A final day trip to Space Cadets for the Wolverines, who were looking for their first win at The Observatory since 2004. With nothing to play for for either side the pressure was off and the visitors thrived as they cruised to a 2-0 win.

The scoreline could easily have been far more with Charscot having 21 shots but they had to settle for a goal in each half through Kierrison's fine header and a last gasp driven volley from Tommy Forlan.

The win moved the team up to fifth and just two points away from the top three in what has ultimately been a disappointing season.

Manager Rich Grove had little comment afterwards. "Whilst good to see us finally win here again after a long run of defeats it doesn't mask the disappointing season we have had and it is back to the drawing board as we prepare for the new season".

A few personnel changes as the manager looks to refresh the side.

Leaving to go to Vaga Valiants of the MOA is Carroll Shelby. Moving in the opposite direction is goalkeeper Waso Tassenaar whose signing comes as a surprise considering the club have two mid 20's goalkeepers. The 19 year old is expected to push one of the keepers out of the club by the end of 2012.

Also leaving the club is utility man Etienne Rocheteau, who was placed on the market today. He is expected to make around 6million.

A disappointing end to the youth team's seasons as aside from the second defeat of the season news filtered through that Matej Sindelar had sprained his achilles. He is the second star to be hit by this injury this season and with both him and Antonio Candreva losing 19 weeks their progress has been seriously damaged and the manager may reconsider his options.

With the end of the season comes the usual awards as well as a look back at the records for the season. For the first time in a decade the team managed no records, good or bad, in terms of results, goals etc in what goes down as a distinctly average season.

However, there was one record broken as Stefan Selakovic broke Billy Dane's consecutive appearance record. Dane's record of 99 games seemed unlikely to be beaten but Stefan has established a new benchmark of 213 games as of today. This outstanding level of consistency was rewarded by the fans as they voted Stefan Player of the Year for the second time following his previous award in 2009.

Taking the Young Player of the Year award was another record breaker as striker Scott Atkinson claimed the reward having broken the youth scoring record. His 83 goals in the youth team decimated the previous record of 72 goals. Scott's reward for his exploits however are a trophy and a listing on the auction market and only time will tell if his career is to continue.

A reflection of the poor season the club has had was reflected by the decision to not enter any players in the club's Hall of Fame for the first time ever. With only one spot being taken last season out of the two available it means in theory five players could be entered next season if the team was to do well enough.

There is now a break before the new season starts on January 2nd and everyone involved with the club wants to send their fans and readers best wishes for a Happy Christmas and a prosperous New Year, that will hopefully see Charscot return to the top flight in 2012.
Hosting local rivals Beeston Athletic for the first time was met with a sombre mood in the ground as the home fans clearly knew the season was on life support and likely to be ending today irrespective of the result at The Blue Silver Stadium.

As it was the hosts controlled the match and deservedly won but as expected it was all to no avail as results elsewhere condemned the side to another season in division one.

Despite a strong performance it too 57 minutes for the hosts to take the lead, as Kierrison scored from close range.

Athletic fought back bravely though and an appalling decision from referee Albert Ward saw a penalty award for a clean tackle by Ned Dowd gave them the perfect opportunity to equalise which was taken by Emilio Sanchez.

This just stung the hosts back into action and two minutes later substitute Rick Higgott scored a goal of the season contender with an exquisite lob from 30 yards.

At the final whistle news quickly filtered through that AFC Binfield had won and any slim chance of promotion was gone with the team in 7th place and four points off the top with one game left.

Manager Rich Grove wasn't happy afterwards. "It has ultimately been a poor season for us as we should have won this league at a canter and whilst we have shown glimpses of what we can produce, with us outclassing the Champions twice for example, we simply have lacked the consistency particularly against the lesser sides and that has cost us dearly".

"I now have a week to decide whether to offload some of the first team just to make space to allow the younger players the chance to blossom as we have kept far too many under performers for too long and whilst the money is of little use, so is a player who isn't producing the goods when it is most needed."

Which players go at this stage is just speculation although Melky Cabrera and Ned Dowd seem to be leading the queue to the exit door going by comments from the manager today.
A trip to a relegated Chelsea Blues should have meant three points for a team with pretensions for promotion but as if to prove how unworthy Charscot are they failed miserably and had to fightback just to claim a point that ends their slim hopes realistically.

The match started well as the Wolverines were the recipients of an own goal boost for the first time in nearly four seasons as Rikard Stearmanz headed past his own keeper from a whipped in corner by Zauti.

The hosts showed their own fighting spirit though as they equalised within three minutes as Giancarlo Rosseti scored with a brilliant volley.

On 17 minute Rosseti claimed his second of the game with another spectacular shot from distance.

Eight minutes later Charscot seemingly had no hope as Scott Fitzgerald headed in from close range to make it 3-1.

Just past the half hour mark Tommy Forlan bundled in from close range to halve the deficit.

Despite Charscot having the edge they continued to struggle before Kincaid J. Stamper scored from the goal line with 6 minutes left to secure a share of the spoils.

The point is not enough as Charscot are now 4 points adrift and four places adrift with just two games left. Whilst both third and fourth have to play leaders Real Madrid it still seems highly unlikely Charscot can leapfrog so many teams in a fortnight.

Manager Rich Grove was damning afterwards. "Simply not good enough. I don't care how good the Blues may be, they are a relegated side and sides get relegated because they don't produce the results and any side that thinks they should be promoting should be taking 6 points from relegated sides, not the two points we have taken this season."

"To say this season has been a disappointment would be an understatement. We have only put in any sort of consistency when too far from the top 3 and when we have closed in on the promotion spots we have then failed to win for weeks on end."

The remainder of the surplus youths have been put up for sale this week and the manager is open to realistic offers above their value to save waiting for the players to leave the club.
Charscot travelled to A.F.C Binfield knowing a defeat ended any realistic promotion hopes and a draw would leave those hopes on life support.

The hosts were a point and a place behind the Wolverines and a win would keep their own hopes alive with just 3 more matches to be played.

An even match went the way of A.F.C and left the Charscot manager deeply frustrated and considering his options post match.

It all started so well after a clear handball by Keith Nash gave Stefan Selakovic the opportunity to open his scoring account for the season from the spot, an opportunity Stefan took with aplomb to put the visitors ahead.

Within ten minutes the hosts were level as Brillini exploited a stupid defensive mistake between Stamper and Shelby to coolly slot home.

As the match petered towards a draw Jono Pearson hit a brilliant close range volley with 9 minutes left to kill Charscot's promotion hopes.

"Simply not good enough " was Manager Rich Grove's damning verdict post match. "We have been poor far too often and the past two seasons have been atrocious. A team that should be challenging for the title and had become accustomed to finishing in the top four in the league has turned into a joke side that can't even mount a successful promotion challenge to get out of the first division".

"It is clear that both myself and the players have let the fans down and there comes a point when you have to wonder if the only way forward is a change in management as changing the squad has been done to death and with no discernible improvement".

"We will use the final 3 matches to evaluate tactics and personnel but at this point it is all so soul destroying".

Although technically not out of the promotion race the manager's negative comments are based in reality as the team not only has to make up 5 points on third in the space of 3 matches but would also have to leapfrog 4 sides to promote. It is simply beyond unrealistic to expect so many teams to all fall apart even if the Wolverines were to somehow win their final three matches, a run of wins which has only been managed once all season in the league.

A pure exercise in financial profit was the manager's signing of striker Derek Hayles from Venom Sharks today. He will be at the club for two weeks and will either make a small profit financially or a larger one if his shooting were to jump a level.

Meanwhile the draw for next season's WPL Super Cup was made today and Charscot will face Broomhall Lions, St Joseph's BC and Space Cadets in the group stages that will start on week 3.
With a 6 match unbeaten run that has hoisted the Wolverines to within a point of a promotion spot today's derby match against Rivendell extended that run to 7 matches.

However, despite dominating the match at The Blue Silver Stadium some truly awful finishing from the hosts cost Charscot a crucial three points as the game finished goalless.

The draw did move the team up a place to sixth, but they dropped to two points adrift of second placed Callie Athletic with just four games left in the season.

Manager Rich Grove was a frustrated manager afterwards. "A very disappointing result". "We knew it would be hard today as it always is against Rivendell, but to have controlled so much of the game and to have barely tested their keeper isn't acceptable".

"We have been on a great run recently and it is good to see us continue to dominate matches but we now have to put in one final effort if we want to grab a promotion spot. I expect us to need at least 10 points from our final four matches and whilst it will be hard with three away matches to come we don't play any sides above us and hopefully those sides will drop points between themselves".

A busy week as the manager made a number of moves in preparation for next season.

Signing new deals were Evgeni Malkin, Tevrez Fernando and Wolfgang Muller who all signed one year extensions whilst Joe Giradi signed a two year extension having impressed on loan at Ziaste Nequeno this season, who he scored a goal in every 1.4 matches for.

The youth side is also being reduced in numbers as the season nears it's end. The remaining 17 year olds were all put up for sale early Monday morning and Juan Mata has already been claimed and it is hoped a couple more of the players will receive bids.
Charscot took their 5 match unbeaten run to the leaders (and likely divisional winners) Real Madrid and turned on a performance full of style as they tore the hosts apart.

