Charscot travelled to local rivals Ziaste Nequeno on the back of a 2 game winning run knowing a third win would finally move the team above at least their hosts.
With a good record against Nequeno hopes were high and thsoe hopes were not disappointed as the Wolverines secured a comprehensive victory.

The match was a lot closer than the scoreline but it was over in the first half as Jairzinho's each spectacular volley was followed by a superb lob from Kierrison and then a horror own goal from Cousins.

With the hosts three down ta half time they looked to avoid a heavier defeat and the second half was a fairly dull occasion.

The win moves Charscot up to eighth and with an enormous match at home to second placed The Academy next week where a win could see Charscot back into the chasing pack for a top 3 spot inexplicably.

Manager Rich Grove was happy post-match. "Ziaste are always a tricky opponent, so to get a win and with such a scoreline is very pleasing. We now take our winning run into a big match next week as we look to end The Academy's six match unbeaten run."

The manager is currently left with a decision to make following the finding of a potential youth star. Whilst clearly not fast enough to have a future at the club it has yet to be determined if he could be worth the gamble to make a profit.

This is following an earlier announcement that the club have secured the services of Leonidas Da Silva from Chaddesden Celtic of the Opal league. Leonidas won't arrive until towards the end of next season as he looks to improve.
Charscot hosted struggling Long Eaton Archers knowing a win would be enormous in the team's fight to move away from the relegation places.

History was on the host's side as Long Eaton have been atrocious agaisnt the Wolverines with one point from their last ten visits to The Blue Silver Stadium.

History proved reliable as Charscot eased to a 2-0 win with goals in either half from Henrik Larsson and Jairzinho.

The win keeps the team three points clear of the bottom three in 11th place and closed the gap in a tight division to nine points from top spot.

With a trip to local rivals Ziaste Nequeno Charscot will be hoping to put some more distance between themselves before a hard match against title challengers The Academy.

Manager Rich Grove was delighted afterwards. "We needed that, our first back to back wins of the season. Ideally we will extend that winning run for as long as possible and put our poor start into distant history. We are still in real danger of relegating so simply have to build on these wins and get into a position of safety as soon as possible".

After recently returning to the starting line up keeper Jess Hall signed a one year extension as he looks to extend his career at the club all the way to retirement if he can.

Finally the club would like to wish all it's supporters a very Happy Christmas and hope that we can reward the fans with better performances going forward and do all we can to get back to challenging for titles.
Charscot travelled to winless Rhyl F.C knowing anything less than a win would see the Wolverines in the bottom three and in major trouble.

As it was the visitors put in a superb performance but found goals hard to come by and had to settle for a 2-1 win.

All the goals came in the first half and Chris Kunitz's brilliant header on 22 minutes was quickly equalized before Emiliano Delossantos, newly converted to a more attacking midfield role scored from close range on the verge of half time.

The win moved the team into 11th place and with a home match against favoured opponents Long Eaton Archers to follow next week a win in that game could see the team start to make a real move away from the relegation area.

Manager Rich Grove was very relieved after the match. "The pressure going into today's match was high and the players responded in the best way possible by completely dominating our opponents. The scoreline may have been close but we totally outclassed Rhyl, who hopefully won't recover from their start and that will be one less relegation spot available to the rest of us".

"We now host Long Eaton, a team who we beat with ease most seasons knowing another win could give us a cushion over the bottom three. A win next week is a must".

A quiet week behind the scenes as the manager appears no closer to making further deals and seems intent on making the bets of what the squad has for the time being. Whilst further deals are the aim the reality is the market for deals has completely dried up and with the exception of Zizinho, due to arrive around week 9 of next season, little movement is expected.
Charscot got a break from their atrocious league form this week as they travelled to local rivals Wascisco Red Sox for the first round of the cup.

Any hope that the cup would bring a change in performance was short-lived though as the Wolverines put in an inept performance, losing easily 3-1.

The only brief moment of hope was a Joshua Npowa drive to reduce the arrears to 2-1 but it was all for nothing in the end.

After the match Manager Rich Grove cut a forlorn figure. "Simply not good enough. That applies both to today and to the rest of the season. Our lack of quality both going forward and defending is abundantly obvious, and how we can go from being almost unbeatable last season to the mess we currently are is beyond me. If we don't find a way out of the hole we have created for ourselves we will be relegating. We now have to go to bottom side Rhyl next week and win, anything less will simply not do".
Today was a clear sign of the trouble Charscot are in as despite facing a side they beat regularly the team spluttered to a home defeat despite completely dominating the match.

Charscot's problems in attack are abundantly clear, as the team failed to score for the third consecutive match. Spondon produced basically nothing but Charscot's luck is so poor right now that Spondon's solitary shot on goal, after 73 minutes found the net and consigned the Wolverines to a 0-1 reverse.

The team are still fourth from bottom, and any title retention aspirations are now long gone and the team has a long winter struggle ahead if it wants to stay up.

Manager Rich Grove had little to say afterwards. "Simply not good enough. No point in dominating if we are going to allow us to lose to sucker punch attacks like today. This team is an embarrassment right now and a break for the cup will hopefully bring a change of luck as at this point no one wants to watch this lot, myself included."
Charscot hosted unbeaten Real Madrid knowing their season is all but over and with the focus on survival now the priority.

Real's results have seen them draw with the struggling sides and so it proved again today as Charscot had the balance of play but once again couldn't score as the game finished goalless. This was Charscot's third consecutive clean sheet but the team have to start scoring.

The draw leaves the team still in 13th place, only outside the bottom three on goal difference and in real trouble.

Manager Rich Grove was frustrated afterwards. "Despite winning the league last season we lost the corresponding fixture last season so this should be a point gained but we simply have to start winning matches or else we will relegate".

The scouting network finally found a suitable trainee this week. However, the player is more likely to be used in a future swap deal than be kept as he is some seasons away from the finished article.

In the WPL Super Cup the team exited in the group stage again following a 1-1 draw courtesy of a Jairzinho penalty at MTK Budapest.
Charscot traveled to Balham Town looking to end a poor road run where the team had lost consistently and failed to score a goal.

The team corrected partially, gaining their first away point but still can't score as they left with a 0-0 draw.

The reality was that Charscot dominated but were shot shy in the final third and it cost the side as they dropped to 13th, despite closing to within 7 points of top spot.

Manager Rich Grove had little to say after the match. "More of the same as we continue to struggle to score, and it's a relief to at least keep our second clean sheet on the trot. We now host unbeaten Real Madrid and simply have to win and use that as a boost to get our season going as e haven't been good enough yet".

In the Super Cup the team drew 0-0 at Dutch Uncles and are all but out with one game remaining.

A quiet week behind the scenes as the manager still considers his options when it comes to the squad's current personnel.
Charscot hosted Broomhall Tigers looking to maintain their 100% record of wins since the Tigers were formed. With four defeats already this season the match was far from a foregone conclusion for the hosts.

However, the team put in a clinical display as the Wolverines recorded a 3-0 win to move up to 11th place.

The main architect of the win was Jose Maria, whose brace at either end of the match proved crucial, with a Taylor own goal just before half time providing the other goal.

Manager Rich Grove was relieved but cautious post-match. "We really needed this win but it will mean little if we don't build on this and start performing regularly. We simply haven't been good enough away from home and have to start winning on the road or else we will struggle to stay up."

"We go to Balham Town, where we have 8 points from our last 4 visits, and a win is really needed as we look to generate a run of positive form".

In the Super Cup the team drew 1-1 with Long Eaton Archers, a result that still keeps alive the team's long shot chances of progression with two matches remaining.
Charscot traveled to local rivals Rivendell desperate to get back to winning ways and pull out of the bottom three.

Recent performances have been fairly average with what little luck that has been going not going for the Wolverines and today was to be no different.

In a game where neither team impressed the hosts proved far more capable in front of the net and a goal in each half was enough to extend Charscot's lamentable form.

The result leaves the team in 14th place and with 4 defeats already after just five games.

