A loss next week will create an insurmountable gap barring an extraordinary run and already this feels like a lost season despite being in the top three".
Charscot faced their biggest match of the season to date with the arrival of local rivals Dep El Celtico.

Charscot had lost 3 out of their last four league games and Dep El hadn't lost a match in 10 weeks so this was always likely to prove a hard battle.

The hosts gave up a lot of space on the pitch, focused on trying to make the most of their chances and so it proved as two second half goals saw the team leapfrog the visitors to go second, two points off of top spot.

Sandor Kocsis scored for the third consecutive match , a record for a defender at the club, shortly after half time with a close range goal.

Jose Maria scored with a toe poke on 64 minutes and the visitors never looked like getting back into the match.

Manager Rich Grove was delighted afterwards. "A truly exceptional performance. We have to build on this going forward as we have tended to follow a really good performance with a couple of bad ones of late so there will be no complacency going into our trip to Vanbrugh Royals".

"Changes were made tactically and to the line up itself as we looked to stop the silly goals going in so the clean sheet was a big boost to the team".

The team played out a dour 0-0 draw in the Super Cup against Emmy's Monstars, with the postponed leg to be played next week.

The manager did confirm that striker Matt Richie had earned a two year contract extension, signed over the weekend.
Charscot travelled to Longfield K.L.F lacking in confidence after losing two of their last three matches. Longfield have had hard start to their return to the top flight but had already notably beaten the reigning champions and also the league leaders, who were undefeated at the time.

Consequently it came as little surprise when the Wolverines, whose defence has been leaky at best, came to Brunswick Park and despite scoring three goals lost the game.

It started brightly for Charscot with a Joshua Npowa penalty on 25 minutes after a handball in the penalty area.

However by half time the hosts led 2-1 and despite Sandor Kocsis scoring immediately after kick off with a fantastic volley the visitors still looked vulnerable.

Longfield retook the lead on 77 minutes but within seconds Ricario Sanchez scored his first goal off of the bench with a drive from the edge of the box.

Unfortunately for Charscot the defence was caught sleeping with six minutes left as Cessini scored from close range.

The loss dropped the team to fifth but with the top two drawing with each other the points gap only extended to two.

Manager Rich Grove was clearly frustrated after the match. "The display from the defence has been problematical at best this season, with clean sheets rare and we simply have to become more secure at the back. Admittedly we should have scored more than three but when you score three on the road you should never lose the game".

"Changes will be made next week as we have lost 3 out of 4 in the league and our great start is but a distant memory now and we will soon be completely swallowed up and disappear from the title race and that is not acceptable with this squad and after the start we made".

The first leg of the club's second round Super Cup tie at Emmy's Monstars was cancelled at the last minute after the host club failed to provide a safety certificate for the ground. The pressure is now on for the Monstars who will forfeit the tie if they have a further failure to play in the round.
Charscot faced a very tricky trip to Division One promotion chasers Broomhall Lions with a defeat a likely possibility.

The Wolverines Manager had made a conscious decision to stop the tactical experimenting in the cup and to actually make an effort to progress this season and that was rewarded with the team putting on a superb performance to win 4-1.

Two goals on the half hour mark ended the hosts resistance as Jose Maria's precise chip from 30 yards was quickly followed by an unfortunate own goal from Pique.

The second half saw Matt Richie score a 15 minute double with a tap in and a 15 yard drive before the Lions got a last minute consolation goal from Pattersson.

Manager Rich Grove was delighted after the match. "This was a hard game and we have come here and put on a very good display of football which hopefully we can take into the coming weeks as we face a number of tricky matches that will determine how involved we will be in the title race".

In the Super Cup the team were left waiting on the catch up matches of other sides to see if they would progress as one of the four best runner's up. With both Spondon and Rivendell failing to win the club moved into the second round where they face Emmy's Monstars, top of Division 3, over two legs with the first game on the road next week.

The only bad news of the week was the loss of Christian Atsu to a 12 week knee ligament injury. The injury ends his season realistically.
After three games where the team only took a point Charscot hosted the team directly above them, A.F.C Binfield, knowing a win was desperately needed to halt the team's slide.

It didn't look good at half time with Binfield leading thanks to a spectacular drive from Chaarscot old boy Majewski on 13 minutes.

Charscot have been a far better second half side this season and that was to continue to be the case as the team rebounded well.

Sandor Kocsis levelled the score within 3 minutes of the re-start with a close range header before substitute Rob Rensenbrink tapped in from close range on 64 minutes.

Rensenbrink's goal was his 111th as a sub, a new club record, and one he is likely to extend considerably before his career is over considering he is only 23 years old and the manager has zero intention of letting him go.

With no other teams in the top four winning Charscot moved into third place and just one point adrift of top spot as we enter the break for the first round of the cup.

Manager Rich Grove was delighted afterwards. "We really needed that win today to show we can compete against the best teams and managers. We now get a week's break from the league as we look to try and actually have a cup run for a change. It won't be easy though as we go to Broomhall Lions, who are looking good for promotion to the top flight at present".
Charscot knew they faced a big match with Real Madrid visiting as the Wolverines looked to arrest a run that had seen them take one point from two matches.

However, the team's inability to defend properly cost them dear as despite being the more creative side some woeful defending left the team 3-0 down after 53 minutes and with a mountain to climb.

The team made the scoreline respectable as Jose Maria bundled home from close range on 82 minutes and Matt Richie scored his first goal for the club from close range at the end of a flowing move five minutes later.

The loss dropped the team to fourth place and four points adrift of top spot as they host third placed A.F.C Binfield next week.