The team seems to have finally clicked into gear as they have now taken 16 points from the last 6 matches and today's 4-1 win was no less than they deserved.

Garrincha opened the scoring on 10 minutes with a sweet chip from 30 yards.

Despite continued dominance the second goal didn't come until the 62nd minute when Carroll Shelby drove home from 20 yards.

Four minutes later Kincaid J. Stamper, a player who almost never scores, toe poked home from close range.

Real scored a brilliant swirling freekick from Nathan Delfouneso (an ex-Charscot player) on 84 minutes but all this did was encourage the Wolverines to go forward and score again three minutes later as Stefan Selakovic score from the edge of the area.

The match, the first this season to be highlighted on national tv, was played in front of a paltry crowd of 15,000, a disappointment considering the two sides and the table.

The win didn't move the team up at all as they stay seventh. However, the team are now 1 point off of third with five matches left. The biggest problem may be overtaking so many sides as the team now only plays one of the teams above them this season, sixth placed AFC Binfield.

Manager Rich Grove was delighted afterwards. "That was a superb showing. Our recent record against Real Madrid has been outstanding and it is always fun to get one over their inept manager" he joked. "The way we dominated was a joy to watch and whilst not jumping a single place is slightly disappointing we just have to keep on winning and hopefully we will be rewarded with a top 3 spot".

"We now host local rivals Rivendell who we have taken 7 points off of in our last 3 meetings and if we can win next week we would hope to at least jump one or two places with luck".

More arrivals and departures as a foreign player was sold and a new 16 year old was found via the auction market. At the bargain price of a little over a million pounds and already valued at 1.6mill it is safe to say he will prove a valuable addition who will more than pay for himself.

The manager is slowly selling off thew 17 year olds as numbers in the squad continue to encroach on the 50 limit. A few have yet to be listed but all will be for max cash with the exception of Asinjo, who already has a buyer and Coimbra who clearly is staying at the club.
Playing local rivals Callie Athletic has proven to be a good derby for hosts Charscot wanderers in recent seasons with 19 points out of the last 21 available. However, the draw was in the last meeting and with Callie in third place and three points clear of Charscot the visitors had high hopes of getting something from the game and potentially ending Charscot's slim hopes.

However, the game went the way of most of their battles as Charscot tore Athletic apart, dominating from the first whistle to the last.

Whilst the performance was impressive there was only one goal as Garrincha lobbed a sublime chip from 30 yards on 609 minutes to secure a deserve win. This was the third consecutive match against Callie in which Garrincha has scored as he thrives on the local derby match up.

The win puts the Wolverines just one win away from the teams in 2nd through 6th with 6 games left and with all to play for as the team travel to Champions-elect Real Madrid next week.

Manager Rich Grove was delighted afterwards. "That was a superb performance and with more luck in front of goal we could have won by four. We have really hit fire just in time and whilst the odds are still against us we at least have given ourselves a chance with 16 points from the last 18."

"We now go to Real Madrid, who we have a good record against, hoping to at worse get a point to keep ourselves in touch at the top".

Creating history for the club was youth striker Scott Atkinson, who broke Timothy McCullagh's youth scoring record at the club when he scored his 73rd goal today as the youth team won 3-0. Atkinson is expected to be sold next month to the first team to offer max cash and it is hoped he can continue his career elsewhere.

An expected change this week as Blair Whistler was transferred to Molineux Vikings for Wolfgang Muller. Whilst Whistler is the younger player his lack of pace was harming his first team opportunities and it was felt that rather than give him a new contract when he had no realistic chance of making the lineup in the next couple of seasons it would be better to find a deal for him.

Muller is the finished article and is expected to challenge next season when forms are equal throughout the squad. His final position has yet to be decided although his scoring record from a limited amount of matches seems to indicate he could be a striker.

On a busy week of deals the manager offloaded a number of players, some of which are parts of larger deals and some just to get numbers down.

Leaving to Dep El were two 16yo's who will make their new club some money whilst freeing up space in the Wolverine's squad as numbers fast approached 50.

Leonel Galeano joined Ziaste Nequeno and is expected to be a starter for them next season.

A foreign player left to join Southwell City whilst another joined NSA side Buckley Vale.

Meanwhile keeper Diego Benaglio exited the club to join Opal side Cupernham Kings.

Benaglio's departure was eased by the arrival of keeper Sergio Asinjo. However, Asinjo is part of a partially completed deal and will be departing the club next month to join local rivals Dep El Celtico.
A trip to St John's United is never easy and so it proved as the team's 3 match winning run was ended with a hard fought draw.

However, whilst two points dropped so late in the season is never good the gap to 3rd place actually reduced to 3 points. Of the sides Charscot are chasing they still have to face 3 of the 5 so the season is not over but will require a superb run to snatch third place.

A suckerpunch goal just two minutes after half time put the Wolverines in trouble before a helping hand from the referee who inexplicably gave a penalty for a seemingly clean tackle on Johnny Rep in the penalty area.

Substitute Kierrison didn't care about the harshness of the award as he coolly slotted home to score from the bench for the second week running.

Manager Rich Grove was satisfied if not pleased. "Not the ideal result today by any means but we need to go on another winning run now as we are running out of games and points to be played for".

The manager is now in the throes of selling off the excess players with a number of youths leaving in the next week and rumours that Blair Whistler may be placed on sale.
A home game against struggling Puigpunyent looked like a huge banana skin for the Wolverines as they looked to build on their two game winning run.

In three previous meetings Charscot had taken two points off their opponents and a first win was needed to keep alive Charscot's slim promotion hopes.

As it was Charscot put in another dominating performance but on 52 minutes they went one down to a close range goal from Cameron Aroon and suddenly it looked like history was going to repeat itself.

However, two substitutions changed the outcome of the match as first Johnny Rep's introduction resulted in a sublime through ball from Rep giving Garrincha the easiest of chances to equalise within seconds of his entering the field of play.

Kierrison, having come on just 14 minutes earlier then scored the winner with a superb free kick to send the home fans away happy.

The win moved the team up to 7th and to within four points of third place.

Afterwards Manager Rich Grove was cautiously optimistic. "Today was a great result to extend our winning run to three matches and with luck we are pretty much safe from relegation now".

"If we want to make a success of this season though we simply have to keep on winning as we have a lot of work to do to make an impression on the top three places still. The odds are against us but if we can keep playing as we have been and as long as lady luck decides to favour us we still have a hope".

A busy week behind the scenes as after a lot of negotiations between a number of clubs a deal was agreed that resulted in the arrival of utility man Wolfgang Muller from AFC Binfield. As part of the deal a number of players have been officially dealt and will leave between now and the end of the season with the first, Siddig El Fadil, joining Dep El Celtico already.

With the youth team so dominant and players still out on loan the delays are to be expected as the receiving clubs want their acquisitions to be of as high a standard as possible.

Meanwhile, with Joe Giradi joining the ranks of perfect players this week the future looks rosy if the team can find a way of getting a top 3 spot this season.
Having won their last five visits to Barlby F.C Charscot went into this week's match with renewed confidence after last week's win.

Barlby were in great form with 13 points from their last 15 and had moved into third place but on the day Charscot were to prove the more creative of the teams and were rewarded with three points thanks to a late winner.

Captain Luciano Zauti got his fifth of the season on 19 minutes with a superb 30-yarder and things looked rosy.

The hosts fought hard and equalised with a fine free kick on 34 minutes.

The second half was fairly even but Charscot were creating far more clearcut opportunities but the forwards proved wasteful.

As the game entered the final minute of play substitute Johnny Rep chose the perfect time to score his first goal for the club as he curled in a magnificent 35-yarder.

Manager Rich Grove was fairly relieved afterwards. "I have to say I thought we had blown our chances of a win having missed so many opportunities so to get that late goal was a big boost for us all. With back to back wins for the second time this season we need to keep the momentum going as we host struggling Puigpunyent next week. Another win will really put us in a position to still have a long shot chance of third place".

Whilst the news from the first team was good the news from the youth sides match wasn't as youth prospect Antonio Candreva sprained his achilles and is now out for 16 weeks. This injury will have a major effect on the manager's plans for the youth team for next season and this was reflected by the announcement that the youth team (with two obvious exceptions) are now all available for deals.
A home game against a team that has won one game all season should be cannon fodder for the Charscot line up but having taken one point from the last fifteen it was a nervous set of fans that turned up to cheer the home side today.

Broomhall Lions' season is over with relegation a formality but that doesn't mean they can't play spoilers and they clearly wanted to get their first win, or even goal, against the Wolverines after 3 previous meetings where the Lions hadn't even scored.

Their hopes were dashed as early as the third minute as Etienne Rocheteau scored from close range and at that point the game was finished as the Lions produced nothing of any note and Charscot grabbed a deserved win.

The result moves Charscot up to tenth and with a trip to third placed Barlby Fc next week there is one last chance to try and rekindle their slim promotion hopes.