Manager Rich Grove was fuming post match. "This is simply unacceptable. We are lurching from defeat to defeat, player's forms are poor and they seem disinterested in putting in the work required to get back to winning ways. It's beginning to look like what I thought was going to be a settled squad in reality is a squad in need of fresh input".

The team followed up the league defeat with another loss in the Super Cup, this time a Jairzinho goal couldn't stop a 2-1 loss at home to MTK Budapest.
Charscot hosted Salford City F.C in a meeting of the last 3 Champions with the two sides having contrasting fortunes. City came into the match flying high in top spot with an undefeated start whilst Charscot have been excruciatingly bad so far and looking incapable of playing to their usual standards that had seen two titles and a third place in the last 3 seasons.

As it was it was no surprise to see Salford go two up despite Charscot creating more chances as the visitors continue to prove more efficient and Jairzinho's superb lob on 76 minutes was scant consolation as the team lost 2-1.

The loss dropped the team into the bottom three and already seven points adrift of top spot after a mere four matches.

Manager Rich Grove was inconsolable post match. "We simply haven't been good enough and our inability to keep clean sheets or score at the normal high levels we aspire to have left us with a record that is only going to get worse if the players don't improve."

"There is no shame in losing to a side like City who are having a great start but the reality is if we want to compete at the top we have to take our chances and stop stinking it up at every given opportunity. There will come a point when there are no more personnel changes possible at which point we either look for deals or accept relegation , and I never want to accept relegation".

In the Super Cup Charscot lost 2-0 at home to Dutch Uncles to complete a miserable week and with no sign of change on the horizon it will be down to the current squad to get the club out of the dire situation they find themselves in.
Charscot traveled to local rivals Beeston Athletic looking to bounce back from a heavy away defeat in their previous trip. With a good record against Athletic hopes were high of gaining the first away points of the season.

Those hopes were to prove misguided as an Alain Sutter goal just past the hour mark gave the hosts the win.

The loss dropped the team to 11th place and four points off of top placed side Slaford City F.C, who visit The Blue Silver Stadium next week.

Manager Rich Grove was not sympathetic post match. "Our players have no one to blame but themselves and need to resolve these poor away performances, whilst maintaining the home record or else this season will be over before it has barely begun. We now host Salford in a game we simply cannot afford to lose."

The WPL Super Cup began with Charscot recording a 2-1 win at Long Eaton Archers with a Jairzinho brace.

In other news Kierrison signed a contract extension that takes the player into his early 30's and in all likelihood he will now stay until he retires.
Charscot's first home game of the season was a tricky one as local rivals Wascisco Red Sox, who were top six last season, visited.

The hosts had a major overhaul, as the manager, deeply frustrated by last week's performance, changed no less than six of the starting XI and awarding league debuts to three players.

One of those debutants, Chris Kunitz, took just twelve minutes to open the scoring with a fine chip from just outside the area.

The lead was doubled on 26 minutes as Sandor Kocsis, who has had few opportunities to play in his time at the club, with a superb chip of his own.

The Sox got a goal back just before half time but this would prove to be their only reward.

On 73 minutes Jairzinho scored from close range before another debutant Mahmoud El-Khatib scored a tap in to finish the scoring at 4-1 and ensure this was the firts time in the club's history that two players had scored on their debut in the same match.

The win sends the team up to 8th and with just two sides with 100% records the team will be fully focused on going on a winning run, or at least an  unbeaten run, to ensure they are challenging at the top as soon as possible.

Manager Rich Grove was satisfied afterwards. "Not often that i feel the need to make such drastic changes to the line up but it was time to find out what the rest of the squad could do after last week's loss. The players all rewarded myself and the fans with a superb performance and have shown they are the equals of any player they replaced. They will now be tested on the road and hopefully they can come through that test at Beeston Athletic next week with another win".

James Barnes signed a one year extension and the trainers will now be concentrating on perfecting his heading thi season so he can push for a starting spot.
Charscot were looking to put on a Champions' quality display to start the new season but instead they put on a display comparable to chumps as they weakly surrendered at St Joseph's BC losing 4-0.

The bulk of the damage was done in the first half as the team allowed three goals and by the time the fourth went in the game had long since ceased to be a contest.

The result leaves the team 15th after one game and the manager was in an unforgiving mood post match.

"That was simply disgraceful. There is no disgrace in losing to BC but the manner and scoreline are unacceptable. There will be a lot of changes for next week and if it becomes clear that some players haven't got what it takes to maintain the high standards I expect of them then they will be gone in double quick time."

The draw for the S.L.F.A. Cup sees the team drawn away to top flight side Wascisco Red Sox, one of fourall top flight matches in the first round.

After last week signing a new contract this week keeper Henri Barthez  left the club by mutual consent after deciding he needed to be starting matches, something that couldn't be guaranteed. He subsequently joined Dep El Celtico where he will hope to help them return to the Premier Division.

One other transfer saw James Barnes arrive from Ropery Trinity of the MOA. James is going to be given the training required to perfect his tackling before then making a run at the first team line up (which could come quite soon based on this week; result !!).
Charscot finished the most successful season in their history with a trip to relegation threatened Dep El Celtico. Results elsewhere meant a 2-0 win for Dep El would keep them up but the reality was the Champions looked assured in an even match and their class shone through to win 2-0 and relegate the hosts.

Npowa's early goal in the second half was added to with a last minute strike by Jose Maria to win the league by 13 points.

Manager Rich Grove was beaming post match. "An amazing season from the players as we have won the league by an enormous margin, and no one can doubt we are deserved Champions. Every player has played their part and the next challenge is to come back next season and win the league again. If we can take a third title in four seasons we will be able to seriously consider this a dynasty, until then we cannot".

The team has broken a number of records in a season that has been a clear success with the club's third title.

The team's 21 wins breaks the previous record of 19 in 2009/10 and 2014/15 whilst their 4 total losses ties a record for fewest losses, previously attained in 2008/9 and last season.

The team's 68 points clearly bests the previous record of 61 points.

Away from home has been the crucial factor in the season where the team won 12 games, beating the record of 10 in 2009/10 and with only one defeat, beating the record of 2 losses in 2002/3 and 2008/9.

The team demolished the previous record of scoring in consecutive away matches. The record was 10 matches and now the new record is at more than double that, 21 game and counting.

The team also managed to score 3 in consecutive matches to tie a best done many times and for the first time scored 4 in consecutive matches.

With another season completed the winners of the different player awards are announced.

First up is the Player of the Year award and this year's winner is Willian Da Silva. Willian has proven crucial to the team's success with his scoring and creativity from midfield and he narrowly beat keeper Jess Hall, who has proven his worth to the squad in a bounce back year.

The Young Player of the Year award was looking to be a close fought battle early on in the season but once Ademir and Svensson left the club there was only ever going to be one winner, keeper Gianpiero Combi. Combi will now spend a season at Castle Rock Furies where he hopefully will gain sufficient experience to oust one of the current 3 keepers at the club.

This season sees two players joining the club's Hall of Fame with Willian Da Silva and Rob Rensenbrink being selected. Willian's contributions have been clear from start to finish and Rob's introduction at a crucial time in the season saw him score crucial winning goals that turned a close title chase into a clear victory.

Two keepers confirmed their futures as Rioja and Barthez both signed one season extensions. With Combi going out on loan next week one or both of them could get a shot at first choice depending on incumbent Hall's form.

Most deals are now completed with just James Barnes due to arrive later this week and Zizino not due at gthe club for another 40 or so weeks.
Charscot hosted Shaolin F.C in a match that meant more to the  record books than it did in any meaningful way. Shaolin for their part have an atrocious record against Charscot and were hoping to catch the hosts in a party mood whilst the new Champions were looking to build on the club's largest ever points total.

The visitors were to be disappointed as Charscot continue to beat all before them, recording a 2-1 win that moves the team to 65 points.

It started brightly for Shaolin, who took the lead on 13 minutes but that goal was cancelled out on the half hour mark as Kierrison hit a brilliant 25 yard free kick.