Manager Rich Grove was fuming afterwards. "The defending has become a joke. We simply have to stop conceding goals or else the season is over as we cannot expect to get anywhere if we never keep a clean sheet. We now host A.F.C Binfield in an enormous match next week. We have an excellent home record against them and we have to add to that record with a win or else the league is over".

In the Super Cup Charscot finished their group campaign with a 3-1 win over Helston Allstars as Delossantos, Jairzinho and Npowa scored the goals. The team now has to wait to see if they can claim one of the four best second place finishes to progress in the cup.
Charscot travelled to Balham Town knowing their record was poor at Town and that the unbeaten start to the season was going to be threatened.

The first half proved decisive as the hosts score twice in the first 26 minutes to leave the Wolverines with their first defeat of the season.

The loss moved Charscot to third place and three points off of top spot.

Manager Rich Grove was unhappy afterwards. "We really need to do better in this fixture. We are now under extreme pressure as we host Real Madrid and A.F.C Binfield over the next two weeks, two matches that could leave our good start a distant memory if we don't turn things around after failing to win either of the last two matches".

The team completed a disappointing week by losing 3-2 at home to Ayrhead. Charscot were 3 down before Rensenbrink scored two late goals to make the game look closer than it actually was.
Charscot hosted Champions Rhyl F.C knowing the winning run was in danger after Rhyl had ended Binfield's winning run last week with a 4-0 victory.

The match ended up ending the run as expected, although on another day Charscot could easily have won this game.

When Jose Maria scored from close range after 73 minutes it looked like another win but the team only held the lead for two minutes before sub Echolls scored.

The draw leaves things unchanged at the top with The Academy also having their winning run end with a draw.

Manager Rich Grove was slightly downbeat post-match. "Hard to know at this point if this is just a temporary glitch or if the team are going to go off the boil. With so many hard fixtures in the next few weeks things could quickly go badly wrong and the players need to stay fully focused if we are to maintain a challenging position".

A quiet week, the team played out a 1-1 draw with Beeston in the Super Cup with Ademir's last gasp equaliser.
Charscot made the short trip to Rivendell for an enormous potential banana skin with Charscot sporting a 100% winning record whilst Rivendell had yet to score a goal.

As expected from a tricky game like this Rivendell took the lead ten minutes before the break and the manager had harsh words for his team at half time.

The second half saw the team more focused and Lars Stock scored with a brilliant header on 56 minutes to level the match.

With just over ten minutes left Marc Crosas hit a sublime chip to provide an unlikely scorer as the team won 2-1 to maintain their winning run this season.

The win moved the team into second, behind only on goal difference at this early stage.

Manager Rich Grove was relived afterwards. "It was always likely we would end our winning run in a match everyone expected us to win based on form so to bounce back in the second half for the second week running was very pleasing. We now return home to face the current Champions Rhyl, fresh off of their own 4-0 win over previous 100% side A.F.C Binfield, they will be sure to provide a stern test of our record".

In the Super Cup the team bounced back from last week as they went to Helston Allstars and won 2-0 courtesy of a Jose Maria brace.

Behind the scenes the scout proved his worth as a quality youth was found that will be bound to help the club long term, be it in a deal or financially and he will join a youth team that has fresh quality in it after David Wilson arrived from the auction market today after costing a little over 8million to purchase.
Charscot hosted The Northerners trying to maintain their winning start to the season against a Northerners side determined to go for it.

The visitors attack minded tactics produced dividends early on as they raced into a two goal lead in the first half hour.

However, the Charscot side is not as frail as it used to be and the atmosphere was of a side that felt they could come back.

Ademir scored a brilliant curling goal just before half time and early in the second half Jose Maria hit a drive from 30 yards to square the game.

Rob Rensbrink created some club history as he came off of the bench and scored within 3 minutes with a majestic chip from distance. This was his tenth goal as a sub in only his 39th game, equalling the club record of 10 goals by a sub held by Kierrison.

This was also the first time in the club's history that the subs had scored in 3 consecutive matches.

Ozil equalised on 68 minutes but Charscot weren't to be denied as Sandor Kocsis bundled in from close range with four minutes remaining.

The win saw the team drop to third place but with the top 3 all having won all four matches so far the points are all that matters.

Manager Rich Grove was happy afterwards. "An excellent start to the season, and though we had to make a come back in this match I always felt we had a good chance with our opponents tactics. We now need to go to struggling Rivendell and not slip up in a game we should be winning based on current form".

In the Super Cup the manager played some of the fringe players and was made to pay for this as Ayrhead took a 1-0 victory.
Charscot made the short trip to Beeston Athletic for the team's second derby of the season already.

With the hosts still to claim a point this season the Wolverines made the trip with renewed optimism after losing the last 3 meetings at Grove Farm.

That optimism was well placed as Charscot won 2-1 to stay second.

Sanusi Sani's misplaced back pass put his side one down before a de Jong equaliser just before the hour mark gave Atletic hope.

Joshua Npowa scored his first goal off of the bench with a superb drive on 67 minutes to finish the scoring.

Manager Rich Grove was relieved after the match. "We created a lot but our finishing was a bit off today so the win was very rewarding to continue our great early season form. We now return home to face The Northerners who will provide a stern challenge".

The team returned to Beeston for their first Super Cup game of the season and recorded another 2-1 victory, this time courtesy of an Ademir brace.
Charscot's first home game of the season against local rivals Wascisco Red Sox has not been a fixture to fear with the Wolverines having never lost any of the ten previous meetings at The Blue Silver Stadium.