Manager Rich Grove was satisfied afterwards. "Not the greatest performance but given the circumstances it was what we needed as we dominated to the extent that Broomhall were never a threat and once we scored the game was over as a contest".

"I don't feel at this point we can still get a promotion spot but we are theoretically in the hunt if we can win next week so all our focus has to be on that match. The tactical changes today worked well and a few decisions about players will need to be made before next Monday".

In a side note youth striker Scott Atkinson equalled the club scoring record of 72 goals (previously held by Timothy McCullagh) with his first half piledriver today and has a month or so to beat the record before he is sold either via the AM or to another club if a buyer can be found.
Today's latest defeat extends the run without a win to five matches and not only destroys any realistic promotion hopes but also leaves the team looking nervously over their shoulders at the relegation spots.

The team's drop from grace is proving to be alarming and the manager is losing all faith in his players.

The loss to local rivals Vanbrugh Royals was undeserved but that is of little consolation as the hosts take the points with a 3-0 win.

Post match Manager Rich Grove was simply stunned. "I just don't know what to make of what is going on recently. Last season was bad enough but we dominate matches and don't get the win and then we have an even game today yet find ourselves inexplicably losing 3-0".

"I simply have no idea what to do any more. No matter what we do it changes nothing and I am beginning to wonder if I should just sell the lot of them and bring in a bunch of pensioners".

It seems likely that offers are being sought for the underachievers and it will be interesting to see what is offered.
A crucial win was thrown away as the team blew a two goal lead at home to high flying Barton Blitz today to leave everyone connected with the club wondering if the fates are against the team this year.

Charscot tore apart Blitz today who only managed a pitiful 3 shots on target in the match. However, all three hit the back of the net to give the visitors an undeserved point.

It all started so well when Etienne Rocheteau score after three minutes from close range and when Kierrison made it 2-0 after 15 minutes with a twenty yarder it seemed the hosts were about to get a much needed win.

Four minutes before half time Fitzmaurice scored from five yards out to halve the deficit but with the Wolverines controlling the play it seemed of little consequence.

Substitute Ned Dowd hit a superb volley from 25 yards on 76 minutes to seemingly confirm the win before it all went wring as Blitz scored two in five minutes.

Brescia scored in the 84th minute as he caught Robinson off his line  and then Fitzmaurice grabbed his second from close range to grab a thoroughly undeserved point.

The result leaves everything unchanged in the league, with the team still four points and 8 places off a promotion spot as the games start to run out.

Manager Rich Grove was fuming afterwards. "Unacceptable, simply unacceptable. The defending today was a joke. Barton have a limited squad yet look certain of promotion whilst my players are allegedly stars but have achieved nothing good in the game."

"We simply cannot carry on this way as it is embarrassing and if things don't improve I will simply offload those players who don't produce the goods as dead weight is the last thing we need here".
The team lurched to it's third consecutive league defeat with a poor performance at Southwell City that resulted in a 2-1 defeat.

In truth the performance simply wasn't good enough against a hard working City side and the visitors now find themselves wondering if their season has collapsed in recent weeks.

Garrincha's equaliser in the second half was of little consolation as it was sandwiched between a tap in and a superb volley that gave the hosts a deserved win.

The result drops the team to it's equal lowest position of the season in 11th place. The team is only four points from third place but with an awful lot of teams to overtake whilst the top two look out of Charscot's reach.

The team now host Barton Blitz, who have surprised everyone with a limited squad to be in a deserved second place. A win is simply the only result that the Wolverines can have at this stage of the season.

Manager Rich Grove was a dejected man afterwards. "I really have no words to explain that abject performance. This is a team of stars allegedly but they look like a bunch of has beens in recent weeks. I have remained loyal to too many players who simply haven't lived up to the hype and a failure this season will see a number of them leave the club".

"If the players want a future here they have to perform, if not then good riddance. As things stand I am now willing to discuss deals for my players although I won't be advertising outside of the official club site to avoid the silly offers that come from the lesser lights of the WPL".
A double home defeat week suddenly finds the team struggling for results as the season takes a turn for the worse.

In truth neither match had a clear cut advantage for either team so it could be argued that luck just wasn't with the Wolverines but that doesn't alter the fact that the teams Charscot lost to this week should both be beaten most of the time.

The cup defeat to Greytree Rangers will have had no real effect on the manager, given his disdain for the competition. However, the league defeat to Carnbroe Rovers is a different matter as it is exactly the sort of game that a team that promotes would expect to win.

Despite the defeat the team is amazingly still just a point off of third place, although the team crashed four places to ninth as one win separates 3rd and 13th in a ridiculously congested division bar the two two and bottom three.

Goals in either half were enough for Rovers to win the first league meeting between the clubs at The Blue Silver Stadium as the hosts shooting boots were missing.

The cup match produced a thriller which after 120 minutes was all square at 3-3. Rangers then won a tense penalty shootout 4-3 to progress to the third round.

Rocheteau's 21st minute volley from ten yards was cancelled out by Charscot old boy Rivaldo on 65 minutes before Stamper got a very rare goal from close range.

Rangers equalised within 8 minutes and then in extra time substitute Garrincha scored to equalise after Rivaldo had got his second of the game.

However, despite Stamper, Selakovic and Dowd scoring attackers Higgott and Garrincha both blazed over to confirm Charscot's exit from the cup.

Manager Rich Grove had little to say post match as he muttered about needing to make changes to a squad that has suddenly hit a brick wall with 3 home defeats in a week.

Charscot won at Wascisco Red Sox in the Kinveachy Cup 1-0 but lost the final on aggregate to end Charscot's involvement in any cup competitions for another season.
Charscot's unbeaten home record vanished at the halfway point of the season as they lost to local rivals Space Cadets, who beat Charscot for only the third time in 20 visits to The Blue Silver Stadium.

The Cadets took just 8 minutes to take the lead as Leo McGarry hit a superb 25 yard free kick.

Rick Higgott hit his 83rd club goal on 19 minutes with a close range finish.

Charscot continued to dominate the play but couldn't find a second goal and there was always the feeling the visitors may snatch a winner.

This came to pass as Jeffrey Donovan scored on 64 minutes with a spectacular shot from thirty yards.

The hosts huffed and puffed but couldn't find the finish required and lost for the first time in 9 matches.

With most of the teams around the Wolverines dropping points the damage wasn't too great with the leaders losing and Charscot only dropped to fifth and one point from third place at halfway. Considering the start to the season that is a respectable position that the team can look to build on as the second half of the season starts next week.

Manager Rich Grove was unavailable for comment afterwards for reasons undisclosed.

The team also lost the first leg of th Kinveachy Cup, 2-0 to Wascisco Red Sox, this week.
With a 7 match unbeaten run Charscot travelled to local rivals Beeston Athletic for a first ever meeting between the clubs full of confidence.

This confidence proved well-founded as the Wolverines came away with a 3-2 win to move into fourth position and just one goal off of third place.

The first half was a very open match as the hosts hit the bar before Stefan Selakovic got his first of the season on 13 minutes with a superb header.

3 goals in 90 seconds confirmed the result for the visitors as the teams slugged it out in the first half. On 22 minutes Tommy Forlan headed in from the edge of the box to seemingly secure the points.

However, Athletic scored from the kick off through Graham Stuart with the third headed goal of the match.

Within seconds though Charscot had regained their two goal cushion as Rick Higgott scored from close range with a tap in.

The hosts started the second half on fire as Stuart claimed his second goal from close range but after that the visitors killed the match and the game petered out as the Wolverines nullified their opponents.

Manager Rich Grove was happy afterwards. "This was a big game as we looked to stay undefeated for 8 weeks in a tricky local derby at a team on the same number of points as us. To come away with a win and see us move to within a goal of third place as we approach halfway is a great turnaround to what was a poor start to the season".

"We now need to build on this recent run and try to put more pressure on the top 3 in the coming weeks and months".

The Wolverines secured their place in the Kinveachy Cup final with a 1-0 win at Dep El Celtico to advance to play Wascisco Red Sox, conquerors of Ziaste Nequeno.

Another youth money maker, Davide Santon arrived via the auction market today and it is hoped he will make the club a decent 7 figure profit come the end of the season.

Meanwhile last week's foreign find joined Ziaste Nequeno in a 3million cash deal.
Another first ever meeting this week as Charscot welcomed Chelsea Blues to The Blue Silver Stadium.

With the visitors not having scored in four matches and Charscot with five consecutive clean sheets it was hoped Charscot's undefeated home record would mean another home win to keep pressure on the leading clubs.

However, in what is turning into a topsy turvy division this season Charscot could only draw the match and conceded their first goal in over a month.

It all started brightly with Tommy Forlan heading home on 23 minutes.

The Blues only took 7 minutes to equalise as Mustapha Kuruk scored from close range.

In a fairly even battle both sides went close before the final whistle left both sides wanting more.

Manager Rich Grove was in an optimistic mood afterwards. "Ok, so we didn't play our best football today and the result could easily have gone the wrong way but we have to take the positives from the match. We are now undefeated in seven matches, still unbeaten at home and are now only three points off a promotion spot and have moved into fifth position".