The hosts got the winner early in the second half as Rob Rensenbrink continued his excellent run of scoring with a magnificent header.

The visitors rarely threatened and Charscot were happy to play out the final minutes and take another win.

The win keeps the team clear by ten points with one game, away to 16th placed Dep El Celtico left.

Manager Rich Grove was delighted after the match. "That was a strong showing for a team that has spent much of the week celebrating a deserve title win. We have one more week of relative relaxation and then back to start afresh for a new season."

The manager moved to reassure some players of their future as Mahmoud El-Khatib signed a one year extension and Emiliano Delossantos signed a three year extension.

One player leaving is Luciano Zauti, who retires after next week's match. It is understood he will be involved in the final match of the season having just returned from injury.
Charscot travelled to The Academy knowing a point would confirm a third title for the club. The Academy for their part are in a battle for third place and have done well against Charscot at Estadio Olympia in recent seasons so the Wolverines knew a hard battle awaited them.

The visitors got off to a perfect start as Rob Rensenbrink lobbed the keeper from thirty yards out for a sublime goal.

The Academy leveled on 26 minutes through Aviles' strike but as the match progressed it was clear Charscot were relatively calm and composed and looked like playing out the draw they needed.

When the referee blew the final whistle the fans celebrated with a pitch invasion, carrying the players on their shoulders  off of the pitch.

As it turned out the point was unnecessary as rivals Rhyl F.C surprisingly lost at home to struggling Spondon.

Charscot now have a ten point lead with two games left, and have broken the club points total record, that was previously 61 and was exceeded with today's point.

Manager Rich Grove was ecstatic post match. "This has been a truly superb season, and we have fully deserved the title. Our first title was a last gasp one, won on the final day, our second we led for long periods and this one was even more assured as we led the division for half a season in total".

"We now look ahead, and with a settled squad and a few players still to be filtered into the starting XI hopes are high we can maintain our challenge for top spot for the foreseeable future. If we continue to work hard hopefully we will have the slice of luck all sides need from time to time and we can combine the two to continue to be a league leading side".

"Thanks to all our fans for their continued support, and well done to all our rivals who have pushed us all season and ultimately made us a better team and club as a result".

One of three players to have convinced the manager of his future worth is keeper Jess Hall, who was expected to leave this season with the club having four keepers for next season, but whose performances have changed the manager's mind as he offered him a one year extension this season that was duly signed by the player.

With two weeks left in the season the last of the 17 year olds will be sold or placed on the market this week, whilst youth keeper Combi will be promoted to the first team with time short to get him to sign a contract before he is loaned out for the new season.

The draw for next season's WPL Super Cup was made and Charscot face Long Eaton Archers, Dutch Uncles and MTK Budapest in the group stages.
Charscot returned home to face local rivals Ziaste Nequeno knowing a continuance of the team's great form with another win would realistically secure the club's third title.

The team were fired up for the match and that was reflected in cards for Jess Hall and Willian Da Silva as tempers threatened to boil over.

Time appeared to be running out as news of second placed Rhyl's convincing win filtered through but the hosts weren't going to make a mistake this close to the title and substitute Lars Stock scored with a magnificent diving header with twelve minutes left.

The header was more than enough to secure the three points as Ziaste offered nothing going forward.

The win leaves the team 9 points clear with three games left and a 21 goal advantage that surely secures an unbeatable lead at the top.

Manager Rich Grove was delighted afterwards. "A hard fought match but a deserved win and from here the title really is ours as Rhyl don't win by large enough scores and we don't tend to lose heavily. We will wait on celebrating when it is mathematically certain but I am very proud of the efforts of the players to secure our second title in three seasons and our third overall".

Little news behind the scene as it seems most deals are done or agreed and the next news on the horizon will be the draw for next season's WPL Super Cup, which will be made next Sunday.
Charscot travelled to Long Eaton Archers looking to break the club's seasonal away win record that stood at 10 games. Archers are in the middle of a relegation battle and have proven tricky opponents at Matlock Road Stadium, with Charscot taking 3 draws from their last five visits to the ground.

As it was Charscot turned in a performance of control and quality as th team raced into a two goal lead in the first half hour after Delossantos and then Kierrison both scored from close range.

The match was in it's final throes as news sifted through that rivals Rhyl FC had lost at home and the team grew visibly nervous, conceding a last gasp goal, before the final whistle went and the jubilant away fans began celebrating.

The win moves Charscot 9 points clear with four games left and with an enormous goal difference advantage one win will give the team the title.

Manager Rich Grove was delighted after the match. "That was a nerve wracking but highly enjoyable match as the players put in the sort of performance that Champions have to put in to be successful. We have four games left and we really should get over the finish line now with two local derbies and the opponent we beta most often, Shaolin F.C, still left to play."

The team return home to face Ziaste Nequeno, local rivals who themselves are surprisingly safe from relegation after another well fought end to the season pulled them out of the bottom three and away.

With the season nearing it's end players from the youth team are leaving with the latest being Corfield and Schulz and Winterbotham due to leave next Monday.

There are two outstanding deals of players still to come in with James Barnes arriving in four weeks and Zizinho not arriving for another 45 or so weeks.
Charscot hosted second placed Rhyl F.C knowing a win would give the Wolverines a decent gap with games running out in the season.

The fans arrived early and the atmosphere was intimidating and it showed as Rhyl failed to show the strengths that have made them into the only title challengers this season to Charscot. Despite the 1-0 scoreline make no mistake, this was a dominant performance from Charscot who could easily have won by far more.

As it was the game was decided by Valentino Van Drunen's 62nd minute toe poke from close range.

The win moves Charscot six clear with five to play and with a goal difference so large it is clearly worth an extra point.

Manager Rich Grove was ecstatic afterwards. "This was as big a match as we have had in two seasons and to put on a performance like that with the pressure on is all I could have asked for. We now go into the final five games knowing three wins will give us the title. However, we cannot afford to get complacent as we face a number of sides who have had success against us lately and all can still be lost".

After much debate in the media the final moves were made by the manager to ensure a squad for the future is in place. The manager agreed to the immediate transfer of Artur Coimbra and the youth foreign player with James Barnes arriving from Ropery Trinity for the start of the new season. Barnes will require a little work but with all training spots available next season this was not an obstacle to completing a deal.

With the decision made to convert Kierrison to a defender next season this leaves no decisions to be made regarding the older players and it now looks like the squad is settled upon with just excess youth players to be sold over the next month.

Meanwhile Mahmoud El-Khatib signed a contract extension, with it being hoped he will sign a longer one at the end of the season.
Charscot travelled to Spondon Dynamos looking to continue their great record against the hosts, who have always struggled to beat Charscot.

As it was the visitors controlled the match but had to rely on substitute Rob Rensenbrink to secure the win.

After going behind just ten minutes in Charscot took until the 74th minute to pull level as Rensenbrink headed in from close range.

Four minutes later Rensenbrink scored with a brilliant free kick to secure the three points.

The away win meant Charscot matched the club record of 10 away league wins and they have three games left to break the record. Charscot have also now beaten Spondon more than any other side (23) with more doubles (6) than against anyone else.

Manager Rich Grove could barely hide his excitement when the final whistle went, rushing to congratulate his players.

"That was such an important match for us with second playing third. We knew a win would mean either an extended lead or the title race becoming a two horse race. We now know it is the latter and next week;s match against second placed Rhyl F.C becomes the biggest game for us in quite some time and we need to be fully focused and make sure we don't lose".

The squad is a lot closer to taking shape with Mahmoud El-Khatib's transfer from Kilburn United being completed and Chris Kunitz completing his training. It now leaves the club in the enviable position of having all training spots free as the one trainee (Combi) is expected to go out on loan next season to gain experience.
Charscot travelled to struggling Real Madrid knowing they had to return to winning ways after last week's goalless draw. Real for their part were looking to get out of the bottom three.

The Wolverines put in a strong performance and recovered well to going a goal behind on 21 minutes through a Lev Chernobylsky's volley.

Seven minutes later Artur Coimbra hit a superb 25 yarder before Valentino Van Drunen hit a superb lob on 54 minutes to take the lead.

