The year finished with a match at Long Eaton Archers, a happy hunting ground for the Wolverines over the years.

With the team looking to end a two game losing streak everything looked to be going well today as the team dominated the hosts.

Hakan Mild scored for the third time in five games this season as he continues to look like the goalscoring machine he was at The Northerners in recent seasons. His fantastic free kick looked to be enough to record a needed win before the ultimate of sucker punches as the hosts scored a header in time added on. There wasn't even time for a restart and the match finished all square, 1-1.

The draw leaves Charscot in sixth position and already a massive eight points behind next week's opponents Rhyl F.C. who are still to drop a point this season.

Manager Rich Grove was fuming afterwards. "That was awful defending when all we had to do was focus for a few extra seconds to record the win. At this point it is hard to know what can be done to turn this team into the title challengers they should be. Changes will have to be made but at some point the players brought in have to do more frankly".

In the Super Cup the team drew 1-1 with Abergarwed Athletic as Mbappe scored a late equaliser to keep the team in contention halfway through the group games.

In a surprising move by the manager ex-Charscot veteran Kierrison rejoined the club after spending the last 7 seasons plying his trade around the WPL. At the age of 35 how long until he retires becomes a major question mark over his signing but if he stays for at least one more season the risk will be considered worth it.

Kierrison arrives as joint sixth all time top scorer at the club with 49 goals from 305 appearances. The fans hope he can build up both totals before he retires.
The visit of Zombie Nation to The Blue Silver Stadium has not been a threat of late with the Wolverines dominating and winning with ease.

However, today's visit was quite different when the hosts put on a horror show, making frequent mistakes and failing to play with any real consistent quality.

It started brightly as Sandor Kocsis headed in from close range just before the half hour mark.

However, the team threw the lead away immediately as Delossantos blazed a clearance into his own net seconds later.

Just before half time the visitors took the lead and they added a very late third to cap a good away performance.

The loss drops Charscot to sixth place and all thought of the excellent first two weeks now seem a distant memory.

Manager Rich Grove was unimpressed. "That performance is simply not acceptable and if they keep playing like that then they won't have any future at the club. Clearly changes in personnel and tactics are required and I will expect a significant improvement when we go to Long Eaton Archers next week".

In the Super Cup the team beat Longfield K.L.F 2-1 with a Mild double.
The season started so well but a major issue for Charscot has been winning the local derbies and the biggest bogey side of late has been Ziaste Nequeno, who the team visited today.

Much like last season the team fell behind early and never recovered as two goals in three minutes of the first half left Charscot desperately chasing shadows.

The team did pull a goal back through substitute Imre Schlosser with five minutes left but it was merely a consolation.

The loss saw Charscot drop two places to third with Ziaste rising above them into second place.

Manager Rich Grove was fuming after the match. "That was simply unacceptable. We have to do better against these lesser teams, particularly when facing such a poor manager in charge as if we can't beat them we simply have no hope this season or any season of having success".

"I will be making changes after this awful performance and will expect nothing less than a win when we return home and face Zombie Nation next season".

In the WPL Super Cup the team started the new campaign with a 2-1 loss at Prestatyn Town.

Two players were rewarded for their good starts to the season as Gianluigi Donnarumma signed a two year extension and Milivoje Novakovic signed a one year deal.
The start of this season was as hard as possible, beginning with the league Champions and then following up with the runner's up. After last week's brilliant win on the road the home opener was eagerly anticipated with over 54,000 fans turning up for the match.

The game itself was a complete mismatch as Charscot outclassed Prestatyn Town, winning 4-0 in a match that could easily have seen a six or seven goal win for the hosts.

Three goals in 14 first half minutes ended the game as a contest.

Milivoje Novakovic was brought into the team and rewarded the manager with awell placed header from close range on 29 minutes.

Twelve minutes later Hakan Mild scored his second in two games with a tap in.

This was quickly followed by Jose Maria scoring his first goal in what is his final season before his retirement with a solo goal.

The dominance was completed as substitute Rob Rensenbrink scoring his 21st club goal from the bench with three minutes left with a superb shot from distance.

The win sees Charscot top of the league and one of only two clubs with a 100% record (alongside Rhyl) after two games.

Manager Rich Grove was ecstatic afterwards. "What a performance. That performance was simply outstanding and if we can play like this all season few teams will have a hope of stopping us. However, we do need to maintain these standards, and that has proven hard to do in the past so there is no complacency at what is a very early stage of the season. We go to fourth placed Ziaste Nequeno, who are also unbeaten and who beat us twice last season, next week and that will show if we have really improved".

The manager was quick to mention a few players. "I am delighted that Hakan has scored in both games this season. When we signed him the deal was going to be judged on his scoring and so far he is showing the same deadly form he showed every season for The Northerners. He is looking potentially like the replacement for Jose Maria who has sadly confirmed his retirement at the end of this season."

"Jose has been simply the best player we have ever had at the club. An exceptionally consistent goalscorer and leads the club in both appearances and goals. We will miss him after this season but hopefully this season can be one that we will all remember with happiness".

"Finally, Milivoje's performance today was outstanding. He has had to be patient to get his chance but he is off to an excellent start and hopefully he will score the goals from midfield we sorely lacked last season".
A new season and the Charscot fans feared the worst as the team travelled to the Champions, St Joseph's BC, on the back of a run of no wins in their last 7 league games of last season.

This was very much a new look side for the Wolverines with keeper Donnarumma and midfielder Zebeto both making their debuts and Wilkes and Mild making only their second starts for the club.

The team started brightly and were rewarded with a goal from Hakan Mild on the half hour mark after he finished off a mazy run to prod home from close range.

Two minutes later Rafael Gordillo toe poked home the second and the visitors looked in control.

The hosts got a goal back just after half time resumed but Charscot were not to be denied an excellent opening day win.
The win puts the team in an initial fourth place, matching their highest position of last season already.

Manager Rich Grove was delighted afterwards. "That is an excellent start to the season. We started playing the top two from last season and if we want to be anything like contenders we had to be looking for four points at least from these two games. We go into next week in renewed confidence but very aware that we need to be at our best".

Charscot were drawn at home to Division 2 side Teesside Reds in the cup this week with the game to be played in a couple of months.

Behind the scenes five players were loaned out for the season to get game time. None will be allowed to play against Charscot in any competition.

A handful of players signed one year extensions today - Mild, Zebeto, Netzer, Alonso, Gordillo and Zoco. None got the more usual longer term deals, reflecting the manager's intention to make sure only those who prove they can perform at the required levels will stay in the future.

One player returning today was Christian Pulisic from Chaddesden Celtic. He will hope to push for a starting spot in the coming weeks and months.
A horrendous end to the season has sen Charscot fail to win in almost two months. The final game of the season saw the Wolverines travel to Broomhall Lions, sitting in 13th place and fighting a relegation battle.

This showed early on as the hosts raced into a two goal lead in just over half an hour.

Imre Schlosser hit a superb 25 yarder shortly before half time to give Charscot hope.