"There is no denying that things can easily go wrong as one point separates us from 11th place but we simply have to look forward and hope to beat Beeston Athletic next week and get back to winning ways after two draws".

The team played it's first ever Kinveachy Cup match today as the team beat Dep El Celtico 3-1. The team will now go to Dep El for the second leg next week. The winners will play the winner of the Wascisco Red Sox v Ziaste Nequeno match.

Meanwhile, there are no less than 3 foreign players at the club this week. One will be returned unsigned as he is considered too old at 33 year's old to be of use, whilst the other two will go to the auction market if no buyers can be found.
The first ever league meeting between A.F.C Binfield and Charscot took place today at The Blue Silver Stadium as Charscot looked to continue their recent good run.

The match itself turned into a very ones-sided affair as Charscot dominated from first whistle to last. However, despite their domination they couldn't find a way past the 5 man defence of the visitors and had to settle for a disappointing point in a goalless draw.

The result extends Charscot's run to 5 league matches without conceding a goal but they dropped a place to 6th and four points off promotion and five adrift of top spot.

Manager Rich Grove was in relaxed mood afterwards. "Of course I am disappointed not to win today as we certainly warranted the three points as we spent ninety minutes camped in their half. However, our continued record of clean sheets is a vast improvement on recent seasons and if we can just be a little more deadly in front of goal then we will be ok this season".

"We do though need to beat the struggling sides so a win next week at 15th placed Chelsea Blues is paramount".

It was another quiet week at the club as little happened at the club.
With an even record against hosts and local rivals Rivendell today's match at Canley Fields was hard to call. Charscot were still looking for their first away goal of the season and Rivendell have been up and down themselves.

However, Charscot hadn't conceded in their 3 previous league matches and were at least hopeful of a point and as it turned out they gratefully accepted all three as the midfield made up for the strikers goal shy attitude.

Charscot edged the match and were rewarded with two goals as they moved to a season high fifth place and just three points off a promotion spot and four points off top spot.

Etienne Rocheteau scored his first of the season on 26 minutes with a low drive from just outside the box.

Luciano Zauti continued his fine scoring run from midfield with his fourth of the season after 53 minutes to end the game as a contest as he hammered home from 15 yards.

Manager Rich Grove was happy with his team's efforts afterwards. "We needed to get an away win and our lack of goals on the road was becoming an issue so this 2-0 win was exactly what we wanted. We now need to use this current run to spring us into a top 3 spot and the maintain that position. There is no reason why we can't win this division and at the very least we simply have to promote and our form in the last 5 matches will get us there if we can replicate it".

It was a quiet week behind the scenes as little happened as the manager looks to maintain the status quo and any deals now are likely to be loan deals out of the club, with Evgeni Malkin likely to be loaned out in the next 2 weeks.
As the league reached it's 10th game today Charscot hosted arch rivals Real Madrid in a game the hosts simply had to win to try and close the gap on the clubs above them.

With 10 points from the last four meetings with Real at The Blue Silver Stadium and an undefeated home record this season the Wolverines were quietly confident.

The match itself was a cagey affair as the hosts edged the stats but the game looked destined to finish goalless. However, in the last minute Luciano Zauti spotted the Madrid keeper way off his line and superbly lobbed him from 25 yards to secure an invaluable win.

This was Zauti's second last minute goal of the season already as he appears to have found the knack for the big finish.

Manager Rich Grove was delighted afterwards. "We needed to take at least 4 points from our games against Callie and Real who had been flying high 2 week's ago and we have done that and closed the gap on the top clubs. We still have a lot of work to do and simply have to start scoring and winning on the road, beginning next week in our local derby at Rivendell"

"If we can turn around our lamentable away form and maintain our home form we can return to the top flight. If we don't improve away from home we can forget it".

The team finished it's season in the Super Cup with a 2-2 draw at Ridgmount Rovers, who sneak qualification on goals scored after the 2-2 thriller.

Charscot's club sponsors HSBC committed themselves to another four season's of sponsoring the club as a new deal was confirmed today.
Charscot hosted Division Three side Jossy's Giants in the first round of the cup today with little to lose considering the manager's well publicised feelings about the early rounds of the cup.

As it was it took a last gasp goal to win the game even though Charscot completely dominated the match.

After missing numerous chances in the first half Charscot surprisingly fell behind in the 37th minute when a rare attack from the Giants resulted in a simple close range tap in for Robert Anton.

Despite the setback the hosts weren't knocked out of their stride as they continued to dominate and were rewarded two minutes into the second half when Kierrison scored with a nicely timed run and a dummy of the keeper.

With extra time beckoning club record goalscorer Rick Higgott saved the side from an extra half hour when he toe poked in from close range with two minutes left.

Manager Rich Grove had little to say afterwards. "It was a professional performance ands on another day we would have scored five but the important thing is we remain undefeated going into a crucial home match against Real Madrid next week. A game that means far more than a cup win in truth".

With Charscot's hosts going missing in action in the WPL Super Cup there was only a couple of other news items with the signing of a one year contract extension by current back up keeper Cam Ward the expected news.

Meanwhile the international scout came up trumps finding a 16yo midfielder who despite his speed may actually have a future at the club. The manager has requested offers but as things stand the youth is destined to be trained at the club and either cashed in on at the end of this season or stay and become "the new Siddig" in the squad.
Winless on the road a local derby at undefeated rivals Callie Athletic certainly didn't look like the game to end that run. However, with 25 points out of the last 27 at Nat's Valley for the visiting Wolverines it was hoped history would lend a helping hand.

The game itself proved to be a fairly lacklustre one as neither side could gain a foothold and the closest either side came to scoring was a second half piledriver from Luciano Zauti which rebounded off the crossbar.

The result moves the team to a season high 8th position but further off a promotion spot, which is now 6 points away.

Manager Rich Grove had little to say afterwards. "A draw here in the context of the season is a good result but with two defeats and three 0-0 draws away from home we simply have to start winning away games if we want to be a promotion challenger".

"We now effectively get a week off with a meaningless match in the cup at home to Jossy's Giants before a crucial home match against third placed Real Madrid".

A quiet week behind the scenes where the club was eliminated from the WPL Super Cup without even playing a game.
Despite the patchy start to the season Charscot went into their home game with St John's United undefeated at home and looking to build on a good record against opposing manager John LeGood.

In most games this season Charscot have dominated and not had their share of luck. However, today they got a large slice of luck in an even match.

Whilst the game was a balanced one the hosts were wasteful in front of goal putting 12 shots off target. In fact their luck came in only having one shot on target in the entire match and it proving to be the winner.

Garrincha ran on to a fine pass from Zauti to take the ball past the keeper and tap home from close range with 14 minutes left.

The win only moved the Wolverines up two places to ninth but it equaled the season high so far and with the next two league matches against the top two the team has the perfect chance to make up ground, or indeed to fall well adrift of the top clubs.

Rich Grove was happy enough afterwards. "A change of tactics served us well today as instead of bemoaning our lack of luck after a dominating performance for a change I get to be thankful for the slice of luck going our way in an even game".

"At this stage we need wins, and be they lucky or deserved is irrelevant. We have Callie next week, who we have taken 25 points out of 27 from in our last 9 visits to them so we need to continue that superb run and end their undefeated record".

"After a week's break for a meaningless cup tie we then return here to face leaders Real Madrid, who we also have a good record against. If past history can be replicated with two wins then we will find ourselves right in the mix, anything less and things will look bleak to be honest so this is a crucial part of the season even this early on".

In the WPL Super Cup the team played out a 1-1 draw at home to Shaolin F.C that realistically eliminated the team with a game to spare.
Charscot returned to their run of bad luck this week after last week's long overdue win as the team contrived to lose 3-0 at Puigpunyent in a game where at least a point was deserved.

With three suckerpunch goals including a spectacular own goal by Luciano Zauti from 30 yards out the team will travel home wondering if their run of poor luck will ever end.

Manager Rich Grove was disappointed. "I am struggling to come to terms with losing matches like these ones. We have the better players, we play the dominant game week in and week out and yet we somehow managed to lose 3-0. It is getting beyond ridiculous and whilst changing tactics has been the usual way out of these situations nothing seems to be working".

"In the last 37 league matches we have at least had the edge in all but 2 matches yet we have managed to relegate easily and seemingly we want to repeat that feat again this season. Changing personnel does little so at this point my own resignation may be the only option."

Aside from the arrival of youth defender Lionel Galeano from the auction market for 2.2mill little of note happened this week. However, it is hoped Leonel will help the youth team to continue to dominate at the top of the league and consequently aid the improvement of the more useful youth players. He is expected to sell easily come the end of the season due to his speed, be it via direct sale or the auction market.
After an opening 5 wseeks that saw no wqins and four draws Charscot finally gained their first win of the season, and they did it in some style.

After dominating in previous matches Charscot tore apart Barlby FC at The Blue Silver Stadium and the 4-0 scoreline could have been even worse for the outclassed visitors.

The game was quickly out of sight as Charscot scored twice in three minutes to lead 2-0 after 17 minutes.

Rick Higgott's 80th club goal and Kierrison's 7th in 21 appearances, both from close range sealed Barlby's fate early on.