This record was never under any threat as Charscot routed the Sox, leading from the first minute to the last whilst recording a 4-0 win.

Gorka Larrea scored after 40 seconds with a superb chip before Jose Maria's close range shot doubled the lead on 22 minutes.

Any sliver of a doubt about the win was quickly removed as Ademirhit a superb free kick on 54 minutes to make it 3-0 before substitute Rob Rensenbrink hit a chip of his own wit 8 minutes remaining.

The win pushed the club to second place, only trailing by goals scored to The Academy at this early stage.

Manager Rich Grove was delighted after the match. "That was a must win game after last week's excellent result as anything less than a win would have undermined our start completely. We now travel to bottom side Beeston Athletic looking for revenge for recent losses to them, and we should be expecting to win based on our first two performances".

A busy week saw youth Jacob Larsen arrive via the auction market, and it is hoped he can help the youth team this season before returning to the market to recoup some of the 12.5mill fee he cost today.

One player destined to last far longer hopefully is Christian Pulisic. The only first team trainee signed a one year extension this week.
Charscot's opening day fixture was a very hard one as the team travelled to last season's runner's up in the league, St Joseph's BC, who won the title the year before.

The manager was determined to not get off to yet another losing start and made changes with Matt Richie making his debut up front whilst other new arrivals Atsu and Surman have to wait for their chance.

The Wolverines put in a very good performance, creating more than the hosts and taking a 1-0 win courtesy of a 36th minute tap in from close range by Jose Maria.

The win puts the team in fourth on the opening day, tying the club's highest position in the entirety of last season.

Manager Rich Grove was delighted afterwards. "Just the start we were looking for. We can now hopefully build on this win as we start our home games off with the local derby against Wascisco Red Sox, who have never won at our place".

The draw for the S.L.F.A Cup was made with the team travelling to Division One side Broomhall Lions.

A couple more players were rewarded for their performances as Rensenbrink signed a two year contract extension and Kocsis signed a one year extension.

The team also find themselves as highest bidder with 2 days to go for a 16yo who could help the youth team considerably this season before potentially returning to the auction market at the end of the season.
Charscot's last match was a largely meaningless one at Prestatyn Town and the lack of interest was quickly evident as the Wolverines were off to a slow start in each half and found themselves 2 down early in the second half.

Lars Stock got a consolation goal late on but it meant little as the Wolverines lost and finished 8th, a position that seemed impossible a couple of months ago.

Manager Rich Grove seemed impatient to get on with a new season post match. "The quicker we forget this season the better. Nothing much to enjoy save a 6-0 win away from home a few weeks ago, best to look forward and put all our efforts towards getting off to a better start than usual at St Joseph's BC next week".

With contracts due for renewal the manager acted early today re-signing Richie, Atsu and Surman, the new arrivals from A.F.C Binfield as well as Larrea.

With the season at an end the awards were dolled out to a team that had barely threatened the club records this season for long periods. As it was the team equalled one record with just one home draw call season whilst gaining one team record with the team's highest ever win, 6-0 at The Academy Reserves last month.

Five players made it as ever presents this season with Delossantos, Maria, Rensenbrink, Sanchez and Stock all being involved in every match this season. Jose Maria also finished as top scorer with 10 goals for the third season running and fourth out of the last five, whilst also breaking the all time individual goalscorer record at the club.

Despite all of this the fans voted goalkeeper Jess Hall Player of the Year, with Jess becoming the first player to win the award whilst not playing at least 20 games. In fact Jess played just 9 games after returning to the club and the fans felt his return was the reason the team survived as they went from conceding goals easily to not conceding more than one in any game he started, including recording 4 clean sheets.

Young Player of the Year unsurprisingly went to Christian Pulisic, the only player to progress to the first team squad for the coming season.

Finally, two players were added to the Hall of Fame as midfielders Mahmoud El-Khatib and Ricario Sanchez both made a good impression in their first full seasons at the club.
Charscot's last home match of the season was against Shaolin F.C., a team the Wolverines have found to be easy fodder over the years and today was to prove no different as the hosts won 3-0 and could easily have won by more.

Emiliano Delossantos tapped home on 14 minutes and when Dumbili sliced a clearance into his own net just before the half hour mark the game was over as a contest.

Six minutes into the second half Ademir scored a simple tap in to finish the scoring.

The win moved the team into 8th place with a trip to fifth placed Prestatyn Town left to be played.

Manager Rich Grove was delighted after the match. "It;s been a good week for the club with some deals to hopefully make us stronger going forward and the team playing the sort of football that has been missing for far too much of the season".

"Hopefully we can learn from the recent games and make a better start next season than we have of late and give ourselves a real chance of success".

After weeks of speculation the manager pulled the trigger on a massive deal that sees the club's plans change completely.

The plan to bring through a number of youth players over the next few seasons with slow patient training is gone as Matthias Sindelar, Anton Schall, Josef Bican and Ted Williams all left the club. Only Williams was expected to leave in a season's time and a number of fans are expected to be sad to see so much potential talent leave in one deal.

However, in return the club has obtained three players at the peak of their abilities, who can walk into the team next season and not look out of place. Defender Christian Atsu is a solid performer whilst midfielder Andrew Surman has proven capable of chipping in with goals from midfield.

The third player that sealed the deal is striker Matt Richie, whose scoring exploits had been noted by the manager in the past. Whilst not his best season this year with 6 goals last season he was the club's top scorer with 12 goals and always has the potential for a goal.

How long the larger squad will last is hard to tell with the club having no less than 21 outfield players next season, only one of which will be in need of training (Christian Pulisic).