With a little under 20 minutes left debutant Faas Wilkes with a sublime chip that secured a point.

The home fans grew nervous but as news spread of Real Madrid and Longfield K.L.F both losing the fans celebrated staying up by 3 goals from KLF.

Charscot's point saw them jump two places to finish sixth, which considering the last two months is a positive result.

Manager Rich Grove cut a confuse figure post-match. "Hard to know what to make of today as we started so slowly but the battling qualities weree a relief to see, Faas scoring on his debut has given me something to think about as he was meant to go out on loan next week. I will give his short term future more thought, he may just get more playing time".

The return of Christian Pulisic from Chaddesden Celtic today caught many by surprise and with no less than five players going out on loan next week it is hoped he can push for a starting spot within weeks.

His arrival has meant the departure of new arrival LaDainian Tomlinson could be approved after LaDainian broke down in training just four days into his Charscot career. Tomlinson is joining Spondon Phoenix where hopefully he will have far better luck with injuries.

As another season ends the annual awards were handed out at the Awards night before the final game of the season.

The two new inductees into the club's Hall of Fame are Imre Schlosser and Thorbjorn Svenssen.

Both look to have bright futures at the club and are two of a few players to have left a positive impression this season.

Imre Schlosser also took home the Player of the Year award from the fans after showing he can score from any position and having a better scoring ratio than anyone else this season.

The Young Player of the Year award was a two horse race with Aldo Duscher's exceptional scoring proving decisive as he edged out Zebeto for the award. Zebeto is expected to start for the first team next week whilst Aldo is next in line to try out up front when anyone loses form or gets injured.

With the season lurching towards it's climax Charscot's form has deteriorated completely.

For their final home game of the season Shaolin F.C visited. Charscot's record against Shaolin is excellent but the visitors had won the last two games at The Blue Silver Stadium and are in a battle for fourth so hopes were not high for the Wolverines.

The hosts made tactical changes and they did little to impress as Charscot's run in the league without a win extended to 7 games with a 1-1 draw.

It took an Imre Schlosser equaliser just past the half hour mark to level after going behind on 15 minutes.

Neither team impressed as a dull draw was played out.

The result drops Charrscot to 8th and leaves Shaolin in 4th.

Manager Rich Grove was unimpressed afterwards. "That isn't good enough. The past couple of months we have gone from being competitive side to a bit of a soft target and we have to turn things around. changes will be made next week as a number of players look to impress before next season starts".

A sign that the manager has lost faith in some of the squad was made clear today as Ricario Sanchez, stalwart of the midfield in recent seasons was transferred to The Northerners with LaDanian Tomlinson arriving to add some experience and hopefully goals to the shot shy midfield.

Unfortunately Tomlinson sustained a 4 week injury and now a decision has to be made whether to pursue with the soon to be 27 year old or simply cash in on him on the market.

Increasing the chances of a quick exit was the shocking news of the return of Christian Pulisic. Christian only left the club last month via the market for 30million but it appears he has grown very home sick and is being allowed to return to the club next week.
Charscot's season has been all about the cup for some time now so this week was the big week as the team faced Spondon Phoenix F.C in the semi-finals.

This is the third consecutive season the two sides had met with Spondon winning a second round tie and Charscot winning the quarter final last season.

Today's match saw the two sides unable to win in 120 minutes.

Charscot led early through a Josef Bican header on half an hour. Ex-Charscot player Radamel Falcao in the final ten minutes to send the tie into extra time.

Another ex-Charscot player Jairzinho gave Spondon the lead before Emiliano Delossantos equalised with twelve minutes left.

The penalty shootout was won 2-1 by Spondon as both keepers excelled.

The league match was an after thought and it showed as Charscot lost 1-0 for the sixth consecutive time at The Academy, Champions but seemingly destined to finish third this season.

Manager Rich Grove was clearly distraught afterwards. "That was so disappointing. I expected us to be far more impressive but the reality is we have been poor for a month now and whilst I can't do a lot with the line up I will make changes".

With all four loanees being recalled the team could look very different for week 31's match as the only transfer to complete is the departure of keeper Connor Hellebuyk, who is joining Ziaste Nequeno next Monday.
Charscot welcomed local rivals Vanbrugh Royals for a meaningless match as neither side had anything to play for with Charscot's league season over and the Royals already relegated.

The lack of importance was reflected by both managers experimenting and the result, a 1-1 draw, would not be convincing to either manager as a tactical route for the future.

Thorbjorn Svenssen hit a fine 20 yarder after just six minutes which was equalised by Kownacki fifteen minutes later.

Manager Rich Grove was unimpressed post-match. "Not a good performance and our league performances in recent weeks have been nothing short of rubbish. We have to find a way to return to form for next week's cup semi-final".

Behind the scenes Christian Pulisic completed his exit from the club, joining Chaddesden Celtic of the Opal league for 30 million.

With the club now having cash reserves in excess of half a billion pounds rumour has it that the manager is considering a re0building of a stand. The ground has not had any building work since 1995 and any work would only be done to gain extra executive boxes as the current capacity of 72,000 is far in excess of what is require already.

To prove this point the club had a fan's day, charging fans just five pounds to get in and still the ground was only two thirds full with just under 48,000 turning up today.
Charscot made the short trip to rivals Dep El Celtico with little to play for whilst the hosts are desperately fighting for their top flight lives.

That was clearly apparent as the visitors put in their worst performance in years, creating just one real chance of note, whilst the hosts raced into a 3 goal half time lead and then just relaxed and accepted the easy win.

The loss leaves the team 7th and with just the cup to look forward to. Their opponents meanwhile edged 2 points above the drop zone with four games remaining.

Manager Rich Grove seemed unflustered post-match. "The performance was frankly awful, but I would rather do it this week than in the cup as our league season has fallen apart. I am pleased for our opponents, who are fighting very hard for their survival. They are a good side, albeit their manager is a rather strange individual".

Behind the scenes Christian Pulisic entered the final days of his listing on the market, with the bid at 30million. The squad is unlikely to change from this point on with the decisions seemingly all made.
With nothing to play for in the league Charscot welcomed relegation threatened Longfield K.L.F with a very relaxed attitude.

This allowed the hosts to play some good football but K.L.F always looked dangerous on the counter attack.

Despite a goal just 6 minutes in from Svenssen's 20 yard drive the teams were level at half time after Rider scored in the 35th minute.

Within 120 seconds of coming on as a sub Hakan Mild scored his first goal for the club with a close range tap in.

However, K.L.F needed the points and equalised within a further 120 seconds and then just as the game looked to be ending all square Drummond scored a brilliant free kick with one minute left to give the visitors a potentially enormous 3 points.

The loss dropped Charscot to seventh and Longfield up to tenth.

Manager Rich Grove had little comment. "A disappointing result but in truth it is hard to care too much at this stage with the league an irrelevance to us. A week with no injuries or loss of form is all we can hope for with the cup in 3 weeks".
After a fully packed week last week this week is a quieter affair as the focus is all aimed at the cup in 4 week's time.