In the second half Tommy Forlan scored from close range as well within 90 seconds of the restart to make it 3-0.

Ned Dowd then scored within 7 minutes of coming off the bench with another simple goal to finish the scoring.

This extended the team's clean sheet record against Barlby FC to 8 matches.

Despite the large win the team only moved up one place to tenth position.

Manager Rich Grove was delighted afterwards. "That was exactly what the team, myself and the fans needed after a patchy start to the season. The way we have been playing we have certainly deserved more wins this season and I can only hope this is the start of a winning run that will have us pressuring teams at the right end of the table".

"With only 2 other games in the division having winners this result helped us make up ground on a clutch of sides and whilst in the lowly position of 10th we are just 4 points off of promotion and 5 points off of top spot and we play top and third next month and can do a lot to help ourselves if we can get a winning run going now".

A successful week was boosted with the contract extension signed by new keeper Pete Robinson and a 3 year extension signed by club captain Luciano Zauti. Zauti's future had been in some doubt at the start of the season but he has responded with consistent performances and a few goals.
The season lurches from one poor result to the next as after 5 games the Wolverines still await their first win.

Today's poor result was probably the worst of the season so far as Charscot travelled to bottom side Broomhall Lions knowing the Lions had yet to score a goal this season.

However, the two previous meetings between the clubs had finished goalless and this looked like a portent of what was to come.

The match itself saw Charscot camped out in the Lions half of the field but they couldn't find the breakthrough and after 90 minutes of dominance another point was all the team had to show for their hard work.

The result drops the team to 11th place and six points off of promotion and only one point above a relegation spot.

Manager Rich Grove had little to say. "I am beyond fed up with the poor results we are enduring this season. The results themselves have mostly been unfair as our performances have been better than the measly four points we have to show for our work so far. Coming to sides like the Lions, whose players are clearly inferior and not managing to score is wholly unacceptable and I am coming close to throwing in the towel".

The team managed to lose 3-1 at home in the WPL Super Cup to Ridgmount Rovers to complete a poor week.

The only good news was the contract extension signed by Kincaid J. Stamper that keeps him at the club for the next 3 seasons.
Without a win and struggling Charscot could have done without a local derby at home to high flying Vanbrugh Royals this week. Although Charscot have only lost once at home in 8 previous meetings they hadn't won in their last 3 meetings and confidence around the club is unsurprisingly low.

After a quiet first half the match sprang into action after half time with the sides sharing four goals and Charscot recorded their third draw from four matches.

On 57 minutes Hristo Stoichkov scored from close range before an equaliser from Garrincha on 74 minutes with a simple tap in after a mazy run.

With six minutes left captain Luciano Zauti scored his second of the season with a tap in from close range and the home fans felt they were finally going to see a Charscot win.

However, with two minutes left on the clock Gheorghe Filipescu was left in acres of space and scored easily from close range for an equaliser in an evenly contested match.

Manager Rich Grove was frustrated afterwards. "Whilst I don't feel we deserved the win today when you are that close to the end of the match you simply have to shut up shop and protect the lead. We are growing more desperate for a win with each passing game and already find ourselves 5 points off a promotion spot which is unacceptable at this early stage".

"We now find ourselves going to bottom side Broomhall Lions next week and if we can't win against a team that has yet to score this season then the alarm bells will certainly be ringing".

The draw moves the side up a place to tenth but in the circumstances that is an unacceptable position.

A quiet week as Charscot's opponents in the WPL Super Cup failed to turn up. However, this wasn't a surprise as they have failed to arrive for either game and the continued entry of Salad Dodgers in the competition is looking shaky at best.
Still without a win Charscot lurched to a first defeat of the season as they lost at Barton Blitz 1-0 for their first defeat of the season.

In a match of few chances Kelvin Dawn scored the only goal after 11 minutes with a free kick and despite a lot of huffing and puffing the visitors couldn't find an equaliser.

"I am pretty fed up in all honesty" Manager Rich Grove lamented post match. "I am sick of us getting off to such slow starts and losing to frankly rubbish sides does nothing to alleviate the situation. We are now already looking at the wrong end of the table despite having by far the best line-up available in this division. To say I am losing patience would be an understatement and if things don't improve soon then either players go or I go".

"With a local derby at our place against high flying Vanbrugh Royals next week things won't get any easier and changes will be made, both in terms of the team and the tactics".

The team managed to lose a second game this week, losing their first WPL Super Cup match of the season, 2-0 at Shaolin FC.

In a poor week the only good news was the contract extension signed by last season's top scorer Kierrison, who committed himself to another two years at the club.
Charscot's first home game on their return to the First Division was against early season leaders Southwell City FC. With the visitors confidence high and Charscot having drawn their last 3 matches a home defeat seemed entirely likely.

It seemed even more likely with ten minutes left  as City led 2-0 with strikes from McLellan and Sucre.

However, the hosts persevered in a fairly even game as their sustained late pressure brought it's rewards.

When all-time club leading scorer Rick Higgott hit a sublime 30 yard free kick with ten minutes left it may have looked like nothing but a consolation.

However, as the referee prepared to blow the whistle for time captain and substitute Luciano Zauti scored as a sub for the second time in his career with a close range finish after a mazy run from the centre circle.

The result drops City to third place, behind the two sides who relegated with Charscot, Space Cadets and Real Madrid whilst Charscot move up to 9th.

Manager Rich Grove had mixed feelings afterwards. "In the circumstances the fightback to get a point is commendable but we simply cannot afford to be gifting two goal leads if we want to promote this season".

"Our play is at best average right now and we simply aren't creating enough and unfortunately we seem to be playing the higher placed teams in the upcoming fixtures starting at Barton Blitz next week. We have only played them twice, winning both games but that was 18 years ago so has no real bearing."

A quiet week behind the scenes saw keeper Pete Robinson sign a one year extension as he looks to prove himself.
A new season is both an exciting and a depressing moment as the bright hopes of a new season are tempered by the knowledge that the start of a season is not only very random but can also shape the whole season with a bad start.

Travelling to fourth placed Carnbroe Rovers in these circumstances was far from the ideal opening and the subsequent point from a fairly dull goalless draw may well be considered a valuable point when the season has taken shape.

The game was one where neither side could find their shooting boots with no less than 23 shots on target to a miserly 6 on target so the draw was frankly all either side deserved.

Manager Rich Grove was pleased with the efforts from the opener. "We have to be happy with the start of any season when we avoid losing on the opening day. We came looking for a point realistically so the result is a satisfactory one. In the days and weeks ahead the important thing will be to gather some momentum and get some wins under the belt so we can be fighting at the right end of the table."

"We are aiming for a settled squad and barring any surprising offers the only deals we will be doing will be loan deals once forms have settled down".

There was good news as keeper Pete Robinson arrived from the MOA and will now be trained up to challenge Cam Ward..

Also arriving is youth star Matej Sindelar. Matej cost in excess of 18million and it is hoped having two full seasons in the youth team ahead will allow the trainers to convert him into a midfield as the main challenge is improving his tackling. His addition will also help current star Coimbra improve as he looks to be as near perfect as possible in the next 30 weeks.

Meanwhile leaving the club were midfielders Darren Wilson and Kemule Bonere who raised a combined 23million.

The draw for the first round of the cup sees Charscot host Jossy's Giants from the third division. With the manager's known lack of interest in the early rounds of the cup an away win will not be a shock.
A meaningless game as Charscot played their last top flight game, going to Balham Town for a game that could have been a relegation decider if the Wolverines had had one more point pre-match.

With little on the game both sides did their part to produce a good match with four goal shared between the sides as each side deservedly took a point.

Charscot twice came from behind with equalisers from Tommy Forlan (toe poke) and Ned Dowd (kneed home) on 15 and 75 minutes.

The season finished with the team 3 points (and a far worse goal difference) away from safety as the defensive issues killed the team from the first week to the last.

The team actually conceded a new club record 55 goals whilst also having their fewest clean sheets in a season (5) and tying records for most defeats (14) and most home defeats (8).

Considering all of this the only surprise was that there were two sides worse than Charscot !

With the end of the season comes the Hall of Fame inductees and the Player and Young Player of the Year award. With so few players playing well it was no surprise to find only one inductee entered this season, and that player also took both player awards. Step forward attacker Kierrison, whose season was cut short by injury just when his goals were most needed.

The squad is pretty much sorted for the new season with back up keeper Pete Robinson due to arrive later in the week from Woodley Cyclones and the only potential deal coming via the auction market, although that is a long way from certain at this point.

Manager Rich Grove had little to say today at the conclusion of a dire season. "The team has to take collective responsibility for our final position, with particular emphasis on our defending as a team. No team can be successful conceding 55 goals and the team has to defend better from attack to defence if we don't want to find ourselves dropping another division next season".

"We travel to Carnbroe Rovers who very nearly promoted this season for a hard opener and we have to stop our normal poor form at the start of a season if we don't want to find ourselves struggling early on. Promotion has to be the priority but with so many strong sides in the division next season this will be far harder than last time we were in division 1."
To have any chance of survival against 13th placed Balham Town next week Charscot's result had to be better than Town's with Town having a 3 point lead and a large cushion in goal difference.