3 players signed contract extensions with Delossantos and Combi signing one year deals and El-Khatib signing a two year deal.
Charscot made the trip to The Academy knowing their season was realistically over and that the hosts would be very much up for a match that could keep them up.

The match proved a frustrating one as Charscot controlled long periods but couldn't get the breakthrough and lost to a 28th minute Trevor Snell tap in.

The team remained ninth after the loss but The Academy Reserves thumping at Praze United was enough to retain top flight status for an under-performing Charscot team.

Manager Rich Grove was disappointed afterwards. "Really feel we need to be making more of the opportunities we create in games but at this point all eyes are on next season as this one is over for us".

Changes are expected next week with half an eye on the likely week 1 line up
Charscot hosted bottom side Praze United looking to make the most of their third game against struggling sides having won the first two.

The visitors, who needed a win to have any realistic hope of survival surprisingly went defensive, possibly in reaction to Charscot's win last week, and the home side were confident of a victory once they saw the line up.

Much like the game two weeks ago against a defensive Carnbroe Rovers side the team won 1-0, and once again Captain Jose Maria scored the winner in the 66th minute, this time with a spectacular free kick from 20 yards.

The win keeps the team in ninth position but with a 9 point gap to 14th and a vastly better goal difference the team is realistically safe for another season.

Manager Rich Grove wasn't prepared to celebrate post match. "Until we are mathematically safe we should not get over confident, even when the situation looks as good as it does right now. Frankly, celebrating avoiding relegation is not something I want to see at this club, a club where with our squad and history we should be at the very least a top 3 side so finishing so far down the table is nothing to get excited by".

"I am looking towards next season and seeing what works, who fits what system and hopefully coming up with ways for us to be far more successful on the pitch. Time will tell if any of this work will be rewarded with results".

With more players leaving from the youth team in recent weeks the focus was on goalkeepers this week, with Jess Hall and Rip Van Rioja signing contract extensions this week, Hall has been excellent since his return to the club and he is expected to be first choice next season.

The draw for next season's WPL Super Cup was made yesterday, with Charscot drawn in Group I where they face Praze United, Beeston Athletic and Ayrhead.
Charscot travelled to fellow strugglers The Academy Reserves knowing a big performance was needed in this second of four consecutive matches against fellow relegation candidates.

The fans that made the trip were rewarded with the club's record win, surpassing the 6-1 win years ago as the Wolverines routed their hosts in a game where they could have scored even more with the woodwork being hit a further three times.

Emiliano Delossantos scored from 25 yards with a brilliant free kick on 13 minutes and Jose Maria quickly doubled the lead four minutes later with a spectacular shot from 30 yards.

Seven minutes later Ricario Sanchez showed all his skill with a mazy run that ended with a simple shot for 3-0.

A minute into the second half Jose Maria got his second with a sweet lob before Sanchez got his second with a fine drive five minutes later.

Substitute Rob Rensenbrink scored his 8th goal as a sub, one short of the club record of 9, with two minutes left with another quality lob of a demoralised keeper.

The win moved the club to 9th place and six points ahead of the bottom three. The boost to the goal difference makes the gap realistically seven points with four games remaining.

Manager Rich Grove could not contain his delight after the match. "That is exactly the sort of performance I have been expecting of this team all season and finally we deliver in such an important match. Barring anything disastrous in the remaining four matches we should be able to steer ourselves to safety from here. However, we cannot afford to be complacent as we host 16th placed Praze United next week. A win and we are safe, a loss puts us right back in the relegation skirmish".
Today's match could go down as the one that goes a long way to deciding the fate of Charscot and visiting Carnbroe Rovers with both sides in some trouble going into the match.

A win for the visitors would take them out of the bottom three, whilst Charscot had to win with the bulk of the remaining games away from home.

Rovers' situation has been exacerbated by an overly cautious approach as the team has played five at the back for much of the season, a move that has seen a lot of draws for a side desperately in need of wins if it wants to stay up at this stage, with draws unlikely to save them.

The match was unsurprisingly a cautious one with so much at stake and the hosts were rewarded for their less cautious approach as they won 1-0.

The only goal came from frequent saviour of the side over the years, captain Jose Maria, who dribbled before slotting home on 66 minutes. 

The win moves Charscot up to 10th place and five points ahead of the relegation places as the team makes it's trip to 13th placed The Academy Reserves next week knowing that avoiding defeat is crucial.

Manager Rich Grove was happy post match. "That was just what we needed. I can't deny we were happy to see them start with five at the back as we felt they would hold little threat to us at that point and it really became about whether we could find the goal we needed for the win".

"We have 3 more big matches against teams below us in the next 3 weeks and if we can get through this period unscathed we can look ahead to hopefully a better seaosn in the top flight next year".

One piece of business was the contract extension to Marc Crosas. Marc hasn't had much opportunity this season but is hoping to get the nod on week 1 and show what he can do. With a number of younger players coming through over the next couple of seasons Marc knows he has to produce or find himself returning to the auction market in a season's time.
Charscot made the trip to A.F.C Binfield knowing any sort of result against the team in third place may turn out to be a very good one come the end of the season.

The manager sent the team out to try to make the most of the host's propensity for drawing games and the plan worked as the team came away with a 1-1 draw.

Marc Crosas scored in his second full game for the club with a close range goal on ten minutes.

The team held out until just after the hour mark when ex-Charcsot player Elvir Bolic scored the equaliser. With five ex-Charscot players in the starting XI and another on the bench the odds were good that any goal conceded would come from one of them.