The hosts never looked like scoring again and Charscot ran out 2-1 winners to say three points clear at the top.

Manager Rich Grove was happy but cautious afterwards. "This was an important win but we now have a big fortnight as we play Spondon and then main challengers Rhyl in two games that could go a long way to determining who is to win the league this season".

A busy day as Baily Cargill signed a contract extension and later in the day Mahmoud El-Khatib joined from Chaddesden Celtic after spending almost two seasons being trained after the deal was agreed to buy him.
Charscot have struggled to break down Balham Town over the years and so it proved again as the fifth placed side did enough to secure a battling goalless draw that left the home fans frustrated.

The draw sees Charscot's lead at the top reduced to three points with eight games left in the season and with Charscot due to play both second and third this month it is very clear nothing is close to being decided yet.

Manager Rich Grove was brief post-match. "Not the performance we wanted on the back of five consecutive wins but sometimes it can be just as important to get something when not playing at our best. We now travel to struggling Real Madrid knowing a win is very much needed".

After some paperwork issues last week the deal with A.F.C Binfeld was completed today as Baily Cargill arrived and Ademir and Svenssen left.
Charscot travelled to Broomhall Lions knowing any points would be a good result having never scored in five previous trips to Lions Den.

With the team having won four on the trot and the Lions having one win in eight hopes were high the Wolverines could finally end their bad record at Lions.

The match proved to be a cagey affair and Charscot finally got the win, courtesy of a fourth minute penalty, coolly slotted home by Joshua Npowa after a foul on Artur Coimbra.

With Rhyl drawing Charscot moved five points clear of them and new second placed side The Academy, who themselves have won seven straight.

Manager Rich Grove was very relieved afterwards. "We didn't go into this game with much confidence, despite our recent form, and to come away with a battling win is a good sign as we edge further clear at the top. We need to focus over the next few games and if we can maintain our run of good form hopefully we can go further clear at the top".

After much speculation the manager confirmed a deal has been agreed with A.F.C Binfield that sees youth stars Ademir and Thorbjorn Svenssen leave the club. Arriving in their place is Baily Cargill, an 18yo who is expected to be involved in the main 13 come next season.

One piece of good news as the team's attack on defence rating finally reached brilliant this week.
Charscot hosted fourth placed A.F.C Binfield looking to continue their good form over the visitors, who had only one of seven visits to Charscot and lost the last 3 in the league.

With the game moved for the television cameras the hosts were aware that Rhyl had lost so a win would move the team three points clear (effectively four points with goal difference so superior to their rivals).

As it was Charscot put on a superb performance routing Binfield 4-1 in a relatively one-sided affair.

Willian Da Silva scored a simple tap in on 29 minutes to secure a half time lead which was quickly doubled as substitute Lars Stock scored with his first touch, a spectacular volley from twenty yards.

Luciano Zauti then scored his first of the season in his final season with a tap in five minutes later.

Mirante scored a consolation in the 73rd minute before substitute Rob Rensenbrink himself scored from the penalty spot after being fouled to complete the scoring.

Charscot now travel to 15th placed Broomhall Lions, a team with seven losses in eight, and will be hoping to finally score and win at the Lions, having failed to score in five trips to Broomhall.

Manager Rich Grove was delighted after the match. "A spectacular performance against a top quality side and manager, the perfect performance to follow on from last week's 4-2 win. If we can maintain this form over the next month or so we could make the title chase very hard for our rivals. However, we have to be wary of complacency, particularly considering our poor record at the Lions".
Charscot travelled to Champions Salford City F.C knowing they needed to maintain their good form over the hosts, who had only beaten the Wolverines once in 13 previous meetings. That one win was in this fixture last season so the visitors went into the game optimistic but also cautious a they looked to put pressure on leaders Rhyl F.C

The match was a goalfest that was turned on it's head by a substitute.

Charscot took the lead through Valentino Van Drunen's17th minute close range goal but two goals just before half time gave the hosts a lead at the interval.

Jose Maria scored a close range goal himself on 59 minutes to level the score, setting the game up for substitute Rob Rensenbrink.

Rensenbrink had only returned to the club from a loan during the week and he immediately made an impact as he scored two in a minute within six minutes of coming off the bench. After a drive from ten yards he quickly followed that up with a weaving run and a cool finish to give the visitors a 4-2 lead they wouldn't relinquish.

The win moved the team to top spot on goal difference after Rhyl drew their game as Charscot return home to face a very tough opponent in fourth placed A.F.C Binfield.

Manager Rich Grove was delighted afterwards. "This is a very good result against a side we seem to enjoy playing and we now have to try to maintain our winning run and extend it beyond the current 3 games it stands at. Binfield are a very hard side at the best of times and sooner or later will win the league so we are not taking anything for granted next week by any means".
Charscot's recent form had been poor before lat week's derby win and the team returned home to host another local rival, Beeston Athletic, in another must win game.

Beeston's record against Charscot at The Blue Silver Stadium is lamentable, with just one point picked up from seven previous visits and that record proved a good sing as Charscot won 1-0.

Beeston actually put up a much better show than they normally do in this fixture and an even match was decided by a close range effort from Valentino Van Drunen on 14 minutes (his fifth goal in the last four meetings between the sides).

The win keeps the team within two points of leaders Rhyl, who continue to win with regularity, as Charscot move five points clear of A.F.C Binfield, who seem to lose at the most inappropriate times to hinder their own challenge.

Manager Rich Grove was happy but wary post match. "A good result in a match that was a hard battle, rather than one of our more impressive outings. The pressure to keep in touch at the top is being felt by a few of the players and we have to hope that we can get a long winning run on the back of the last couple of weeks as we head into a run of hard matches."

The team will indeed find things harder with Champions Salford City followed by third placed A.F.C Binfield upcoming and if the team maintains or reduces the gap in the next fortnight it will be a job well done.

A quiet week behind the scenes after last week's transfer talks as the manager ponders the future of a few players.
Charscot's recent form has been poor as the team have thrown away a lead at the top and went into this game knowing any more dropped points could see Rhyl pull away at the top of the table.

Charscot travelled to sixth placed Wascisco whilst Rhyl travelled to third placed A.F.C Binfield and fourth and fifth played each other to complete a match up of the top sides.

As it was the Wolverines had little to worry about as they dominated the match and won with close range goals in each half from William Da Silva and Kierrison.

The win kept the club two points adrift of top spot as Rhyl won, allowing a gap of four points to open up below Charscot.

Manager Rich Grove was very relieved post match. "After our recent loss of form this was a must win game and a little pressure is released with this big win. Our away form this season has been exceptional, with only one draw and one loss so far and we have to be moire dominant and successful at home, starting next week when we host Beeston Athletic".

Athletic will arrive knowing their record at Charscot is abysmal with just one point from seven games at The Blue Silver Stadium and the hosts will want to maintain that record.

After weeks of speculation the manager confirmed another deal for the future as Joao Francisco Espinosa and the youth foreign midfielder are allowed to leave the club with Zizinho due to arrive from Kilburn United in fifty odd weeks after completing his youth training.

Espinosa has left today, joining Spondon in the interim, whilst the youth will leave at a later date as he looks to make the most of playing in a youth team that wins most weeks.

The future of Ademir ans Svensson continues to be murky as neither has shown the improvements needed yet and it wouldn't be a surprise to see one or both go before the season ends, be it via a swap deal(s) or the market.
Charscot went into the first games of the second half of the season looking to end a blip in form that has cost them top spot and the fans hoping for progression in the cup.

With two matches at home the Wolverines had the perfect chance to use that advantage but instead put in two very poor performances that cost them in both competitions.

In the league bottom club St Joseph's BC took a 2-1 win with Charscot just having a Valentino Van Drunen twenty yarder just after half time to show for their efforts.

In the cup third placed A.F.C Binfield visited for the tie of the round, as reflected by live tv coverage. Whilst the cameras turned up the home team didn't as the visitors recorded as easy a 3-0 away win as you could want to have.