With Town grinding out a 0-0 draw to kill Vasco's slim title hopes it meant the Wolverines had to take 3 points from their local derby at Wascisco Red Sox.

Charscot found themselves up against it within seconds of the start of the second half as Terrance Nelson hit a spectacular volley to give the hosts an undeserved lead.

Charscot hit the Sox with wave after wave of attacks and it was only a matter of time before they equalised. That equaliser from a 15 yarder from Stefan Selakovic left the Wolverines with 29 minutes to get a winner to set up a final day relegation decider.

However, despite pummeling the goal and camping out in the final third of the pitch Charscot couldn't get the break that was needed and the final whistle brought relegation for the top flight for the second time in the team's history and a chorus of boo's from the large away contingent.

Manager Rich Grove was surprisingly more annoyed with events elsewhere than the team's relegation. "Our relegation is not exactly a surprise as we simply haven't done enough this season. Our defending as a team has been poor and that has cost us dear. Only two teams in the entire league conceded more than the 53 goals we conceded and that is embarrassing".

"Whilst it will be a new look side next season those players who have survived have to show they are up for the battle as that is what it will be. We are disadvantaged by the youthful nature of the squad but we overcame this last time we relegated and we simply have to do that again".

"On a day like this I am actually more annoyed by what has happened elsewhere. Whoever claimed cheats never prosper was an idiot as it doesn't take a lot of searching to see certain sides having great success despite their managers being cheats. The fact that these individuals have done so on more than once occasion yet find themselves in positions of success frankly leaves a sickening feeling and it is just a shame that a great league full of so many honourable managers seems to see too many cheats succeed at their expense. Whilst the relegation today is an embarrassment at least I know I can hold my head high for being an honest manager, there are others who can never do them and their success means nothing".

At this point when asked to name names the manager said "do your own research" and stormed out to finish a strange press conference.

With the team now being prepared for next season the first news of the new season is the draw for the WPL Super Cup, which sees Charscot unfortunately drawn in the 3 team group so whilst finishing top is more likely any runner up progression is a non-starter. The group is completed by Shaolin FC and Ridgmount Rovers and looks like a hard route to progress.

With less than 2 weeks to go the midfielders on the auction market have had no further bids although the coming week should hopefully see that change.

Meanwhile youth keeper Norm Buntz is on his way to Ziaste Nequeno as he finds his way blocked by Diego Benaglio for the upcoming season.

No further deals are anticipated at this point as the four loanees make their way back in preparation for next season.
With time running out to save their top flight status Charscot hosted title challengers Vasco in their final home match of the season today.

Recent history was in the host's favour as Vasco hadn't beaten the Wolverines in the last 5 meetings and lost at home in the meeting earlier this season. That 1-0 win for Charscot was repeated today in an open game with 40 shots in 90 minutes of attacking, entertaining football.

The only goal of the game came within 60 seconds of the restart as Ned Dowd scored from 8 yards to give the team either a priceless or meaningless three points depending on the next fortnight.

Charscot stay 14th as Real Madrid and Space Cadets are relegated below them and are 3 points behind Balham Town and 5 points adrift of Ziaste.

Charscot travel to Balham on the final day of the season but have a significantly worse goal difference and need to better Town's result next week to be able to overhaul them. Balham go to Vasco and if Town win then Charscot can only stay up with 2 wins and Ziaste losing their last 2 matches. If however, Balham get less points than Charscot next week then a Charscot win on week 31 will keep them up.

Manager Rich Grove was subdued post match. "Whilst today's result was heartening it just emphasizes how important our previous 4 defeats at home have proven as if we had been slightly better organised and resilient we could have our destiny in our own hands. Unfortunately those defeats are likely to relegate us next week or on the final day".

"We now face a local derby at Wascisco needing to continue our recent good record against the Sox to have any hope".

A quiet week behind the scenes as the likelihood of further deals becomes more remote.

Youth prospect Artur "Zico" Coimbra perfected his shooting and is already looking like a future star with over a season left in the youth side.

Meanwhile departing all-brils Kemule Bonere and Darren Wilson have yet to receive a bid with 1 week gone on the auction market.
Having failed to beat Molineux Wizards in the last five meetings between the club confidence was far from high at The Blue Silver Stadium. Add the Wizards in the hunt for the title and Charscot on the verge of relegation and having lost their last 3 home matches and an away victory seemed certain.

That certainty pre-match was confirmed after a battling first half as the Wizards tore the home defence to shreds on the way to a 4-1 away victory that moved them into second spot.

Charscot for their part remain three points from safety as no one in the bottom five won so no change aside from one less game to go and with just 3 matches left the Wolverines are running out of time.

Malcolm Ryness had given Molineux a lead on 36 minutes with a close range side footed goal before Theo Zagarakis scored a second just before half time to kill the contest.

Pedro Luis returned to haunt his old side with another close range goal on 59 minutes before Walton Stamper scored a fourth close range goal on 65 minutes.

Kierrison's tap in in the 89th minute was the ultimate in scant consolation goals.

Manager Rich Grove was in a resigned mood post match. "We got what I expected before the match, a home defeat. With our goal difference being so poor frankly how many we lose by is irrelevant at this point as we need points because goal difference will not save us".

"With our home form so poor we have one final home match next week when title chasers Vasco visit before two away matches at Wascisco and Balham finish our season and we need to be within 2 points of Balham going into the final week to have any chance".

"Vasco haven't beaten us in out last 5 meetings home and away or our last 5 meetings at The Blue Silver Stadium and we have to maintain that record next week to have a hope".

In a blow to the team's survival hopes Young Player of the Season nominee Kierrison dislocated his knee in training and will be unavailable for the remainder of this season and the start of next. His loss cannot be underestimated as he has been the one bright spot in the season and with fitness bound to be lacking on his return next season he is expected to spend next season out on loan to a club as yet to be confirmed.

The management continued the end of season culling as youth player Billy Eyres was sold to Chaddesden Celtic today and Franco Zuculini's transfer to Moles Villa of the Opal league was finalised and is expected to be completed next week.

Midfielders Darren Wilson and Kemule Bonere were placed on the auction market today and combined they are hoped to bring in at least 20,000,000.

In good news youth star prospect Artur Coimbra was told he has a future by his manager, who has rebuffed considerable offers in recent weeks and "Zico" responded with a major improvement in his shooting as he looks to be as near perfect as possible by the end of next season.
The trip to local rivals Ziaste Nequeno felt like the last chance saloon for Charscot as their recent home performances have left any survival hopes as a long shot at best.

However, with 4 points from the last 2 away games and a 4-1 win in the only previous meeting at Klein Stadt last season the Wolverines still clung on to the impossible dream.

For one day dreams apparently do still come true as Charscot won a thriller with a late goal to move within three points of safety again with four games left.

The performance deserved a win despite some dubious defending from the visitors.

After just seven minutes Garrincha scored from close range but it took just four minutes for Ziaste to pull level after a mix up at the back left Jonas Quinn with the easiest of chances. Garrincha clearly enjoys playing Ziaste, having scored 4 goals in the 3 games he has played against them.

Just before the half hour mark Zauti was brought down in the area and Rick Higgott sent the keeper the wrong way with the penalty to restore the lead.

Charscot made the worst possible start to the second half, conceding a goal as Benedykt Kowalka scored within 90 seconds of the restart and it looked like more dropped points until the 83rd minute when Higgott scored again with a magnificent 30 yard volley.

The win moved the team into 14th position but survival still seems unlikely.

Manager Rich Grove wasn't getting carried away afterwards. "Whilst a good three points it still seems unlikely that we will survive as we now face the sides in third and fourth, followed by a derby against the 7th placed side. If somehow we get enough points to bring a last day decider between ourselves and Balham that will be an achievement in itself but in truth relegation within the fortnight seems likely".

Behind the scenes a lot of personnel decisions have been made. A potential deal with Comberton fell through as the manager decided to hold onto youth midfielder Artur "Zico" Coimbra whilst contract extensions were signed resulting in Joe Giradi and Evgeni Malkin extending their stays by at least a season each (and hopefully far more in time).

Aside from some players changing positions permanently the manager has also decided to offload a couple of the more experienced players and so Darren Wilson and Kemule Bonere will be on the auction market next Monday.
The season all but ended today as a third consecutive home defeat leaves the team 5 points from safety with just five games left.

The match against Chaddesden Celtic was fairly even and although the visitors edged the stats on another day a home point at least would have been possible.

However, with Charscot finding new ways to lose each week another home defeat had an expectancy about it.

A goal in each half from Morgan and Bonachat left Celtic in control and Kierrison's 89th minute header was scant consolation.

Manager Rich Grove was critical afterwards. "This team is simply not producing the performances their skills suggest they should. The side as a whole is an embarrassment, both to myself and the fans who have had to suffer some truly dire football this season."

"To say I am at breaking point would probably be an understatement and in truth I have lost faith in the players at this club and if the entire squad were sold tomorrow I doubt we could do any worse."