The team made the trip to A.F.C Binfield for the live tv match (the club's first of the season) with nothing to play for. The players performed well but couldn't respond to an early Volker goal and lost 1-0.

The loss dropped the team to fifth and with a number of relegation threatened teams still to play the team has to regain it's focus if it wants to manage any form for the cup.

Manager Rich Grove was brief afterwards. "Not at our best by any means, we should have made more of our chances but we came up painfully short".

With all focus on the cup the draw was awaited with relish as the club looked to make it's third final in four seasons.
The team have been drawn against Division 1 leaders Spondon Phoenix. This will be the third meeting in 4 seasons with Charscot winning in the quarter-finals last season and suffering their only pre-final defeat in this run the season before with a second round 2-1 loss.

New arrival Gunter Netzer signed a contract extension this week and he is expected to go out on loan next seaosn to Castle Rock Furies to sharpen his skills.
A busy week on and off the pitch for the club.

In the cup the team welcomed Division One Carnbroe Rovers to The Blue Silver Stadium for a third cup meetign between the sides and with the score at one win each.

Charscot dominated the match, creating chance after chance and squandering them all before a rash tackle on Josef Bican just after half time gave Jose Maria the chance to score from the spot. He converted and the Wolverines made their way into the semi-finals.

A tired team made it's way north to face struggling Real Madrid. After going behind in the first half the team equalised with just over 20 minutes left.

The draw moved the team up to fourth but well adrift of the top 3.

Manager Rich Grove was delighted after the match. "Our record in the cup in recent seasons has been great and we are two wins away from a trophy and we have to stay focused on that over the remaining weeks".

After a quite period the changes to the squad started back up as one arrived and one left.

Gunter Netzer arrived from Hood Manor of the MOA. The player was the return for Grimm and Marzle who left the club 2 months ago.

With Netzer's arrival the manager felt the squad was too large so Christian Pulisic has been allowed to go on the auction market.
After last week's embarrassing result the team returned home for what amounted to a warm u match before next season's cup quarter final. The team had a point to prove and after wasting numerous chances in the first half the team were on fire in the second half.

Shortly after half time Jose Maria scored a simple goal after a mazy run and a quarter of an hour later the lead was doubled as Josef Bican got his first Charscot goal with a close range stab in.

In the 71st minute Imre Schlosser showed that filling in in midfield wouldn't slow his scoring as he lobbed the keeper from 30 yards for an exquisite third.

With five minutes left Sandor Kocsis scored after his own weaving run to finhs the scoring at 4-0.

The win moved the team up to fifth, still five points adrift of top spot.

Manager Rich Grove was relieved afterwards. "We needed to put on a display after last week and that was just what was needed before our big cup match next week. We must replicate this performance next week against Carnbroe Rovers and ideally against Real Madrid too, if only to help out Dep El in their relegation battle".
The trip to Rhyl has been a tricky one in recent years and results have not always been good. However, with the team  in great form hopes were high to close the gap on the top clubs.

Those hopes were easily dashed as Charscot went down 4-1 in a match where the only bright spot was a Luke Woodhouse own goal to equalise on 13 minutes.

The result leaves the team in sixth place and five points adrift of top spot as the top teams dropped points too.

However Manager Rich Grove had no illusions afterwards. "Any slim chance of challenging is clearly beyond us as we just can't make the final steps needed to actually get in the actual mix for top spot, we always seem to be slightly off the pace when it most matters".

With all focus on the cup now the loss of back up keeper Maspoli and Christian Pulisic to short term injuries that mean they are unavailable for the next round of the cup was a blow.

Maspoli's lack of availability has resulted in the manager confirming he will be transferred to Space Cadets this week with his opportunities after this season likely to be very limited.
The visit of Long Eaton Archers is usually an easy 3 points but after losing this fixture last season the Archers are far more of a threat, as shown by them arriving in second place in the league and in the middle of the title fight.

However, Charscot have been in excellent form of late and this was shown again as the Wolverines raced into the lead and were never threatened by the visitors.

Sandor Kocic scored with a brilliant header on 19 minutes and the lead was doubled by Christian Pulisic's drive shortly before half time.

Early in the second half Rob Rensenbrink tapped home for 3-0 and the Archers were left nothing more than a consolation goal when they scored with 3 minutes left.

The win leaves Charscot still in sixth place but 4 points off of top spot whilst the Archers dropped two places to fourth.

Manager Rich Grove was delighted post-match. "Another excellent performance and we simply have to maintain this standard for as long as possible. It was also good to see Pulisic score again as he looks to try and convince myself that he should be kept rather than listed on the market shortly. "

The draw for the quarter-finals of the S.L.F.A. Cup sees Charscot host Carnbroe Rovers in a third meeting of these tow in the cup with Charscot having lost a final and won on a penalty shoot out in the third round in the past.
With the team still shaky after last season's inexplicably harsh derby loss the players had to quickly rebound for two important matches. One a league match at struggling The Northerners and the other a third round cup tie at home to Rhyl F.C

With the focus on the cup the league match could have proven a tricky proposition but the team scored after only 8 minutes and never looked like doing anything except win from this point on.

Rob Rensenbrink's edge of the area drive was followed in the 24th minute with a Iorfa own goal as the defender deflected a wayward shot into his own net.

The hosts got a goal with five minutes left but the Wolverines hit back instantly from kick off as Rafael Gordillo beat four with a mazy run before scoring from close range.

The 3-1 win keeps Charscot sixth and six points adrift of top spot.

The team moved onto their cup match and celebrated Jose Maria's 350th match as club captain (a record) with a pre-match presentation before the visit of Rhyl F.C.

The match itself saw the hosts keep the ball and keep Rhyl's shots down to a minimum but it took until just after half time for the first goal.

From a corner Emiliano Delossantos scrambled home for a 1-0 lead.

As time looked to run out for the visitors Jose Maria capped a fine performance with a magnificent header in the last minute.

The win takes the team into the quarter-finals and as one of only 3 top flight sides left in the comp hopes are high of a 3rd final in 4 seasons.

Manager Rich Grove was delighted afterwards. "This has been a great set of performances this week and with a major new signing through the door it was great to see 3 of our strikers all score this week. Competition between the goalscorers can only be a good thing".

After so many frustrating performances this season the manager made more moves to shake up the squad.

As a continuation of a a multi club set of deals Charscot sent Sandro Tonali to Dep El Celtico, with youth keeper Connor Hellebuyk due to move by the end of the season.

Arriving is Lubo Moravcik, a midfielder who is still in need of training but has potential to be a quality player given time.

The manager then moved to obtain a player he has admired for some time, purchasing Hakan Mild from today's opponents The Northerners. Departing the club are midfielders Klaus Fischer and Marco Reus.

"I have wanted a goalscorer of the calibre of Hakan for some time with Jose Maria approaching the later stages of his career and the current attackers showing varying degrees of success in the scoring department".

"I actually turned down a better offer that offered a player with Hakan's skills and age plus a young defender with outstanding skills. However, Hakan's scoring record was too good to turn down and hopefully he will go on to be as big a goalscorer for us as he has over the years with The Northerners".