The draw drops the team a place to 11th and with a 2 point gap to 14th. The month of June will determine the club's opponents for next season as the team faces four matches against the bottom four.

Manager Rich Grove was cautious after the match. "This is a very good result but we have struggled for wins and we simply have to go into next month and win 3 matches to remain a top flight side".
Charscot traveled to leaders Real Madrid with little hope of repeating their recent success having won this fixture 3 times in the last 4 seasons. What hope there had been was quickly extinguished as Real led by two goals after 26 minutes and showed no sign of letting that lead slip in a tepid second half.

Charscot remain tenth but only two points above the bottom three. With a trip to third placed A.F.C Binfield bound to end in defeat next week it is clear things will get worse before they get better, assuming that getting better is even an option.

Manager Rich Grove had little to say afterwards. "It has become clear that the issues at the club are at management level and I feel at this point there is little I can do that will have a positive effect so my position is clearly proving untenable and will have to be reviewed over the next few weeks".

Fans were not shocked at this news and in fact many were seen to be partying at the thought of getting in someone who has a clue what they are doing and it is looking like the end is near for the manager at the club.
Charscot welcomed Balham Town hoping to repeat last season's rare home win over Town as the team desperately attempts to avoid relegation.

A cagey match saw Charscot create the bulk of the chances but that looked like making little difference as the team trailed at half time.

Hope was renewed on 58 minutes when Joshua Npowa scored a magnificent goal from 25 yards to level the scores.

Ten minutes later Ademir scored from close range to give Charscot a rare victory and restore a little hope to the fans and possibly the manager.

The win sees the team move up to tenth but just three points ahead of the bottom three with trips to first and third in the next two games.

Manager Rich Grove was delighted afterwards. "I changed things around and a change in tactics for a change seems to have worked. Despite that we need to try and find other ways to win in the next few weeks if we want to survive and I will be making changes for the trip next week".

One change forced on the manager will be a change in keeper with Jess Hall now out for 3 weeks. Hall has been consistent since his return to the club, conceding one goal in each game he has played (4 games).
Charscot travelled to leaders Rhyl F.C knowing a defeat was realistically a foregone conclusion. The team battled but were profligate in front of goal and made to pay as they lost 1-0 to continue their horrible winless run.

The team remain one point above the bottom three in 12th place and struggling deeply.

Manager Rich Grove cut a forlorn figure after the match. "Hard to feel any hope or enthusiasm going forward as it is clear the players are failing as am I, and relegation seems certain and is a damning conviction on the players and myself. With second, third and fifth still to play this month it is safe to say we won't be getting any points anytime soon and will be bottom 3 before the month is over".

One player glad to be away from the club is Baily Cargill, who completed his 35million transfer to Warrington Vikings of the MOA via the auction market today. He may well not be the last to leave via this method this season although the manager refuses to make any firm statement on his plans at this stage.
Charscot hosted rock bottom Rivendell knowing anything less than a derby win would leave the team in serious trouble.

The match was decided by a bizarre penalty award after ten minutes when Gorka Larrea was judged to have handled the ball despite it being clear from tv replays that he headed the ball without a hand even near the ball.

Charscot huffed and puffed after this but showed little quality and became the only team Rivendell have done the double over this season 9not surprising considering the visitors have only beaten one other team).

Charscot dropped to twelfth place and are just one point above the relegation spots.

Manager Rich Grove was in little mood to chat after the match. "That was utter garbage and I can only apologise to the fans. We clearly have a club full of disinterested players who haven't put in a decent day's work all season. If I could get rid of them all I would at this point as they have shown no interest in making the effort required to even stay in the division".

"We should be what we used to be, a consistent top 3 side, instead we are an embarrassment, a side that is a joke".

One player who was deemed surplus to requirements was Baily Cargill, who will sell on Thursday and whose current bid is almost 10,000,000 under value. Barring much larger bids in the remainder of the week it seems fairly clear the manager won't ever list any player of this quality at such a young age again and it seems likely the squad will just increase in size.
Charscot travelled to fellow strugglers The Northerners for an enormous match for both sides.

A win for either side would have left the other in big trouble and the team had to fight for every inch on the pitch.

Those efforts looked to be in vain with the team trailing to a 21st minute goal going into the final minutes but Jose Maria scored his 88th club goal with six minutes to go with a sublime lob from 25 yards.

The point sees the team four points above a relegation spot as they return home to host bottom side Rivendell in a must win match with four very hard matches after that which could see the team plunge down the table.

Manager Rich Grove seemed relieved afterwards. "It looked like we might not get anything for a battling performance so we cannot be too unhappy with the point in the circumstances. With a horrible month's fixtures in May it is crucial we take three points next week or it is very likely we will be a bottom 3 side in a few weeks".

A quiet week behind the scenes as the manager looks to see what Cargill raises on the auction market before deciding what to do next. Cargill sells in ten days and is still a long way off of the estimated valuations.
Charscot hosted relegation threatened Beeston Athletic in a crucial local derby. The Wolverines had never lost this fixture, with 8 wins and 2 draws and the team couldn't afford to allow the clubs below them to close up.

However, in a truly woeful performance the team created many chances but failed miserably in front of goal as they lost 2-1 and were thrown fully into the relegation battle.

Things started brightly on 9 minutes as Joshua Npowa scored from close range.

Athletic responded immediately from the kick off as Martin Cesar scored within 30 seconds o the re-start.

The visitors secured the winner with 12 minutes left to leave the Charscot manager both angry and frustrated.

The loss dropped the team to 9th position and just 4 points above a relegation spot.