The league loss leaves the team a point off of top spot as the leaders lost too, but Charscot's cup vanquishers A.F.C Binfield moved to within a point of the club, just behind in third place and at present look the likely Champions.

Manager Rich Grove was fuming after the match. "That was ineptitude of the highest order in both matches. Whilst our focus was on the league, not that you could tell, we should at least have made a game of the cup tie before exiting. The league result is simply unacceptable and at this point I have to question the desire of the squad to actually want the title.
Changes will be made as I am not watching more rubbish like that. Unfortunately injuries will limit my choices for now but this week won't be forgotten when I look at the squad for next season I can assure you all".
Charscot hosted local rivals Dep El Celtico looking to maintain a one point lead at the top of the table.

Celtico hadn't beaten Charscot in the previous six meetings but made up for it with a stolen three points that sent Charscot down to second place.

It all started so well for the hosts when Willian Da Silva scored just past the half hour mark with a magnificent shot.

The visitors took just three minutes to equalise and a goal early in the second half sent the home fans home very unhappy.

Charscot now find themselves tow points adrift of surprise leaders Rhyl F.C at the halfway stage in the season.

Manager Rich Grove was very unhappy afterwards. "Simply not acceptable. If we can't beat the likes of Dep El then we don't deserve anything this season and the players need to take a long hard look at their own performances and get back to what put us top before".

"We now simply have to beat St Joseph's BC next week or else we will lose even more distance to the leaders".

A quiet day behind the scenes as it is believed the manager is looking at his options for the squad for the future with some players expected to leave, particularly after losing out on an auction market target.
Charscot travelled to struggling Shaolin F.C looking to build on only one loss at Shaolin in 14 previous visits.

Shaolin have struggled for wins but also lost few games this season and were no doubt confident of gaining something from the match.

This confidence looked well placed as a five minute double blast found Charscot trailing 2-0 within half an hour.

Early in the second half Joshua Npowa scored a brilliant header to give the Wolverines hope but those hopes looked to be fading as the visitors twice hit the woodwork when it was easier to score.

As the game entered time added on Willian Da Silva scored from close range to gain a valuable point potentially.

The point keeps the team a point clear at the top as the team reaches halfway next week with a home derby match.

Manager Rich Grove had mixed emotions afterwards. "With such a good record against Shaolin anything less than a win feels initially disappointing. However, they have taken points off of us frequently at their place lately and with time running out and trailing a draw is actually a good result really".

"We now return home and have to beat Dep El to finish a satisfactory first half of the season, as we look to build on the good work in the second half of the season".

Jermeine Keane completed his exit via the auction market today with Hellfire Wolfpack of the RH paying 31,009,009, a new club record in terms of money received in a deal.

The manager has looked to re-invest this money, bidding immediately on another player on the market. It is believed this bid will be unsuccessful though with other teams looming and waiting to bid over the next two days.

One short term departure this week as Henri Barthez has joined Callie Athletic on loan. Callie have suffered some injuries and wanted a more experienced keeper for the next few weeks and the club was happy to help out their neighbours.
Charscot went into their match against fourth placed The Academy on the back of five consecutive wins in league and cup and looking top ut pressure on second placed Rhyl F.C.

The Wolverines had ten points from the last four meetings at home to The Academy so hopes were high of another win and those hopes were to prove well founded as the visitors were routed 4-0.

Charscot were in top form creatively, scoring four and twice more hitting the woodwork with a first half blitz as Jose Maria, Kierrison and Artur Coimbra all scored from close range.

Jose claimed his second with a brilliant free kick from 25 yards shortly into the second half and that was it for the scoring.

The win moved Charscot into sole first place as Rhyl F.C lost and with a goal difference light years ahead of the rest the lead is really four points.

Manager Rich Grove was happy but cautious afterwards. "Today;s performance was superb, as we thrashed an exceptionally good side with a very good manager. Incredibly pleasing to see us go clear, albeit far too early to be getting carried away yet. We face a number of struggling sides in the next few weeks and simply have to do everything we can to extend our winning run for as long as possible and take a real stranglehold at the top of the division".

Behind the scenes the latest foreign find was signed and will spend this season and next in the youth team before being listed to generate cash, barring any deal being agreed involving him in the meantime.

With three days left Jermeine Keane's current auction market bid has exceeded expectations and not being a greedy manager further advertising will cease.
Charscot travelled to local rivals Ziaste Nequeno looking to extend their winning run to five games and remain top of the table.

Nequeno have proven hard to beat with no less than 7 draws this season and a close battle was both anticipated and the reality.

Charscot scraped home thanks to Joshua Npowa's 25th minute tap in after a mazy run.

The win keeps the team top on goal difference and with a four point gap to third place after A.G.C Binfield lost.

Manager Rich Grove was relieved afterwards. "That was always going to be a hard battle despite their less than competent manager so the three points are exactly what we needed. The run needs to continue as we have 3 home games in the next four league matches, starting with a hard match against fourth placed The Academy next week".

A breakdown in the paperwork resulted in a week's delay to Casey Jones transfer to Spondon Dynamos.

Meanwhile the scout found a very promising youth midfielder. His future won't lie at Charscot but his all round skills should see a good deal obtained for him in a package or a sizable sum via the auction market towards the end of the season.
Charscot returned home on the back of a 3 game winning run to face Long Eaton Archers. The Archers have been the gift that just keeps giving, having not won at The Blue Silver Stadium in 14+ years and only achieving three draws in 13 matches.

The hosts were confident they could maintain their excellent record but a frustrating first half saw neither side impress and the match turned on the substitutes.

Jairzinho came on after 59 minutes and 3 minutes later scored from close range for his fourth club goal as a substitute (18 in total).

Lars Stock then decided to get in on the act, scoring his first career goal within eight minutes of coming on as a substitute with another close range goal.

The win moved the team into top spot on goal difference over Rhyl F.C

Manager Rich Grove was relived afterwards. "This was always a game we should be winning so the pressure was on to maintain our excellent run. We now need to move forward and try to win at local rivals Ziaste Nequeno next week and attempt to pull out a lead at the top".

A quiet week as the team has little on the horizon expected, although the manager is still considering deals for their youth players.

One piece of business was the signing of Gianpiero Combi from Lowland Juniors of the RH for a fee in excess of 11,500,000. The keeper will be looking to force the manager into offloading one of the club's other keepers come the end of the season.
Charscot travelled to leaders Rhyl F.C knowing they had to put in a top class performance if they were to avoid the gap at the top becoming even greater.

This was the Wolverines fourth tv game of the season (third live) and their televised record went to played four, won four as the team won 1-0, a scoreline that was more comfortable than it may appear.

The only goal came from Joshua Npowa on the hour mark with a simple shot from six yards out.

The hosts showed little in the final third and Charscot cruised to their fourth away win from five away games this season.

The win keeps the team second and now just two points adrift of Rhyl.

Manager Rich Grove was delighted afterwards. "A superb performance, one which all our players can be proud of, to beat a team in the rich vein of form that Rhyl are in is no easy feat. We now move on and look to build on a solid start with the first third of the season completed".

The clean sheet was Jess Hall's 46th, a new club record, breaking Alan Price's record of 45. However, it took Jess 21 extra games to reach the mark.

The cup draw sees Charscot facing another top flight side as third placed A.F.C Binfield will visit in 6 week's time. Binfield have made the trip once before in the cup, winning 3-2 in the third round of the 2011/12 season.

Deals continue to be completed as Joao Francisco Espinosa arrived, another foreign player left the club and Casey Jones is expected to be gone in a week's time.
Charscot went to fellow Premier league side St Joseph's BC with half an eye on next week's big league match and used this cup tie to experiment.

Whilst the initial results are favourable the true worth of them will be clear at the end of next week's match.

However, for today the results were impressive as Charscot cruised to a second round match with a 3-1 away win.

Joshua Npowa scored his first of the season with a close range tap in on 32 minutes, before Valentino Van Drunen similarly tapped home on 56 minutes.