Hakan Mild was moved into account two and a half seasons ago and responded to the move with 14 goals in his first season and a dozen goals last season. Both seasons saw him as one of the top six scorers in the WPL Premier Division. This season he was in prime position to exceed those returns with 10 goals in the first 19 full appearances and one as sub to lead the scoring in the division.

With these moves the number of trainees has been reduced whilst hopefully making the team far more deadly in the attacking third, something they have been weak in this season with the majority of chances being wasted most weeks.

Finally, Matt Richie left via the market today, joining Miami Celts of the WS League for a fee in excess of 14 million.
After returning to excellent form of late Charscot were expected to sweep aside visiting  local rivals Ziaste Nequeno. The performance was indeed very one-sided as Charscot created chance after chance, 31 shots in total. However, they kept getting hit for suckerpunch goals and managed to contrive to lose 3-1 at home.

The team were stunned to be trailing 2-0 at half time and when Sandor Kocsis scored early in the second half hopes were high for a comeback win but a goal shortly afterwards ended those hopes.

Captain Jose Maria, celebrating equaling the club appearance record of 427 games held previously by Billy Dane, was a major factor as he could have easily scored a double hat trick.

The loss leaves the team in sixth place and with the season on the line as the team hosts 7th placed Rhyl in the third round of the cup next week.

Manager Rich Grove was fuming after the match. "We cannot be taking so few chances from a match., It was embarrassing to see so many gilt edged chances wasted and playing like that in the opponent's area is simply not acceptable."

It seems more changes will be happening as the manager looks to the future.

Attacker Matt Richie sells this week on the auction market and at present double Champions The Academy are leading the race with 3 days left.
With the league season looking dead in the water the team got to travel to title challengers Prestatyn Town with the pressure off and it showed as the Wolverines put on an exceptional performance, cruising to a 2-0 win that could easily have been five or six.

This was Town's first home league defeat in almost two seasons and dropped the hosts from second to third in the table whilst Charscot stayed sixth.

Manager Rich Grove was delighted after the match. "That was a true five star performance, something that has been all too rare this season. The 3 consecutive wins without conceding a goal, two of those games against teams in second at kick off, give us hope of a bright future if we can just find the consistency required."

"We now face local rivals Ziaste Nequeno at home and simply have to win this match".

The draw for the third round of the S.L.F.A. Cup has given Charscot the tie of the round as they face Rhyl at The Blue Silver Stadium.

Off the pitch the sale of Matt Richie via the auction market continues and will end next week with the bid just past 10 million at the time of writing.
After 3 poor weeks the season came down to winning in the cup today with the league season in tatters.

The team responded excellently to recent setbacks recording two wins.

In the league St Joseph's BC visited with an excellent record this season but were comprehensively outplayed and lucky to only lose 2-0 and suffer a dent in their title chase.

In the cup the team returned to local rivals Vanbrugh Royals, the only team Charscot have beaten on the road in the league this season and repeated their previous 1-0 win.

Rafael Gordillo scored in each match with Jose Maria scoring the second against BC as the attack finally seems to be starting to link together.

The team remain sixth in the league.

Manager Rich Grove was delighted afterwards. "That was a great week as we beta two sides that could easily have both beaten us. Our league form is too patchy to make a run for top barring something spectacular so the focus is on the cup and with more top sides exiting this round our chances have improved a little as we look to make our 3rd final in 4 seasons".

More plans for the future as the manager confirmed Mesut Ozil had left to join Southpool. Mesut never settled in the South and will be glad of a fresh start after a miserable few months.

Also leaving is Roque Maspoli, who will join the Space Cadets as soon as the team exits the cup or back up keeper Donnarumma finds his form.

With Matt Richie also on the market it was confirmed that Pulisic will be listed in a short while after receiving a promised bid that the manager finds acceptable.
After 2 poor defeats the team simply had to win at home to struggling Broomhall Lions to be in any position to make a charge in the second half of the season. The Lions had 4 points from 7 visits and had been thumped in their recent trips to The Blue Silver Stadium so were ripe for the slaughter.

However, once again Charscot put in an abysmal performance and needed a Jose Maria free kick on 68 minutes just to secure a 1-1 draw.

The draw leaves the team closer to relegation than a title charge and the manager was under no illusions afterwards.

"The league is over for us. Hopefully we will get enough points not to have to fight relegation but the idea that we can challenge is delusional now. Our focus is 100% on the cup now and with our away record that could be over in a week".

Behind the scenes Marco Adani completed his exit, joining Kilburn United of the WS League for a little over 24 million, the tenth highest fee the club has ever received.

More exits seemed likely and it took no time for Matt Richie to be placed on the market today.
The manager expected his players to bounce back from last week's thumping and show they had what it takes to play for a club that is supposed to be a title challenger. They failed.

Despite the trip to Shaolin F.C being one the team has thrived on over the years this time the team had plenty of the ball, created loads of chances but couldn't find a goal and ended up losing 2-0.

Shaolin stayed fifth with Charscot staying sixth and the team is now 3 wins adrift of the top, a seemingly uncatchable lead.

Manager Rich Grove was not a happy figure afterwards. "Shaolin are having a good season but historically we have won this fixture and simply had to to have any shot at the top 3. At this point I am left looking towards next season and trying to find some sort of line up that can do the business".

One of the first to leave will be keeper Roque Maspoli, whose debut was less than impressive as he conceded the penalty for the first goal with a needless foul before letting a tame shot from distance through his legs. He will leave within the next couple of weeks.

Marco Adani is in his final 3 days on the market with bidding just past 21 million.

Meanwhile the manager allowed two of his youth stars to leave the club for The Northerners with a youth due to arrive later this season. Their departure, combined with the rest of the youth midfield being injured resulted in Charscot's first youth loss in 4 seasons. There are likely to be more losses with no midfield for next week either.
What was a big week for the team turned into a disaster as their title credentials were shown to be completely false by reigning double Champions The Academy.

The fans came into the game hoping Charscot could put themselves closer to the top 3 but instead the team showed that they simply are not ready to mount a challenge.

The team were never in the game, going two down inside 25 minutes and letting in another two within ten minutes of the re-start.

Imre Schlosser's header five minutes was met with a few sarcastic cheers as the fans trudged away in disgust.

Manager Rich Grove was fuming afterwards. "There is no shame in losing to The Academy, who have been excellent in recent seasons. However, there is plenty of shame at being so easily swept aside. No one out there seemed even vaguely bothered and that performance was simply unacceptable. I can see changes happening but with the squad all under performing I am far form convinced that anything will change."

"i would look for deals but there seems to be little around and just offloading the excess may prove tricky depending on how the auction market shapes up".

The manager's concerns centre around the current listing of Marco Adani, who has yet to receive a bid with 10 days left.
A tricky trip to local rivals Vanbrugh Royals, who despite being bottom had actually gone 4 games unbeaten and won their last two.

The match was a cagey affair with the hosts having the possession and the visitors creating more clear cut chances.