The manager went on to confirm that the squad are all available for deals and that he will be looking to bring in fresh blood for next season's campaign to try and return to the top flight.
A trip to The Academy has not worried the Wolverines in recent seasons with 3 consecutive 2-1 wins for the visitors and 10 points from the last 12.

However, with Charscot in deep trouble and The Academy in fourth with a chance of the title the hosts were no doubt expecting far more from their side.

As it turned out the two sides cancelled each other out to a great extent and although the visitors had the lion's share of possession they failed to create as much as they should have and had to settle for a 1-1 draw that moves the side to within 2 points of safety.

Rick Higgott scored his 8th goal in 8 matches against The Academy in the tenth minute with a close range toe poke.

However, this Academy side are made of more resolute stuff than their previous incarnations and it took them five minutes to equalise as Bill Abong scored from 15 yards.

Charscot hit the post in the second half but a winner was not to be found and both sides took a point less than they really needed with 6 matches left.

Manager Rich Grove was satisfied afterwards. "Despite our past record here this has to be a point gained considering our form this season and at least we still have a shot at staying up. However, with 3 home matches in our next four games if we don't take at least 7 points from the next four I feel we are certain to relegate and even that many points may not be enough".

A busy week behind the scenes as the manager pulled the trigger on some pre-arranged deals as well as organising a new deal in preparation for next season.

The deal with local rivals Space Cadets for Joe Giradi had been waiting for a while and went ahead this week as keeper Gunnarsson and 16 year old wonderkid Mario Corso both left the club as the initial parts of the deal. Arriving in return is midfielder Joe Giradi, another player who just needs some work on speed to be the "complete" player. What position Giradi ultimately plays in has yet to be determined and next season may well determine that.

The departure of Gunnarsson was no surprise as the manager has been very critical of the keepers at his disposal in the past couple of seasons and Johan's failure to keep a single clean sheet has left the manager fuming at him frequently. A fresh start for him may well be exactly what he needs.

The loss of mario Corso is quite different as he has been exceptional since being found but the lack of training opportunities would have hurt his progress to becoming a perfect player so his departure should benefit him as well.

Another deal arranged this week was the sale of Oleg Kushinkin with keeper Pete Robinson coming in from Woodley Cyclones of the MOA. Robinson isn't expected to arrive until week 1 of next season but it is hoped that he and Ward between them can hold down the keeper positions for the next few years.
After last week's smash and grab win the team came plummeting back to earth with a 4-0 home defeat to Barnstoneworth United that brought gloom back to The Blue Silver Stadium.

This was Charscot's 8th consecutive loss to United, a run that was inexplicable a few seasons ago when the Wolverines had their own 9 match run without losing.

In truth the 4-0 win for United was extremely flattering as Charscot deserved a point. However, it does seem to characterize the lack of luck Charscot have been suffering this season.

United were far more clinical as John Phillips scored a couple, with Robert Hegarty and a dubious David Lockwood penalty completing the scoring.

Manager Rich Grove had little to say afterwards. "This sums up the highs and lows of the game comparing last week and this. We go to high-flying The Academy needing a win to close the gap on the clubs above as games are fast running out".

Charscot have won their last 3 visits to The Academy without conceding a goal and will need to extend that winning run if they want to keep their slim hopes of survival alive.

After the latest defeat it seems the manager is looking for another keeper to offset the abysmal performances from Johan Gunnarsson who seems unable to keep a clean sheet.
With Charscot struggling on the road this season and Thamesford flying high the Wolverines held out little hope for the trip up north today.

After four minutes this pessimism looked to be correct as Stuart Wilson scored with a close range header.

Charscot toiled for most of the match in a fairly even game but it looked like another away defeat until a dramatic final 120 seconds.

With a minute left Garrincha broke free and headed in from 6 yards to secure what looked like an unlikely point.

However, things turned even more for the visitors as with time expiring Tommy Forlan ran through to score a superb solo goal to grab the most unlikely of wins for Charscot.

Manager Rich Grove was unsurprisingly happy afterwards. "That is a great result today. It wasn't in truth deserved but the way the team hung in there has to be applauded. The only disappointment was to see other results go against us but at least we keep in touch with the sides above us".

Charscot now host Barnstoneworth United. With United having won their last 3 visits to The Blue Silver Stadium defeat seems likely for Charscot.

In transfer news the long awaited arrival of Evgeni Malkin was finally confirmed today as the conclusion of a 3 for1 deal first arranged some 4 months ago.
With the team's survival on the line the capitulation today in the early stages was simply unacceptable. Hosting fellow strugglers Sandbanks City this was a game that Charscot simply had to win but after 13 minutes the game was over.

It took just 40 seconds for Jonny Lewchenko to score from close range before a quick fire double killed the hosts' chances.

Lewchenko scored again from close range on 12 minutes and 60 seconds later Jon Dymock chipped a superb third goal.

With ten minutes left Charscot got a consolation goal from Rick Higgott with a superlative 30 yard lob but it was too little too late.

Manager Rich Grove conceded relegation afterwards. "I just don't see how we survive when the team can't make the most of their opportunities. We deserved a point from today's game but we simply aren't being professional enough."

"Although only two points from safety we now play three of the top four in our next three games and realistically we will lose those games and be adrift at the bottom. To say I am disgusted with our performances would be an understatement. I will clearly have to have a long look at the personnel and see who has what it takes to compete at this level as this squad should be challenging the top three, not the bottom three".

A few excess youths are being sold off with Greg Oronko, Gary Hill and Stephen Brown all leaving.

Meanwhile arriving in the opposite direction is Evgeni Malkin. Malkin has been working hard in the Torpedo Belper youth side in the MOA perfecting his skills and now joins with just work needed on his speed.

In other news keeper Johan Gunnarsson signed a one year extension immediately before putting in another awful performance that could yet see him leave the club.
Charscot's away form continues to hamper their survival chances as they lost again, this time to fellow strugglers St Joseph's BC by two goals to one to drop back to 15th place.

It took 6 minutes for the hosts to score as Beardall scored from ten yards out.

For the second season running Charscot were awarded a penalty around the quarter hour mark as Higgott was upended in the box. Carroll Shelby placed the ball into the cornet of the net for his first goal of the season and Charscot's first penalty since this game last season.

A the game wore on neither side looked like scoring in an even game. However, with 16 minutes left on the clock Frearson dribbled through to score the winner.

Manager Rich Grove was unimpressed with his team afterwards. "Our performances away from home this season have been simply unacceptable and unless we turn things around very quickly we will be playing in division one next season".

"We now host fellow strugglers Sandbanks City next week needing a win to have any chance of survival considering we play Barnstoneworth and Thamesford directly after that and are unlikely to get any points from those games".

The team will be quietly confident, having not lost in their last six meetings with Sandbanks City, but right now the team is so poor anything could happen.

The manager made youth attacker Stephen Brown available for cash today following his recent injury. How much interest there will be is debatable.
Charscot's recent upturn in form continued as the team went five home games unbeaten with a convincing 3-1 win over Real Madrid.

The performance was fully deserving of the scoreline and the team edged nearer safety and into 14th place. With just 3 points separating the Wolverines from 8th place the next few weeks could prove crucial, starting with a visit to 15th placed St Joseph's BC next week.

Rick Higgott's scored with a magnificent free kick from just outside the "D" on 55 minutes to put Charscot one up.

However, sloppy defending from the kick off saw ex-Charscot defender Roj Blake score against his old side for the third time with a tap in from close range.

Charscot weren't to be denied the win they deserved as 9 minutes later Higgott lobbed the keeper from 20 yards.

With 76 minutes played Tommy Forlan got his fourth goal of his debut season at the club as he placed a free kick into the roof of the net.

Manager Rich Grove was content afterwards. "It's great to continue our recent form against Real, who have failed to beat us in our last five meetings. We need to get a decent run of results on the road to compliment our improved home form as that could be the difference between survival and relegation".

The team now face two crucial matches against the teams in 15th and 12th position in the next two weeks and these games may go a long way to deciding the club's fate.
With the Wolverines having an excellent record against Long Eaton Archers today's 0-0 bore draw looks like a case of two dropped points. However, in truth the team laboured for 90 minutes and a draw was the best either side could justifiably claim.

A game of little incident the point keeps Charscot in 15th whilst Long Eaton stay in mid-table.

Manager Rich Grove seemed accepting afterwards. "Whilst it is always disappointing on those rare occasions that we don't beat a Mike Taylor managed side, we can have few complaints as the spark was missing from our attacking play today".

""It is disappointing after looking so good going forward last week but it is important that when the performances aren't there that we still take something from each game".

"We now host Real Madrid next week and if we can continue our recent form against them and win then we can drag them into the relegation battle at the bottom so next week is an enormous match".

A quiet week at the club as little else happened and as things stand little is likely to happen before the end of season exodus of youth players.
An enormous match at The Blue Silver Stadium as Charscot hosted bottom side Space Cadets in a battle of the bottom two. With Charscot having only lost this fixture twice in the previous 17 meetings the hosts were hoping for more of the same.