Manager Rich Grove was not interested in "luck" post match. "I am fed up of hearing people say wee are unlucky, losing matches we dominate etc. The reality is we need to make our own luck, play better and take our chances and the excuse of 'luck' can be completely dismissed".

"I have little interest in anything except getting the wins we need to survive and frankly I am calling on my players to show they have what it takes as right now I am not convinced this isn't a team of losers looking to play in Division One next season".

"We now face another big match at The Northerners, who are one place below us, next week and we cannot afdford another loss and really need to be winning this game".
Charscot needed to continue their record of success at local rivals Wascisco Red Sox or else face the real likelihood of a relegation battle.

In the event the team came away with a point that leaves the club's future as shrouded in darkness as ever.

Shortly before half time The Wolverines went a goal behind and despite a Lars Stock volley just before the hour mark (the third consecutive time he has scored at Wascisco) the team couldn't find another goal in a match of few chances.

The draw dropped the team to 8th place and just 5 points above the bottom 3.

Manager Rich Grove was critical afterwards. "Just not good enough. We should always beat the Sox so this is clearly two points dropped and puts more pressure on us for next week's match against 15th placed Beeston Athletic, a side we have never lost to at home".

Behind the scenes some moves took place.

After a week of offers, with a couple of managers coming particularly close, the club confirmed the departure of Mario Coluna to Wascisco Red Sox with Anton Schall arriving at the club. Coluna will spend the rest of the season at Charscot to gain out of the youth team's winning habit before joining his new employers.

Returning to the club in a separate deal is keeper Jess Hall. Jess' experience could prove invaluable as the manager looks for the wisdom needed at the back of a struggling defence. Whether he stays long term will likely be determined over the next 3 months.
Charscot have been poor against St Joseph's BC in recent seasons so there was little confidence going into today's match at The Blue Silver Stadium

The team performed well but a failure to take their chances hurt the team as they lost 2-1.

Jose Maria's brilliant header just before half time to equalise was to prove a scant consolation as BC scored a winner with 8 minutes remaining.

The team remain in 7th position after the loss but are now two wins adrift of sixth place and the relegation spots are closer, at just five points below.

Manager Rich Grove looked dejected afterwards. "Obviously we had hoped the new tactics would at least reduce our level of poor finishing/lack of luck but today showed that not to be the case. I can't have too many complaints at the players, who played well but were just lacking in the final third".

Last week's bid proved successful and the club today welcomed Matthias Sindelar as the sixth most expensive signing at the club, costing 23,552,000. Matthias has a lot of work ahead of him but the manager will give him all the time he needs to prove himself. He certainly enjoyed his debut,scoring four goals in a 13-0 win.

Anotehr find via the scouts is expected to sign in the next week. The latest arrival will create a training headache for the manager, but it is the sort of problem a team is happy to have when the players are all youths.

With so much talent coming through over the next 2 seasons from the youth team the manager confirmed Baily Cargill will be leaving via the auction market next week.

Two players not leaving are Jose Angulo, who signed a one year contract extension and Thorbjorn Svenssen, fresh off of finishing his training, signing a 2 year extension.
Charscot returned home after last week's excellent performance hoping the tactical changes would prove effective against a slumping Prestatyn Town.

Town had lost 3 straight and looked a pale shell of the side they had looked in the early weeks of the season. This was reflected in a scoreline of 3-0 that could easily have been far more.

Jose Maria tied Rick Higgott's club record of 85 goals with a precise lob from distance just past the half hour mark.

Ten minutes into the second half Mahmoud El-Khatib scored for the second consecutive match to all but guarantee the win with a brilliant curled shot from 30 yards.

Four minutes later Jose Maria made sure he was alone as the club's top scorer with a superb free kick from 25 yards.

The win moved the team up to seventh position and to within 3 points of sixth placed Prestatyn.

Manager Rich Grove was ecstatic afterwards. "That was a very classy performance and the new tactics have certainly brought better results, albeit after only two matches. That we have beaten two sides that resided i the top 5 at kick off of each match augurs well as we face another top five side in St Joseph's next week. If we can extend our winning run to three games we may still salvage something out of the season".

With the return of Jairzinho from injury things are beginning to look up and with Thorbjorn Svenssen's training ending this week as well the timing is looking good with the club looking to bring in another youth via the auction market.

With a day to go the team has the highest bid and if successful will probably end any further attempts to bring in trainees for the time being with all the training spots taken.

With a squad overloaded with players the manager confirmed after the match that Baily Cargill will be leaving the club via the auction market next week.
Charscot have found Shaolin F.C to be a very accommodating side over the years with wins all but guaranteed and losses very rare.

Going into today's match the hosts must have been confident of reversing that trend with their own season going well in fifth place whilst Charscot occupied a relegation spot.

History was to prove the victor over current form as a last minute tactical change seemed to provide just the kick start the Wolverines needed.

Initially things looked bleak as Shaolin took the lead but within 60 seconds Ademir was tripped in the area before dusting himself down and coolly slotting home from the spot on 23 minutes.

Ricario Sanchez scored from close range on 39 minutes to send the visitors into the dressing room happy for a change.

Four minutes into the second half Ademir extended the lead with a tap in from 6 feet.

Mahmoud El-Khatib hit a superb lob from 20 yards to make it 4-1 in the 79th minute before Shaolin got a consolation goal in the 89th minute.

The win moved Charscot up five places to ninth with their opponents dropping a spot to sixth place.

Manager Rich Grove was delighted afterwards. "That is easily our best performance of the season, and has come at a crucial time as we could easily have slumped after entering the bottom 3 last week but instead we showed our battling qualities to beat a very good side on their own patch".