The match was decided by a Rafael Gordillo tap in on 33 minutes.

The 1-0 away win, Charscot's first league away win of the season, moved the Wolverines into fourth place with a big month ahead.

Manager Roch Grove was relieved afterwards. "That could easily have gone the other way and at this stage we have to find ways to win games, particularly on the road where we have drawn too many games. We now face 3 of the top 6 in the next four matches and must do all we can to take as close to maximum points as possible as we still have six points to make up on the top of the league".

The manager is in the middle of planning who will be leaving between now and the end of the season and all eyes will be on Marco Adani as he leaves the club via the auction market early next month.
A local derby with struggling Dep El Celtico is the type of game Charscot simply have to win if they want to be title challengers. Their failure to win today leaves huge doubts this team can compete at the very top.

Despite dominating for long periods the hosts struggled in front of the net and Dep El took the lead with just 13 minutes left.

Fortunately substitute Rafael Gordillo scored with a brilliant free kick six minutes later to save the home team another loss but at the final whistle the fans let the home team know how dissatisfied they were.

The result leaves the team in fifth place and six point off of top spot with a crucial couple of weeks as Charscot face the bottom side and then the double Champions.

Manager Rich Grove was not impressed afterwards. "Simply not good enough. We have to be better than this and we have to start scoring with more regularity. If we continue to under perform changes will be made".

The manager's warning carried more weight as out of the blue he made a couple of moves to re-structure the squad. In comes Ignacio Zoco from Real Madrid. The 22 year old midfielder is ready to play and just needs to get match sharpness and is likely to be involved fairly soon hopefully. Santiago Ostalaza and Zinho Vanhausden both left from the youth team going in the other direction.

With Zoco's arrival the manager quickly moved to keep the numbers down in the squad by listing Marco Adani on the auction market.
The recent good run for Charscot has papered over an issue away from home as winning road games has proven hard to achieve.

This was perfectly exploited by Longfield K.L.F. as they scored two first half goals to beat Charscot 2-1 and leave the manager with questions about their away form.

The visitors solitary goal was courtesy of a close range Alonso drive just before the half hour mark.

The loss leaves the team in fifth and six points adrift of the top 3. The remaining games before the halfway mark include facing all of the bottom 3 and the reigning Champions so plenty of points available.

Manager Rich Grove was disappointed afterwards. "We just haven't produced the results we need to on the road in the league. If we can't start winning away games our entire season will be wasted."

In the cup the team have been drawn away to Prem bottom team Vanbrugh Royals for a tricky local derby.

Behind the scenes the club found an intriguing youth midfielder. No long term future at the club but possibly could be signed for a quick or long term profit.
The cup arrives at a time when the league form is so good the distraction could have proven harmful. Hopefully that won't prove to be the case as the Wolverines recorded an emphatic 4-1 win at Division One Dutch Uncles to move into the second round.

Jose Maria scored his first of the season with a close range shot on 25 minutes before Rob Rensenbrink hit an exquisite lob 8 minutes later to double the score.

Shortly before half time the match was over as a contest with a Sandor Kocsis chip from distance.

The hosts scored within seconds but the visitors scored midway through the second half as Kocsis hit another lob to make it 4-1.

Manager Rich Grove was ecstatic afterwards. "That was a superb performance against a quality side that could easily grace the top flight. To come here and put in that level of performance is very pleasing and if we carry on like that this could be a very good season".
The team's recent good run came under increased pressure with the visit of A.F.C Binfield. who themselves have had a good start to the season. History favoured the hosts who have dominated this fixture over the years and history continued to be a good indicator as Charscot won 2-1 to stay fifth and close the gap to top spot.

It took just six minutes for Charscot to lead through a Svenssen 20 yard drive.

The lead was doubled on the half hour mark as Rensenbrink scored a simple tap in.

Binfield's consolation came on 63 minutes through Kermorgant but the hosts were good value for their win.

Manager Rich Grove was delighted afterwards. "That was a great win to put us in a decent position going into the first round of the cup. We can now look to hopefully put on a decent performance next week without the pressure of league points at stake".
Struggling Real Madrid visited The Blue Silver Stadium with the hosts looking to maintain their own unbeaten home run to start the season. Charscot were hopeful that if they could score they would win with Real's team lacking in the scoring department this season.

The match was embarrassingly one-sided as Charscot tore the visitors apart, creating chance after chance.

The only surprise was how long it took for a goal to come as ex-Real player Armando Alonso scored his second club goal for Charscot (both against Real !) with a tap in with just five minutes left. It was no less than Charscot deserved for an outstanding performance and the team moved up to fifth place whilst Real dropped into the bottom three.

Manager Rich Grove was delighted afterwards. "That was a superb performance and we have to do our best to replicate that every week, starting with the visit of A.F.C Binfield next week. We have an excellent record against AFC but they are a top side and will be no pushovers".

In the Super Cup the team ended it's awful campaign with a 2-2 draw with Ynysfawr Athletic with Jose Maria's brace sparing a few blushes.

The manager expressed his frustrations with the auction market after it became clear that the younger stars are simply not generating the value compared to older players. It seems a larger squad or loaning out players until they are older are the only two options with managers keeping their cheque books closed.
A trip to Balham Town is rarely an enjoyable experience, with defeats coming often and usually with large scorelines.

However, with the Wolverines off to a solid if unspectacular start and Town struggling hopes of at least avoiding a heavy defeat were high.

As it was the match was a far more even-handed contest than usual with clear chances in short supply.

Rob Renmsenbrink gave Charscot the lead from close range just past the half hour mark and Town equalised through Dwagger just after half time to leave each team better off by a point.

The draw saw Charscot drop to ninth place despite one defeat in the first seven.

Manager Rich Grove was brief post match. "Not losing is a vast improvement in this fixture but it is our third 1-1 away draw already this season and the draws are undermining our chances of a challenge for top spot. We now face two quality sides at home and we simply have to win both games to give us the momentum to push on up".

In the Super Cup the manager put out the reserves with the team's exit already confirmed and they lost 2-0 at home to British Sea Power.
Charscot have struggled at home to Rhyl F.C in recent seasons, drawing the last 3 and not having won the fixture in the last 4 so today's match was a breath of fresh air as the hosts recorded a 1-0 win.

The match was a tight one and Charscot were thankful for Sandor Kocsis toe poke shortly before half time that secured the win.

The club moved up to sixth place and needs to keep winning if it wants to make ground on the top clubs.

Manager Rich Grove was happy afterwards. "That was an excellent win that hopefully gets us moving in the right direction after too many draws. We have a number of hard matches in the next few weeks and performances like today's will need to be replicated".

In the Super Cup the team got it's first point in a 2-2 draw at Barton Blitz, courtesy of two goals from Jose Maria.

Behind the scenes it was a quiet week with just the signing of an extension by new signing Mesut Ozil to report as the manager took time to consider his options within the squad.
Charscot travelled to unbeaten leaders Long Eaton Archers looking to gain ground on the leading teams but another draw, the third already this season, leaves the team in the bottom half and 7 points adrift of top spot after a mere five games.