Seven minutes later Willian Da Silva finished off a desperate scramble and the win was assured.

The hosts got a consolation goal two minutes later with a superb free kick but that was the last time the scoreline was affected.

Manager Rich Grove was happy afterwards. "A decent performance and if we can show as much creativity, and more importantly, finishing, next week hopefully we can close the gap on the leaders".

After rumours of potential transfers last week it was no surprise when the manager pulled the trigger on a deal sending Nikiforenko and Angulo to local rivals Vanbrugh Royals with Radoslaw Majewski arriving in exchange. Radoslaw has been expertly trained and is expected to compete for a starting spot with immediate effect.

In a deal involving trainees Charscot also agreed to send Casey Jones to Kilburn United of the Will Scarlet league in exchange for Joao Francisco Espinosa. Espinosa needs some work, as did Jones, and it looks like a fresh start for each player.

After no change to the club badge in over a decade the club officially unveiled the new club logo this past week with all areas of the web site and kit now proudly showing the new design. Special thanks to the creator of the new (and indeed the original) logo, Natasha Grove, who was commissioned to provide the updated version.
Charscot hosted Spondon Dynamos, looking to bounce back from a first home loss in nearly two seasons last week. Spondon for their part had a bad start to the season but won their last three games to seemingly get their season off and running.

With a "break" week for the cup next week before traveling to leaders Rhyl Charscot were fully focused on today's match and it showed as the team made the most of their chances to grab an important 2-1 win.

Jose Maria scored his fifth goal in the last five meetings of these sides at The Blue Silver Stadium on 36 minutes with a simple finish after a mazy run.

Three minutes into the second half Harry Arter got his first of the season with a spectacular drive from a cleared corner to double the lead.

Spondon fought back with an Azeez tap in on 66 minutes but Charscot held firm to take a good win.

The win moved the side into second spot, still five points behind the leaders, with the next league match clearly crucial to both sides even at this early stage.

Manager Rich Grove was content post match. "Not our bets performance by any means but we were efficient and took an important three points. Next week will be about experimenting at St Joseph's BC in preparation for the Rhyl trip".

Rumours are circling the club that the manager is looking to reduce the number of trainees and a deal is expected this week. Whether it is a large swap deal or a simple loan only time will tell.
Charscot hosted struggling Real Madrid knowing there was little to gain and much to lose from a clear banana skin match. The team was unbeaten at home in their last 21 matches and faced a Real side that had one point from seven matches.

With so much history on the hosts' side it all looked bright when Matej Sindelar scored from close range after 8 minutes.

However, a four minute double blast was enough to send Charscot crashing to defeat with Milijas' bundled shot on 21 minutes followed on 25 minutes with a Recchi header.

Despite almost constant pressure Charscot couldn't find another goal and at the final whistle were booed off of the pitch by their frustrated fans.

The loss didn't affect the team's third place but it did extend the gap to the top to five points.

Manager Rich Grove cut a sorry figure post match. "Not what we wanted, needed or should have expected. Simply not good enough. When you face a team low on confidence a win has to be worked for and grabbed, we didn't do that today. We now host another struggling side, Spondon, although they have win 3 on the trot, and simply must win".

"I am seriously considering the constitution of the squad and may well look to deal from the vast choices in the youth squad".

In the Super Cup Charscot's poor campaign finished with a 1-1 draw at home to Whitebrook Rangers, with Larsson scoring a late equaliser.

Off the field the deal with Astral was completed as Aarbakk and Preczoli left the club.
Charscot travelled to Balham Town knowing that the hosts would provide a hard battle despite having lost their last three matches.

The recent poor run clearly put the pressure on the hosts, who looked unsettled for this live televised match and it was no surprise when Artur Coimbra scored following a defensive mix up three minutes before half time.

The match looked like finishing one nil until the introduction of substitute Jairzinho. Jairzinho had been an automatic starter until starting the season injured and it will be hard for the manager to leave him on the bench if he keeps playing the way he did in the 31 minutes he was on the field.

Within 5 minutes he had score his first of the season, scrambling home from close range.

Then with 7 minutes left he was brutally upended for a penalty, which he took himself, sending the keeper the wrong way to make it 3-0.

He became only the second player to score two goals as a substitute in a game for the club, matching Kierrison's feat some 7 seasons ago.

The win moved the team into third place and just two points off of top spot after previous leaders Rhyl Town were beaten easily 2-0 by Wascisco.

Manager Rich Grove was very pleased afterwards. "That was a very good performance against a very good side and manager. We need to keep playing the way we have the last two weeks, as we have produced back to back dominating 3-0 wins, and look to beat bottom side Real Madrid at our place next week. Anything less than a win next week will be a disappointment in the circumstances".

The team return home to defend an unbeaten home record going back to the season before last, against a side with just one point from seven matches. Clearly a potential banana skin so the team will need to be fully focused.

The team lost again the WPL Super Cup, this time losing 3-1 at home to Barton Blitz as the team continued to under perform in the cup.

Meanwhile behind the scenes a deal is reaching it's completion with Aarbakk and Preczoli due to arrive at Astral FC of the RH next Monday to finish the deal that brought Lars Stock to the club.
Charscot returned home desperate to extend their unbeaten home run that goes back to the season before last following last week's first loss of the season.

Visitors Broomhall Lions had had an almost identical start to the season, only trailing Charscot on goal difference but the Lions have a very poor record against the Wolverines and that showed as once again the hosts took full advantage to record a much needed win.

The hosts won 3-0 but the score could have been double that as the team dominated from the off.

It took just 30 seconds for Willian Da Silva to open the scoring with a chip from 30 yards and ten minutes later Artur Coimbra doubled the lead with another sweet lob, this time from 25 yards.

The team got the third with eleven minutes left as Kierrison scored from close range.

The win moved Charscot into fourth position as they team approaches games against slumping Balham Town and rock bottom Real Madrid.

Manager Rich Grove was delighted after the match. "That win was very satisfying as we needed to get back to winning ways and with our opponents not showing the class or respect that the rest of us show for each other the result was doubly satisfying on a personal level. Some games are worth more than the obvious three points and this game was one of those".

"We need to make the most of our start as we face two quality sides who have struggled for form this season, Balham Town and Real Madrid. Both sides are better than their positions and we need to be cautious in our outlook and not allow ourselves to become over confident".

In the WPL Super Cup an exit after the group stages seems likely as the team lost again this time 2-1 at Atletico Madrid and claiming one of the best runner's up spots seems a long shot with two games remaining.

Better news came in the form of recent signing Lars Stock extending his contract by a further two seasons.
Charscot travelled to A.F.C Binfield looking to extend their run against the hosts that extended to 8 games unbeaten and 6 consecutive wins.

Binfield are a top quality side and title challengers so a win was far from expected despite the recent history of meetings and the manager was wary pre-match.

Those concerns looked misplaced when Valentino Van Drunen scored with a close range drive on 29 minutes.

A.F.C are made of stern stuff and bounced back five minutes later as Matt Ritchie scored a brilliant goal.

The match looked to be heading for a draw but with four minutes left Ritchie scored with a magnificent volley to secure all three points.

The loss dropped Charscot to sixth, five points adrift of top spot, whilst their rivals moved into third place. With a home match against Broomhall Lions, behind Charscot just on goal difference, next week the Wolverines could quickly find themselves plummeting down the table.

Manager Rich Grove had little to say after the match. "Disappointing to lose to a late goal but we need to get some sort of run going and quickly or else this season will be a write off. I will be looking at the squad and considering offers this week".

In the Super Cup Charscot lost at Whitebrook Rangers 2-1 in their third group game.
Charscot hosted the league Champions Salford City F.C defending an unbeaten home run going back to the season before last.

The visitors have started the season slightly slowly and this was reflected in their decision to play a negative line up to grind out a draw rather than try to win the game.

The result was a bore-fest that would have entertained few and neither side were at their best as a 0-0 draw seemed inevitable.#

The draw dropped the team to third place, two points adrift of surprise leaders Rhyl F.C after four games.