The match itself was one of the most dominant displays by Charscot against their local rivals they have ever had as the Wolverines tore the visitors apart and completely outclassed them.

Charscot won 4-1 and if the team had scored twice that amount it would have been a fairer reflection on what transpired.

After 10 minutes Kierrison scored his fourth goal in 8 appearances for the club as he continues to look like an excellent signing for the club and the one highlight of the season. His free kick from 30 yards were rifled into the top corner as Alf Stewart was left grasping at thin air.

The fans were bemused to find the score only 1-0 at halftime after Rick Higgott and Stefan Selakovic both then hit the bar and those misses looked crucial when on 58 minutes Tommy Forlan inexplicably knocked the ball past Cam Ward under no pressure to level the scores.

However, whereas earlier this season the hosts may have allowed this mistake to undermine them instead the team swept forward and continued to rip through the heart of the Cadet's defence.

Stefan Selakovic chipped a superb 25 yarder over Stewart to make it 2-1 on 67 minutes.

This was quickly followed up by substitute Luciano Zauti, who hit a free kick from 20 yards on 74 minutes.

With 7 minutes left Tommy Forlan redeemed himself for his earlier error as he hit the fourth goal home from another free kick just outside the area.

There was still time for Rick Higgott to hit the post in a completely one-sided match.

At the final whistle the statistics were damning for the visitors as Charscot had a total of 31 shots, hit the woodwork 3 times, were caught offside another 21 times and had 15 corners for a completely one-sided battle.

Manager Rich Grove called for his side to replicate this performance over the remainder of the season. "We need to keep playing like this. The win today, whilst magnificent, hasn't changed anything at the bottom as we are still 3 points away from safety and with the worst goal difference. This result will mean nothing if we don't go to Long Eaton Archers next week and win again".

With Charscot having 6 wins and a draw from the last 7 meetings with Long Eaton the Wolverines will be disappointed with anything less than three points next week.

After much debate, Mario Corso signed from Torino, and the youth starlet will hopefully be a money maker at some point over this season or next.
Having taken a solitary point from two previous visits to high flying Dep El Celtico the Wolverines were far from confident of continuing their mini undefeated run today.

This lack of confidence was to prove well founded as the hosts took a 4-2 win that leaves Charscot three points from safety and in deep trouble.

The game started perfectly for Charscot with Kierrison scoring from close range for his third goal in 7 games since arriving at the club. In a season of mediocrity he is proving to be the one bright spot so far.

Despite the promising start a 3 goal blitz in 18 minutes turned the game on it's head as Larsson, Morris and Chidi showed their superior finishing skills to put Celtico 3-1 up on 40 minutes.

Record club goalscorer Rick Higgott scored a superb individual goal a minute later to set up an intriguing second half as he lobbed the keeper from the edge of the area.

The second half saw both teams go close with the hosts hitting the bar whilst Charscot twice hit the woodwork before Larsson scored the fourth goal with four minutes remaining to guarantee the three points went to the home side.

Manager Rich Grove wasn't in a communicative mood post match and made the briefest of comments. "The performance today simply wasn't good enough and our derby performances this season have been diabolical. We now have another derby next week as we host Space Cadets and if we can't win that game considering their current run of poor form then we may as well give up on the season".

The club confirmed the arrival on trial of a youth star who may or may not join the club on a permanent contract within the next week as the manager considers his options.
Today was an enormous match as Charscot hosted fellow strugglers Balham Town. Having drawn all 3 previous meetings at The Blue Silver Stadium 1-1 a draw seemed the likeliest result with the hosts knowing a win would put them level on points with Balham.

The match itself proved a cagey one with little to separate the sides.

With ten minutes remaining Darren Wilson hit the bar from close range and it looked like Charscot's best chance to win had gone.

However, with the game into time added on one last attack from the hosts suddenly found record scorer Rick Higgott in space in the six yard box and he rarely misses such chances and toe poked the ball home for an unexpected winner.

Higgott immediately ran into the crowd to celebrate and inexplicably avoided a card from the referee as the celebrations continued long past the final whistle.

Manager Rich Grove was a relieved man afterwards. "I thought our chance of winning had gone to be honest. When the ball fell to Rick in the area I knew he wouldn't let us down."

"I said 3 weeks ago we had a run of games where we had to go unbeaten and we have started well and suddenly we are within touching distance of moving outside the bottom three. We need to focus though and not lose sight of the work ahead, starting with two derby matches in the next fortnight. "

In morale boosting news Tommy Forlan signed a two year extension to confirm his long term future at the club having got off to a promising start this season.

Arriving at the club this week was foreign youth Diego Benaglio. Whilst he has undoubted skill at best he will spend two seasons helping the youth team before going onto pastures new, at worst he will be cashed in on at the end of this season.
Charscot hosted in form local rivals Wascisco Red Sox as the team looked to build on last week's win.

Charscot dominated the match for long periods but the visitors showed why they came into the match in third place as they proved more clinical in front of goal early on.

On 19 minutes Hafferkamp Matusek scored from just outside the box and when Matusek added a second on 56 minutes with a header it seemed as if all the controlling play from the hosts was going to be for nothing.

However, Garrincha had other ideas on his return to the starting 11 and on 76 minutes he scored with a fabulous free kick from 25 yards. With the hosts gaining in confidence Garrincha scored again six minutes later with a toe poke following a mazy run from the halfway line.

At the final whistle the fans celebrated as if they had won as other results took the team off of bottom spot into 15th place.

Manager Rich Grove was unsure what to make of the result afterwards. "It is hard to tell at this point if this is going to be an important point gained or a dominating performance that didn't get the win it deserved."

"I am proud of the way we fought back today and that spirit will be needed if we are to save ourselves from relegation this season, but we need to be more solid at the back and deadlier up front if we are going to start winning with any regularity".

The draw took the side to 15th place and three points from safety, although with by far the worst goal difference in the division the team will need to look to be ahead on points of their rivals to survive rather than hoping for a goal difference escape.

The team now hosts relegation rivals Balham Town in a big match next week that will show if the past couple of weeks are leading up to anything or just a false hope as a defeat would leave the side well adrift of safety.
Charscot travelled to Vasco knowing time is fast disappearing on any survival attempt and having won their last two visits to Stadio De Las Americas by two goals to one the need to repeat that scoreline was paramount.

The manager had called on his players to duplicate last season/s run at this point of the season when the team went 7 unbeaten and the players responded with a gutsy performance to steal a 2-1 win.

The hosts had the vast majority of the play but found themselves lacking in front of goal as they wasted a host of chances whilst for once the Wolverines proved far more deadly.

It took three minutes for Darren Wilson to score his first goal for the club in his fifth match with a fantastic free kick from just outside the penalty area.

Just past the half hour the hosts were awarded a dubious penalty for an alleged foul by Oleg Kushinkin even though tv replays showed he won the ball. Zaggano scored from the spot to level the scores.

The second half saw more home team dominance although Charscot should have scored on 75 minutes when Higgott hit the post when it was easier to score and at that point the visitors looked like they had blown their best chance.

However, young attacker Kierrison had different ideas as he headed home from close range to secure the away win in the 79th minute for his second goal in four appearances for the club.

Manager Rich Grove had little to say afterwards despite the win. "This is just the first in a long number of steps and unless we can start winning consistently it will mean nothing. We must continue to fight and more importantly take our chances, continuing next week in our local derby against Wascisco Red Sox, if we want to retain top flight football here".

With the arrival of a new foreign youth who is seen as a cash maker and the departure of a foreign defender it seems the manager is going to rely on the current players to either save the club or doom them.
Having not scored on the team's last 3 visits to Molineux Wizards Charscot were hardly full of confidence going into their trip today.

This lack of confidence was well deserved as the team put in a pitiful performance and were lucky to only lose 1-0 to a superb lob from Petric six minutes in.

Manager Rich Grove had little to say afterwards. "That was a dire performance and how we only lost by one goal I will never know. It was more by luck than any skill on our part and performances like that simply cannot continue".

"We have reached the last chance saloon already and we need to replicate last season when we went on an unbeaten run at this stage of the season that helped get us a top 3 finish. This time around we need that run just to give ourselves a chance of survival. In truth I am not hopeful based on the apathetic performances we have put in this season".

With the manager less than impressed with his staff it was a quiet week at the club and it surely can only be a matter of time before changes are made ?
A local derby at home to Ziaste Nequeno was never likely to prove easy after last season's loss in this fixture and so it proved as Charscot wasted a good start and had to settle for a point.

After Kierrison scored his first club goal on 31 minutes with a spectacular 30 yarder things looked good for the Wolverines when Forlan made it 2-0 just after half time with a close range goal.

However, the Charscot defence let the team down as they conceded 2 goals in six minutes and found themselves back to all square by the 62nd minute.

Neither team could find a winner in an even match and so Charscot stay bottom and five points from safety.

Manager Rich Grove was in a subdued mood post-match. "I really don't have much to say today. Our performance today wasn't good enough for more than a point and we are running out of time to save ourselves and it seems nothing makes any difference".

The team's official exit from the WPL Super Cup was confirmed with a game to go after a 0-2 defeat at The Academy to round off another poor week for the club.