Archers took the lead shortly after the hour mark and were reliant on substitute Rafael Gordillo scoring a close range equaliser on 72 minutes.

The draw drops the team to tenth position and left Manager Rich GRrove less than happy. "Long Eaton have got off to a very good start but our record here is such that we should be looking to win this game if we want to make nay sort of challenge this season. As it is it is another tedious draw and I am losing faith in too many of my squad already".

"We now host Rhyl F.C, who got off to a poor start before winning their last two matches to move into fifth position. Anything less than a win for us and this season could be all but over in the league already".

A surprise return to the club this week was former youth Mesut Ozil, after a decent career he has returned to the club at the age of 31 to provide experience for some of the squad who have failed so badly. Whether he makes it to retirement at the club will come down to how he performs once he is fit enough to start.

In the Super Cup the team's hopes of getting past the first round are over after a third defeat already, this time a 3-1 loss at Ynysfawr Athletic. Bican's header was scant consolation late in the game.
After a patchy start to the season Charscot hosted The Northerners knowing a win was a must if the season was to avoid falling apart in the first month.

The visitors record at The Blue Silver Stadium is abysmal and it wasn't going to improve despite dominating possession as the hosts showed themselves far more lethal up front.

This was almost completely down to the changes the manager made as the team was re-built from scratch and Imre Schlosser's hard work in training was rewarded with a first start for Charscot.

Imre instantly made himself into a fan favourite, scoring twice in the first half hour to give the team a 2-0 win.

His double was only the second by a debutant in the club's history, following Jordana Brewster's double.

The win moved the team back into 9th spot as the team prepares to visit unbeaten leaders Long Eaton Archers next week.

Manager Rich Grove was ecstatic afterwards. "it is early days but Imre's debut certainly is a promising one and hopefully the team will help him score more goals as well as chipping in with their own. We have to go to Long Eaton Archers next week and maintain our excellent record at their ground and come back with our first away win of the season".

The team dropped more points in the Super Cup , losing 1-0 at British Sea Power, a result that makes progression incredibly hard already.

In a surprise move the club bid and bought Mesut Ozil from today's vanquished opponents The Northerners for just under 7million, a hefty sum for a 31yo midfielder.
Today's match was supposed to be the first of many wins for Charscot after opening with back to back draws as the team visited local rivals Ziaste Nequeno.

The reality however proved to be quite the opposite as Charscot huffed and puffed but couldn't make their dominance count. This resulted in Ziaste scoring with one of their rare attacks to secure the three points and leave Charscot's season on the ropes and with question marks over the entire squad.

The team are still winless, are now 13th and simply have to beat 14th placed The Northerners next week or accept a season of struggling is inevitable.

Manager Rich Grove was furious post-match. "Abject, hopeless and inept would all be compliments to that bunch of useless overpaid prima donnas based on the garbage I have just watched. Should we have won ? Yes, but so what, we didn't and instead lost to a poor side with an even poorer manager."

"Clearly changes will have to be made. After getting rid of what was deemed surplus in preparation for this season the fact that the departures are all thriving whilst the players still here are rubbish so far has not been overlooked. My judgement is clearly in question and improvement in all areas has to happen".

In the Super Cup the team got off to a poor start losing 3-1 at home to Barton Blitz to complete a bad week.
The first home game of the season saw newly promoted Prestatyn Town visit The Blue Silver Stadium.

Charscot put in an uneven performance, wasting many chances and ending with a second draw to start the season.

The visitors were on top early on, taking the lead after 22 minutes through Deak's sidefoot from close range.

A blatant Igelsias handball four minutes later was punished as Rob Rensenbrink took the resulting penalty to open his scoring for the season on his starting debut for the year.

Three minutes later he scored his second with a 20 yarder before the hoists hit the woodwork.

That miss was to prove crucial as Town scored on 62 minutes to secure a point and move up to third place.

Charscot dropped two places to eleventh and will be desperate for a derby win at Ziaste next week.

Manager Rich Grove was not a happy man afterwards. "Unlike last week this performance was not deserving of anything more than a draw frankly and is the sort of performance that will leave us nowhere in the league if we replicate it too often".

Behind the scenes Mahmoud El-Khatib's sale to next week's opponents Ziaste completed via the auction market as the manager gave Gianluigi Donnarumma a one year contract extension and Marco Reus a two year extension.
The start of a new season is always tricky as the team travels to St Joseph's BC, where the hosts rarely lose. In that context today's draw was not a bad result but The Wolverines did enough to win two matches, never mind one, and will be frustrated at only taking a point.

Charscot equalised within seconds of going behind  as Svenssen headed in a superb header on 42 minutes. The dominance was wasted though as the game petered out to a draw.

The draw means Charscot start this season the same as last season, with a 1-1 draw and ninth place.

Manager Rich Grove seemed content afterwards. "Obviously we want to win every game but that isn't possible and we pout in a good performance overall and if we replicate that we will win games sooner or later".

It may be a new season but business off the field is still in full swing. The auction market has been the focus of the latest business with two leaving and two coming in.

Leaving today was Svante Ingelsson, who joined Wascisco Red Sox for a fee in excess of 34million. Following him out of the door next week is midfielder Mahmoud El-Khatib, who still has 3 days left on the market.

Arriving from the market are two goalkeepers. Connor Hallebuyk, at 17, is the older of the two and will be first choice for the youth team this season. The younger keeper will be making his way to Castle Rock Furies next week before re-joining Charscot towards the end of the season.

The draw for the first round of the S.L.F.A. Cup sees Charscot make the trip to Dutch Uncles, a match that could easily be a loss.

Finally, a few players committed their futures at the club with Rob Rensenbrink signing a 2 year contract extension. Sandor Kocsis all but guaranteed he will finish his career at the club signing a four year extension. Imre Schlosser , Josef Bican, Faas Wilkes and Kylian Mbappe all signed one year extensions.
The season came to a less than happy end for the Wolverines as the team lurched through a final week that ended trophy-less.

With all eyes on the Cup Final the team travelled to local rivals Beeston Athletic, already relegated, for a midweek match that had nothing but pride on the line.

The team that clearly cared most was Beeston as they raced to a 2-0 lead inside 3 minutes, added a third and only conceded to a late Jose Maria shot as they won 3-1.

Charscot had played well but had proven shot-shy, a worrying aspect going into a Cup Final.

The result affected nothing in the league with Charscot taking third place and Beeston finishing 15th.

The Cup Final had been the focus and the game proved to be a thriller.

Sandor Kocsis gave Charscot the lead with a sublime chip after 17 minutes.

KLF equalised within 13 minutes before taking the lead themselves just before the hour mark.

Jose Maria drew the teams level on 65 minutes with a fine shot from distance and the match was headed to extra time.

With six minutes left Anton Schall stepped up to give Charscot the lead with his first professional goal, a penalty, after a handball in the area.

Longfield bounced straight back, equalising within seconds and seemingly sending the game to a penalty shoot out.