Manager Rich Grove had little to say post match. "Not a great day for anyone in truth and we just have to move on to a big game at a stellar A.F.C Binfield side and hope to maintain our 100% win record on the road".

In the Super Cup the team lost 2-0 at Barton Blitz in their second group game.

A quiet week behind the scenes as the manager had to deal with the loss of youth star Ademir to a fractured rub. The 5 week injury in a major blow to the player's development.
Charscot travelled to local rivals Beeston Athletic for an important match, even at this early stage of the season. The Wolverine's players were looking to show that their solid start was no fluke and that a third title wasn't beyond them, whilst Athletic were looking for their second win of the season.

As it was Charscot dominated the match and appeared to re-discover their scoring boots.

The visitors took the lead after six minutes as Jose Maria moved into outright third place on the all time scoring list for Charscot. His 57th club goal was a simple tap in.

Despite dominating the visitors didn't score again until the 85th minute when Valentino Van Drunen drove the ball in from the edge of the area.

There was still time for Willian Da Silva to score his second in just six appearances since signing for the club with a shot from the edge of the box.

The win moved Charscot into second place, two points behind Balham Town, the only top flight side with a 100% win record after 3 games.

Manager Rich Grove was ecstatic afterwards. "A really good win against a strong side and to see us scoring more freely after a hard season in front of the net last time around is very promising. Of course it is early days yet but if we can use the first 3 weeks to get us through matches against the league Champions and then A.F.C Binfield that will make for a very good start".

In the WPL Super Cup Charscot started with a 2-1 home win over Atletico Madrid, with a brace from Jairzinho.

One contract extension this week as Lars Stock signed a one year extension.
Charscot's first home match of the season against local rivals Wascisco Red Sox proved to be a cagey affair. Considering these were the top two teams after week 1 this was no surprise and Charscot dominated for long periods.

Their efforts were rewarded on 69 minutes as Jose Maria curled a spectacular shot past the keeper for what looked like a deserved winner.

The Sox wouldn't give up though and with 11 minutes left Jeff Buckley scored from close range.

The draw sees both sides drop two places with Charscot now fourth and the Sox third.

Manager Rich Grove felt his side deserved more after the match. "A bit gutting not to still have a 100% record as our efforts deserved a more convincing lead going into the last ten minutes".

"We now have another local match, this time at newly promoted Beeston Athletic next week, and we need to look to replicate last week's away win if we want to challenge at the top".

It is expected new arrival Lars Stock will feature in the game next week. Lars' arrival from Astral F.C of the RH league is now complete and the manager will be hoping to use him as early as possible to justify the hefty price tag of Aarbakk and Preczoli.

Two players committed their futures to the club as Sergey Nikiforenko and Casey Jones signed contract extensions whilst club legend Luciano Zauti announced his retirement.
Charscot made the long trip to St Joseph's BC looking to overcome a tricky opening day fixture that has proven less than fruitful in recent seasons.

The match started brightly with a re-shaped side and tactics giving the team a lead on 21 minutes as Artur Coimbra, newly restored to the attack, scored from close range.

The hosts equalised on 64 minutes as Manasyan finished from close range after a scramble.

Once again it looked like the best the team would get was a point before substitute Willian Da Silva scored a fine goal from 18 yards with just two minutes left on the clock.

The win puts the team second, albeit after one game which means nothing at such an early stage.

Manager Rich Grove was delighted afterwards. "The change of tactics worked a treat and the players responded to what was asked of them and if we can carry on like this then we can be a true challenger at the top. However, it is early days and we will see how we stand come the first round of the cup before getting too carried away".

The first round of the cup sees the team repeat today's fixture with a game at St Joseph's, one of only two top all top flight fixtures in the first round.

A handful of players committed their futures to the club with Rob Rensenbrink (2 years), Henrik Larsson (3 years), Matej Sindelar (3 years), Jermeine Kean (1 year) and Henri Barthez (1 year) all signing on the dotted line.

The manager surprised many during the last week when confirming the departure of Milan Preczoli and Per Reidar Aarbakk. The two will be joining Astral FC of the RH for the start of the new RH season in 7 weeks. Arriving tomorrow in exchange is Lars Stock, the highest rated youth player in the game last season.

The 18 year old is expected to push for a starting place next week.
Charscot made the short trip to Dep El Celtico with little to play for. A win with second placed The Academy losing would allow Charscot to sneak second but a hard fought draw meant the team had to settle for third place at the end of a season when consistency was not a problem but clean sheets was.

The team trailed by two with twenty minutes left and Kierrison's header looked like nothing more than a consolation before substitute Artur Coimbra scored with a drive from 18 yards to secure an unlikely point.

Manager Rich Grove was only looking forward afterwards. "We have been very strong, the strongest in the top flight this season but others made a better job of actually winning and we need to get back to that next season as we look to regain the title".

With the end of another season it is time to reflect on the season that has passed and with that comes new records 9with luck) and the awards for the players from the fans.

The team completed it's first ever season without a home defeat, winning 8 and drawing 7 as the team's home dominance continued from the previous season.

The seven home draws tied a record for the most at home, done twice before.

Four league losses tied the fewest losses in a season, achieved twice before whilst the team kept only five clean sheets, which tied the record for the fewest ever achieved.

Only two players appeared in every match, keeper Jess Hall and striker Valentino Van Drunen, whilst Jose Maria was top scorer with 12 goals, the fourth time in five seasons he has finished top scorer.

The fans awarded their Player of the Year Awards. Taking the first team award was Kierrison for the second time, having previously won the award in 2010/11.

His reward came following a season when his future had been in doubt, before he earned a new long term contract.

Similarly the youth award went to a player, Sergey Nikiforenko, who had not expected to have a future at the club but has improved so much the manager has changed his mind and he is expected to challenge the line up in a couple of seasons.
Charscot hosted Shaolin F.C knowing a win would guarantee a top 3 finish and with the visitors having an awful record against the Wolverines hopes were high as the team entered their final home match of the season, looking to defend an unbeaten home record.

Those hopes weren't misguided as a three goal burst in 11 first half minutes was enough to secure a comfortable 3-0 win.

Harry Arter's close range tap in on seventeen minutes was followed four minutes later by Jose Maria's precise lob for his twelfth of the season.

Seven minutes later Sandor Kocsis heading in from distance to complete the rout.

The team's slim title hopes were lost with Salford winning and whilst second place would be the Wolverines with a win and a loss for The Academy next week the likeliest final result is third place.

Manager Rich Grove was optimistic afterwards. "Not the result in terms of final placing we were looking for but just four defeats, all on the road, with a game left is still an outstanding achievement. A little more luck in front of goal and a little more discipline at the back and we know the title would have been ours. However, either Salford or The Academy will deservedly win it next week and all we can say is enjoy it as we will be after reclaiming that trophy next season".

A busy week as deals were finalised with Fernandez leaving for Cusco of the Opal and in the next week Zamora and Fracescoli will leave for pastures new too.

Coming in to the club next week will be keeper Henri Barthez from Dep El, youth keeper Jason Rostance and club legend Luciano Zauti from Real Madrid.

Luciano will be a particularly popular signing as he returns to the club to finish his career having scored 40 goals in 350 appearances for the club prior to his exit.

In other news the draw for next season's WPL Super Cup was made yesterday and Charscot will face Barton Blitz, Whitebrook Ranegrs and Atletico Madrid in the group stages.

Finally, with less than two weeks to go David Waterhouses now has been bid up to 20million, a figure that was the low part of estimates pre-listing.
Charscot travelled to leaders The Academy knowing a win was their only slim chance of keeping their title retention hopes alive with just two more games left in the season after today.

As it was a very even game saw the sides draw, putting the hosts a step closer to the title and the Wolverines close to guaranteeing a top 3 finish.

It looked good when Kierrison scored with a brilliant first half free kick but Luis Pires, frequent tormentor of the Charscot defence, equalised on 63 minutes.

The result leaves The Academy one point clear at the top and Charscot five adrift of top and five clear of fourth place.