"This win is big but will mean little if we don't build on it and beat off form Prestatyn Town next week. We have to build on this and show we are a better side than the season has shown us to be so far".

Sadly the team couldn't take their new found confidence into the Super Cup as despite a Jose Maria double the team lost 3-2 at home to Davorin to exit the cup 6-4 on aggregate.
Charscot have a good record against The Academy, but that proved to mean nothing as Charscot contrived to lose to a team that had just one win all season and couldn't even field a full bench for the match.

The Wolverines had plenty of time to salvage something after going behind on 20 minutes but despite a lot of effort there was no quality on show and the team were dealt a demoralising loss.

The loss dropped the team into 14th, their lowest position of the season, and the team looks lost and in grave danger of relegating.

To complete a miserable week on the pitch the team lost to Davorin 3-2 in the first leg of the quarter-finals despite goals from Zizinho and Rensenbrink.

Manager Rich Grove cut an angry figure post match. "That isn't good enough, we cannot be losing to teams who have struggled all season, no matter how good they usually are. At this point it is hard to see where to go to from here and I am beginning to think there is simply no hope for this club as the players simply don't seem to care".

"More changes will happen but will things change ? I doubt it at this point".

One change will be brought by an injury to Jairzinho, although how much of a loss this is this season is debatable as the player has looked out of touch.

One deal this week saw a new addition to the youth team as Frantisek Planicka arrived from Suuthpool to bolster a youth team that has yet to drop a point this season.
Charscot traveled to Praze United knowing a loss would see the team drop towards the relegation spots and a first ever defeat to Praze United would be a big blow to the club's survival hopes.

The team put in a solid performance but couldn't find the goal they needed but the defence held firm for a second consecutive match and a 0-0 draw was achieved.

The result dropped the side a place to tenth and with an enormous match against The Academy next week.

Manager Rich Grove was brief post match. "That was a solid performance, but we need to find more goals or else we will struggle all season. A few changes have been made and more lie ahead as we look to find a winning formula".

Jose Angulo has been sent out on loan to Fenway after news filtered through that the manager had arranged a deal to bring in a new youth keeper from Southpool, who would be taking Angulo's training spot for the rest of this season.
Charscot returned home to face The Academy Reserves knowing they had to get back to winning ways or if they lost end the day in the bottom three.

Confidence wasn't high and the manager made changes to the line up, moving players around and re-defining some of their roles in the hope it would kickstart a poor season to date.

The changes seemed to work as the team played with renewed confidence and put on a good show as they won -0 to move up to ninth place.

Rob Rensenbrink hit a superb chip ten minutes before half time and Sandor Kocsis tap in ended any resistance just after half time.

The team is in the middle of facing other clubs in and around them and the team now go to struggling Praze United knowing another win could go a long way and anything less could see the team in real trouble as they sit precariously just 3 points above the relegation spots.

Manager Rich Grove was relived afterwards. "After so many poor performances in the last month we finally put everything together in a game. Now whether the team will continue to respond to the new tactics only time will tell but hopefully we can move up the table now and get into a position of safety over the next month".

The team completed their second round tie against Cruzio Cortez as a Jose Maria penalty saw the team win 1-0 at Cruzio and safely progress to the last eight 3-0 on aggregate.

Following weeks of rumours of potential deals the club moved forward and the manager pulled the trigger on a deal that sees Callum Wilson move to Vanbrugh Royals, with Jose Angulo arriving at the club. Angulo will spend the next season or so being trained before he will be ready to push for a first team spot.
Charscot travelled to Carnbroe Rovers looking to maintain a record of never losing at Rovers. With both sides in relegation trouble avoiding defeat wasn't as easy as history may have indicated.

Rovers could smell blood and took full advantage of the pathetic attitude of the Charscot players to record a 2-1 win that moved them up to 9th whilst dropping Charscot to 13th.

It started well with Jose Maria's precise chip on 20 minutes giving the Wolverines the lead but by half time the team were trailing and another defeat was assured.

After the match Manager Rich Grove didn't curb his comments. "That is another fixture we don't usually lose that we have this season and at this point it is clear the players ismply aren't up to the standard required. I have asked for more of them and they show no interest. I am now actively looking for replacements as I am sick of seeing the team losing every week."

"We play the two sides directly below us in the next two games and as things stand a bottom 3 spot seems certain".

The team did continue it's run in the Super Cup, winning the first leg against Cruzio Cortez 2-0 courtesy of goals from Npowa and Stock.
Charscot went into their first round cup tie knowing the chances of an early exit were high, with hosts V.A.G Wolfsburg F.C flying high in Division One whilst the Wolverines have been poor most of the season.

Any hopes of a cup run to deflect from the poor league form disappeared in 90 poor minutes as late goals at the end of each half saw the hosts deservedly progress 2-0.

Manager Rich Grove was fuming afterwards. "All credit to VAG who thoroughly deserved the win but we simply have to compete far better than that. This season has been atrocious so far and as things stand all we have to look forward to is a fight to stay in the top flight".

"At this point I seriously doubt most of the players have the fight in them that is needed, as we look second bets in all departments. One thing is clear, changes will happen if this carries on much longer".

The team now travels to fellow strugglers Carnbroe Rovers, a true 6 pointer, next week whilst also playing their second round 1st leg Super Cup match against Cruzio Cortez at The Blue Silver Stadium.
Charscot hosted A.F.C Binfield on the back of 5 consecutive wins against the visitors but knowing that extending that winning run was unlikely with league form so poor lately.

The match itself was to end in Charscot's first draw of the season, a draw that moved the team up to tenth position.