As time expired there was one final twist as Thorbjorn Svenssen overhit a back pass which found it's way into the net and gave Longfield the trophy for a second successive season.

Manager Rich Grove was devastated afterwards. "That is no way to lose a Final. We were excellent in so much of our play, creating more chances, and on another day we would have won the game. However, it wasn't meant to be and we send all our congratulations to Marc Curtis-Smith and his Longfield K.L.F side who have done a superb job to retain the trophy whilst also promoting".

"Now we need to immediately bounce back as we start a new season with a very hard match at St Joseph's BC. I have a number of decisions to make with regards to who plays and indeed how we play next season".

With the end of a season comes the annual club awards. With no less than 7 ever presents the Player of the Year contest was expected to be an open one but the fans overwhelmingly voted for Captain Jose Maria, winning an unprecedented seventh Player of the Year award.

The Young Player of the Year award went to keeper Gianluigi Donnarumma whose excellent season between the sticks was instrumental in going unbeaten and winning the youth league.

The fans elected two players to the club's Hall of Fame with Frantisek Planicka, in his first professional season at the club being voted in after a outstanding first season as the club's first choice goalkeeper.

The second player elected is Marco Adani, a signing just before the end of last season from A.F.C Binfield, Marco has been excellent and like Frantisek is an ever present. His eye for a goal from midfield an extra bonus.
A home match with Shaolin F.C has proven to be an enjoyable one over the years but recent seasons have seen Shaolin finally remember they are meant to try and win, and what a difference it has made !

They came to The Blue Silver Stadium with little to play for but returned home with a 1-0 win.

Despite this loss results elsewhere meant Charscot were confirmed in third place in the Premier division, the ninth time they have recorded this final position, a WPL record.

Manager Rich Grove was cautious after the match. "The league position is satisfactory, but we really need to be properly challenging for top spot rather than just being in the vicinity without getting truly in the picture. More importantly we need to be completely focused for the Cup Final next week against Longfield K.L.F. This will not be an easy match as KLF have deservedly returned to the top flight at the first attempt and will be looking to retain the cup".

More movement behind the scenes as the manager rewarded some of those who have earned the right to stay. Chief amongst them is Emiliano Delossantos, a defender initially expected to leave on the market this season but his stellar performances at the back year in and year out have earned him a four year extension and he will stay at the club until he retires now.

Milivoje Novakovic has earned a one year extension and will be pushing to make the starting line  up next season now his training is finished.

Two other players singing one year extensions are in different places within thre manager's thoughts. Armando Alonso has had a good seaon as a defender and another good season will see him likely stay for the long term.

Rafael Gordillo meanwhile had a great first season scoring goals for fun but this season has been embarrassingly shot-shy as a striker. His long term future is clouded in doubt with a change of position in the long term distinctly possible.
With two matches in a busy week the focus of the team was on their cup semi-final as they faced local rivals Ziaste Nequeno at the Klein Stadt stadium.

Having most recently won the cup two seasons ago Charscot were playing in their 8th semi-final having won 4 of the previous 7.

The match was a cagey affair as Ziaste showed some small dominance but lacked the qualioty to break down the Charscot rear guard.

The match looked destined for extra time when Captain Jose Maria did what he has done on so many occasions, scoring a late winner, on this occasion a tap[ in with six minutes left.

At the final whistle the celebrations started and went on long into the night as the fans looked forward to a Cup final against Longfield K.L.F, the team that holds the cup now and is also returning to the top flight after a season away in Division 1.

The team looked worse for wear for their trip to the Champions, The Academy but the Wolverines actually played better in the league match than the cup. However, luck was not on the visitor's side as they lost this fixture 1-0 for the fifth consecutive occasion.

The loss ends the mathematical hopes of a top two finish and Charscot require a maximum of two points from their final two league games to secure third place.

Manager Rich Grove was very happy afterwards. "Our league season has come up short but it was clear that was the case some time ago so I am delighted we have returned for our second cup final in three seasons. We have won two and lost two of them in the past so we know we face a hard match if we want to regain the cup".

Behind the scenes more moves were made as Mahmoud El-Khatib became the final player to be listed on the auction market for the foreseeable future. With Ingelsson also on the market a busy month lies ahead.

Meanwhile Matt Richie and Roque Maspoli have both signed one year extensions. Matt has proven a consistent, if not spectacular, goalscorer and is proving fairly steady. Roque has yet to make his debut as Planicka has been exceptional in goal.
Facing Vanbrugh Royals at home has rarely been a challenge with the home club utterly dominant over the club's respective histories. On paper this match looked like another home win but despite just one shot on target Royals battled vainly and took a deserved point home after a 0-0 draw.

The draw leaves the team on it's own in third and facing a nervous final 3 games with Rhyl just 5 points behind and the club facing the Champions and league leaders next week as part of a double header.

The other match will be the priority as the team face Ziaste Nequeno in the semi-finals of the cup.

Manager RIch Grove was brief today. "Not a lot to say about what was not a good match for the spectator. Disappointing as we wanted to keep the winning run going but we start afresh next week with two hard matches and a top 3 finish and a place in the cup final at stake".

Ademir left the club officially today, joining local rivals Dep El Celtico via the auction market for a fee in excess of 31 million. His departure was expected as despite playing well whenever he put on the shirt the reality was opportunities had become limited in the past couple of years and a fresh start was his best option.

Another player leaving is Svante Ingelsson. Svante has spent one season at the club, most of which was spent improving his skills. With the squad far too large already hard decisions have had to be made and Svante will be sadly leaving.

The draw for the group stages of next season's WPL Super Cup have been made and the club  is joined in Group H by Morrowind Lions, Ynysfawr Athletic and Barton Blitz.
The trip to Dep El Celtico looked a favourable one with the hosts in the process of re-building for next season and thjis appearance was not deceptive as Charscot hit 3 goals in eleven first half minutes to assure an easy win.

Emiliano Delossantos scored from close range on 15 minutes to open the scoring.

Four minutes later Jose Maria hit an exquisite lob to double the lead before Marco Adani's magnificent header on 26 minutes made the score 3-0.

The team went through the motions in the second half with the game won.

The win extended the gap on fourth to seven points with four games left in the season and third place looks likely now as the team gets ready to focus on the cup in two weeks.

Manager Rich Grove was ecstatic afterwards. "It is always satisfying to get the results we are meant to rather than fall short, as so easily can happen. We have a big four weeks ahead of us as we look to take third place, maybe even second and more importantly we can still win the cup".

Behind the scenes Ademir will sell via the auction market in three day's time and his bid is just a little short of Chalmers last month. It is expected that more players may go on the market in the next few weeks depending on certain factors.
The Academy Reserves visited The Blue Silver Stadium for only their third league game at the venue and hoping to avoid defeat for the first time.

The visitors league position looks dire, with an immediate return to Division One looking likely and their slim hopes were boosted when they took a surprise lead on 13 minutes through a Messi free kick.

Shortly after half time Sandor Kocsis maintained his record of always scoring in this fixture with a simple close range goal.