Manager Rich Grove was looking ahead afterwards. "We have made a decent but not realistic defence of our title as teams have found us hard to beat but we have drawn far too many games. Our scoring was off compared to normal and our inability to keep clean sheets really hurt us this season".

"Changes are ongoing and hopefully next season's squad will offer an improvement at both ends of the field and we can look towards a third title rather than an umpteenth second or third place".

Recent signing Willian Da Silva signed a two year extension today and if he can sharpen up his pace he could push his way into a starting spot.

Neal Caffrey left for Revelstone as part of the upcoming Ademir deal and it is hoped a fresh location will help him become more confident in front of the net.

Deals now look less likely as a few are already pre-planned in the next 3 weeks and the squad looks balanced for next season.
Charscot hosted local rivals Ziaste Nequeno and both sides made changes as players were moved on in preparation for the new season.

The visitors were weakened more of the two but showed little sign of that when they took the lead after just 13 minutes through Komarov.

Jose Maria scored his eleventh goal of the season with a mazy run and tap in on 36 minutes.

The second half saw the hosts hit the woodwork before Jairzinho scored a fine goal from 18 yards out with just eight minuets left.

The win leaves Charscot in third place and with a four point cushion in both directions so third place seems the likeliest final position with just three games left in the season.

Manager Rich Grove was brief afterwards. "A hard fought for win but in truth we should be winning this sort of match far more convincingly and with just three matches left all we can do is look to impress as we prepare for next season."

The moves behind the scenes continued as a couple of youth players left for new pastures.

In the next week Neal Caffrey will be joining Revelstone as part of the Ademir deal, Jesse Rodriguez will be joining Cusco of the Opal and the manager will complete any search for new players.

One player has been listed on the market to coincide with the new season as David Waterhouses exits the club. He is expected to reach north of 20,000,000.

Goalkeeper Rip Van Rioja signed a one year contract extension and is expected to be given the number one shirt for the season opener.

Finally, two loanees were recalled this week and the last player out on loan, Jermeine Keane, will be recalled next week.
Charscot travelled to Long Eaton Archers on the back of a poor recent record at Matlock Road Stadium. The Wolverines knew a win was paramount to stay in touch at the top of the table.

The performance wasn't up to scratch as the team found themselves tow down after just 24 minutes.

A stunned looking side the team returned for the second half looking sharper and within seven minutes the team had leveled the scoreline.

Jose Maria scored his tenth of the season with a brilliant free kick on 47 minutes.

Kierrison then finished off with a tap in after a mazy run and suddenly the Wanderers looked a different side.

Charscot piled forward looking for what would be a crucial winner but instead let in two late goals on the counter attack that saw their title push realistically ended.

The 4-2 loss leaves the team in third place but four points off of top spot with four games left.

Manager Rich Grove was disappointed afterwards. "Simply not good enough. This season we have been hard to beat but far too wasteful in the final third of the pitch. That combined with an inability to actually get clean sheets has made wins hard work."

"There will be changes for next season as we have to do better in all areas if we want to try and win another title as for all our excellent work last season this season has been a real let down".

To complete a disappointing week the youth team failed to win for the first time this season, losing 4-3. The club has won more youth leagues than any other in the WPL but had hoped to win every game so this loss hurt.

With that loss it has made completing deals easier with youths leaving less of an issue.

One youth in was Sebastian Rudy from Prestatyn Town. Rudy is only with the team for the remainder of this season and next before returning to Prestatyn Town. The deal should benefit both clubs as Charscot will gain from him improving the youth team results and helping future signing Ademir next season whilst Town will gain from better youth results than Town would have got, allayed to focused training for the season, something Town didn't really have room for.

More deals are lined up in the next few weeks with most of the 17 year olds leaving (Jone and Nikiforenko the only ones staying) along with Caffrey whilst a new keeper and Ademir will be coming in.

More deals outside of those planned seems unlikely but the manager is still open to more deals if possible.
Charscot faced an enormous test as third placed Rhyl F.C visited The Blue Silver Stadium on the back of eight consecutive league wins.

A win would move the team into third place but any dropped points would likely end any title defence, that has been hanging by a thread for a while.

As it was the visitors took a grasp over possession but the hosts showed themselves to be a different class to record an enormous 3-1 win and extend their unbeaten home run past a season.

Rhyl had taken the lead early on through Matheson's header.

Jose Maria's brace was the difference maker and he scored his first on 34 with a diving header and completed his brace on the hour mark with another header.

Sandwiched between the two headers Matej Sindelar tapped in from close range mere seconds into the second half.

The team are now two points off of top spot as the top two switch positions again and face a hard match at Long Eaton Archers next week.

Manager Rich Grove was in high spirits afterwards. "A magnificent win and we have turned our ground into a fortress and the longer this continues the better. We now have to travel to Long Eaton, where we have drawn three of the last four visits, knowing a win is needed".

A busy day behind the scenes as a couple of deals were agreed. One resulted in Evgeni Malkin leaving for Spondon Dynamos today and Enzo Francescoli to follow after gaining out of the youth team over the next month. Casey Jones will now be staying at the club and it is hoped in a couple of seasons he can be far closer to the finished article.

Another deal will see a youth player joining at the start of next season who will hopefully become a future star. Leaving will be some established players, who will leave at the end of the season.
Charscot travelled to Spondon Dynamos, who had won their last 3 matches, knowing that their title defence was all but over but after a crazy spell in the game a slim hope is still alive.

After dominating early on the visitors went behind against the run of play just after half time as ex-Charscot player Kincaid J. Stamper drove home a spectacular volley.

With time running out in both the game and the season an amazing four minute spell turned the game on it's head.

On 74 minutes substitute Sandor Kocsis scored his second goal from the bench with a magnificent volley from fifteen yards.

Four minutes later Evgeni Malkin, who was close to joining Spondon this week (!!), curled a brilliant shot from a free kick to give Charscot the lead.

From the kick off Charscot quickly regained possession and Kierrison hit a superb volley from 18 yards to complete a great comeback.

The leaders lost, allowing Salford to regain top spot. Charscot remain fourth but just three points behind Salford but with an incredibly hard match at home to form side, third placed Rhyl F.C , who have won their last 8 matches.

Manager Rich Grove looked very happy post match. "A great result, for a long period it looked like we wouldn't get the result our play warranted today. Evgeni scoring after nearly leaving this week is certainly making me re-consider his future with a potential deal still very much up in the air".

"We host Rhyl who are flying high right now, and it is all or bust as we simply have to win to keep our slim title hopes alive. We only have six matches left and still have to play two sides above us, Rhyl and The Academy, so whilst not in our own hands we can at least put Salford under pressure in theory. The reality will no doubt be quite different probably".

New signing Willian Da Silva officially arrived from Dep El via the auction market today and will be trained to reach his potential.

Meanwhile the manager has a couple of possible deals lined up, and one way or another decisions are expected this week, although not all decisions are in his own hands.
Charscot have never lost at Carnbroe Rovers and that record was maintained. However, the team could only draw once again as the team's hopes of retaining their league title all but vanished.

The action was all in the first half with all the goals in the opening 20 minutes.

The Wolverines twice came from behind. Jairzinho lobbed an equaliser on 8 minutes to equalise a goal five minutes earlier.

Then Valentino Van Drunen scored a brilliant free kick just seconds after going behind on twenty minutes.

Neither side could find a winner as each hit the woodwork and the point did neither team any favours. Charscot dropped to fourth and five points adrift of top spot. Rovers stayed in a relegation spot and four points from safety.

Manager Rich Grove admitted defeat post-match. "That is our season done and over. We simply haven't been good enough at turning our superiority in match situations into wins. Far too many draws, a ridiculous 11, has destroyed our hopes. The remainder of the season is about trying out different tactics and seeing what deals are out there. As a start we have bid for and won Willian Da Silva today and he should hopefully add something fresh to our squad and frees up options to look for deals".

The Da Silva bid was only placed after convincing by a fellow WPL manager, Dave Legg, had discussed the options, and it will be interesting to see what knock on effect this has on the squad.