Charscot went behind shortly before half time and it took a brilliant Rob Rensenbrink header with fifteen minutes to go to salvage a point.

With a hard cup tie at Division One promotion chasers V.A.G Wolfsburg F.C next week manager Rich Grove was not at his most positive post-match.

"That was a good point in the circumstances against a top quality side, but the nagging feeling is that the team still have no real personality or purpose and the season still feels lost, with a cup defeat likely and relegation a possibility too".
Charscot are an embarrassment to their fans and management alike and at present the team looks destined to fail.

Latest opponent was high flying Real Madrid, who Charscot have done well against in the past.

Today the team actually put in a decent performance, but couldn't find the net and one mistake at the back was enough to send them team to a fifth defeat of the season.

The loss leaves the team in 12th place and likely to be a bottom 3 side next week.

Manager Rich Grove had little new to say. "I have become a scratched record, with the same points being made each week and each week the team shows zero interest in actually doing anything to improve the situation."

"I have lost all faith in the squad and unless they turn things around very quickly my own long term future has to be in doubt".

Whilst the league form has been rubbish the team has played well in the WPL Super Cup, and a 1-0 win this week against Seabourne City, courtesy of a Zizinho penalty, was enough to send the team through to the knock out stages.
Charscot travelled to Balham Town for a match that has proven hard work over the years and today was no exception as the visitors were made to pay for their mistakes.

Whilst the match itself was an even affair the hosts took advantage of every mistake by the Wolverines a they crushed Charscot 5-2, the first time Charscot have lost by this scoreline.

Jose Maria and Joshua Npowa, the latter having just signed a 2 year contract extension before the match, both scored but with the hosts already four up before Maria's goal it meant little.

This latest loss, a fourth in seven matches, sees the team drop to ninth place.

Manager Rich Grove was despondent afterwards. "Just inexcusable. Losing is something we have done frequently here over the years but the manner of the defeat cannot be allowed. We simply cannot be so fragile at the back if we ever hope to get back to being a challenger, something that looks miles away as of now".

"I clearly need to have a look at the squad and just how many of the players have what it takes to be as good as their abilities indicate they should be".

Compounding the bad result was a first defeat in the Super Cup, a 0-3 home reverse to Prestatyn Town, which leaves the team needing a win next week to have a realistic chance of progression.

Some movement on the loan front as Ademir has been recalled whilst Marc Crosas has been allowed to go out on loan to Fenway Valiants.
Charscot hosted unbeaten league leaders Rhyl F.C looking to win against the visitors for the sixth consecutive time.

However, the run was to come to an end after a disappointing 2-1 defeat.

The game started brightly with Rob Rensenbrink toe poking home from close range, but within 20 minutes of that goal the visitors were ahead and the game was lost.

The defeat sends Charscot down to seventh place and already seven points adrift of Rhyl.

Manager Rich Grove had little to say afterwards. "Poor, simply poor. We need to be putting in more performances like last weeks and far less like today's. However, this performance seems to be far too frequent an occurrence and I am struggling to understand why the players are playing so badly so often."

"I will be recalling Ademir from his loan next week and at this rate with our strikers looking lost bar Rob I can see him walking into the starting line up".

In the Super Cup the team beat Spondon Renegaeds 3-1 as Maria, Stock and Delossantos scored to put the team within touching distance of progression in the cup.
Charscot travelled to local rivals Rivendell still remembering the 4-0 thumping Beeston gave them a fortnight ago. The team's record at Rivendell is more impressive but with zero away points the Wolverines didn't go into the match with much confidence.

The lack of confidence didn't extend to the players though as the team dominated the hosts for the entire match. Charscot won 2-1 but on another day a 5-1 win wouldn't be an unfair result for Charscot.

El-Khatib  headed in brilliantly after just 8 minutes and when Rensenbrink doubled the lead on the half hour the match was over as a contest.

A number of excellent chances were wasted by Charscot before the hosts scored a breakaway goal with three minutes left.

The win moved Charscot into fourth place as they prepare to host the unbeaten leaders Rhyl F.C next week, whilst Rivendell dropped a spot to take bottom spot at this early stage.

Manager Rich Grove was very happy afterwards. "The result was much needed, and the performance was particularly pleasing as we were frankly magnificent. If we can play like that most weeks we will have a good season.

"We need to replicate that performance, and preferably scoreline too, next week as we face high flying Rhyl. We have beaten them in our last 5 meetings so history is at least on our side".

The team won again in the Super Cup, as a Jose Maria penalty was enough to beat hosts Seabourne City.
Charscot went into week 4 desperate to get a second win of the season as the season looked like it was going to replicate recent poor starts.

The Northerners had drawn all 3 of their games and after they equalized Joshua Npowa's tap in with 13 minutes to go another draw looked a certainty.

However Lars Stock had different ideas as he hit a magnificent 20 yarder as time expired to give Charscot a potentially enormous win that moves the team up to seventh place.

Manager Rich Grove was relieved afterwards. "The likelihood that we wouldn't win again before the cup was weighing heavily on me I must admit so that last minute goal was an enormous boost. If we can get our first away points of the season next week hopefully we can start to make an impression at the top for a change".

The team made it a good week with a Maria hat-trick securing a 3-0 win at Prestatyn Town in the Super Cup.

Behind the scenes the manager made his first move to change the make up of the squad as James Barnes was placed on the auction market. Barnes is looking for a fresh start as it became clear he had dropped down the pecking order at the club and the manager is keen on reducing the size of the squad down with a number of trainees close to being the finished article.