On 65 minutes Jose Maria hit a magnificent 20 yarder to secure the home win as Jose celebrated his 400th club appearance, a figure only reached by two previous players.

The win closed the gap on second placed St Joseph's BC to 3 points whilst expending the gap over Rhyl F.C to 4 points as both rivals lost.

Manager Rich Grove was in a positive mood after the match. "That was a crappy affair but after a couple of defeats getting back to winning ways was the priority. We now can focus on a local derby at Dep El Celtico next week and on finalising the breakdown of the squad for next season".

One player not part of the plans is Ademir, who has 10 days left on the market before he leaves the club.
The trip to A.F.C Binfield has been a good one for the Wolverines in recent seasons but the manager was wary about the effectiveness of the new tactics.

That caution was well founded as despite dominating the play Charscot were wasteful in the final third of the pitch and the hosts cruised to a 3-0 win.

On a week when the top two didn't win this loss showed just how out of touch of the leading two Charscot actually are and with Rhyl and Dep El closing in on Charscot the club could easily be fifth in a week or two.

Manager Rich Grove didn't seem overly concerned. "I learned an important lesson today and this will be notedd for future meetings. A shame to lose but with the cup our only chance of silverware this loss is more a learning experience than anything else".

In the Cup Charscot have been drawn against Ziaste Nequeno and the club will be hopeful of progress to another Cup Final.

Behind the scenes moves continue with Bernard Voorhoof leaving the club for Seabourne City with Ted Williams joining Wascisco Red Sox as part of a bigger deal.

Luis Rekarte re-joined his parent club Dep El Celtico and Svante Ingelsson completed his training out on loan and will be returning to the club now.

More moves are expected in the coming weeks and all eyes for now are on the auction market and the listing of Ademir.
The biggest week of the season saw confirmation, if it were needed, that any league title aspirations were a pipe dream but did give hope of another Cup win as the team moved into the semi-finals.

A busy week on the road as first up Charscot lost at Real Madrid by a solitary goal. The defeat leaves the team still third with a 4 point cushion to fourth but nop likelihood of catching second never mind first.

The cup quarter-finals saw the team travel to Division 1 strugglers Spondon Phoenix F.C who knocked the club out last season in the second round. This time Charscot safely progressed with two goals in the second half as Delossantos and substitute Rensenbrink scored the goals.

Manager Rich Grove was content afterwards. "The league was always a very long shot so cup progression took priority this week and I am delighted we have moved on to the last four. Now we have a few weeks to focus on league points before the big semi final".

A busy week behind the scenes as more players left the club and more plans were made.

Leaving next week will be one of the Dep El Celtico trainees, Luis Rekarte, whose five week injury brings an end to his time at the club. The other trainee arrived from The Northerners this week as Aldo Duscher made his youth debut with two goals. He will stay at the club until the end of next season when he joins Dep El.

Ademir left for the auction market and is expected to make the same ballpark figure that identical player Stevie Chalmers made a few weeks ago.
Charscot hosted a tricky Balham Town side who have proven to be a hard opponent over the years.

The match couldn't have started worse, with Town taking a first minute lead through Renoit.

On 29 minutes Jose Maria hit a brilliant shot from 25 yards to level the score.

Matt Richie then gave Charscot a half time lead with a superb free kick.

For the second week running Rob Rensenbrink came off of the bench to score a goal, this time a spectacular curler from distance.

The win keeps the team in third place, with a 7 point gap over fourth place and still adrift of the top, now by five points.

Manager Rich Grove was elated afterwards. "After a sticky start that was a superb performance and if we keep playing like this the season will end as a successful one as it looks like we finally are hitting our stride tactically. We now have an enormous week as we travel to Real Madrid looking to maintain our cushion over the chasing pack, whilst also going to Spondon for a big cup quarter-final".

With a busy week ahead the manager has confirmed that Ademir will be going onto the auction market next week.
Charscot travelled to Rhyl F.C for a match that could have a large bearing on who finishes third this season.

With the manager making plans for next season the anticipation was that changes would happen in the next week after a loss today but today's result and scorers have given the manager pause for thought.

Mahmoud El-Khatib was believed to be making his final appearance and he headed in magnificently to give Charscot the lead shortly before the half hour mark.

Jansen levelled the scores just past the hour mark before another player expected to leave soon, Emiliano Delossantaos scores a superb solo goal on 64 minutes.

Rob Rensenbrink scores his first goal off of the bench since the home game against Rhyl with 15 to go to complete a 3-1 victory.

The win keeps Charscot third with a 4 point cushion to fourth place and a confused manager, Rich Grove. "I am know sure at this stage what will happen with the squad but I will decide in the next 24 hours and act accordingly".

"I would rather have players prove their worth than live up to my low expectations of them os this is a good problem to have and one I will resolve this week. As to the match this was a brilliant result at a ground we have often struggled at and we simply have to keep winning".

A few players seemingly won't be under any immediate threat after signing contract extensions this week. Rensebrink, Novakovic, Schlosser, Wilkes and Mbappe all signed one year deals with Svenssen and Schall signing 2 year deals.

Meanwhile Stevie Chalmers completed his exit from the club as he joined Poole Town Panthers via the auction market for a fee of 31,777,777.
A home match against mid-table Long Eaton Archers has long been an enjoyable fixture for the Wolverines, who haven't lost this fixture in 18 calendar years,

That makes today's defeat, the teams first in over two months, all the harder to take.

The match started badly with the team one down in six minutes and despite \Jose Maria's toe poke half an hour later to equalise the match was level for just two minutes.

The result leaves the team still third, but a full three wins adrift of top and just a point ahead of next week's opponents Rhyl F.C.

Manager Rich Grove blasted his team after the match. "Complete and utter garbage. Simply no excuse for such a lamentable result. The Archers have been a side we have swept away with ease over the years and although we didn't have much luck on our side today that is no excuse for losing to them. I have doubts about a number of our players and depending on what happens with Stevie Chalmers in the next 3 days with his auction market bidding quick changes could happen".

In the S.L.F.A. cup the team have been drawn away to Division One strugglers Spondon Phoenix F.C, the lowest placed club left in the cup.
A big week for the club as the team faced two tricky away matches, looking to extend the team's unbeaten run of six games.

The visit to The Northerners has proven a hard match in recent seasons but today was very different as Charscot tore the hosts apart with a 3 goal blitz before half time.

Adani's header was followed up by two sublime chips from Maria that left the hosts in disarray and the second half was a mere formality.

The win keeps the team third in the league but with a four point gap to fourth.

In the cup the team went to Long Eaton Terriers of the second division. As with the league match the game was decided in the first half.

Matt Richie lobbed home early on and a brilliant free kick from Ricario Sanchez finished the scoring on 26 minutes.

The team moves into the quarter-finals as one of five top flight sides and 3 Division One clubs.

Manager Rich Grove was very happy afterwards. "Absolutely delighted with the matches. We have performed to a very high standard and the two clean sheets is a very reassuring aspect of the wins. We have to keep playing at this standard and if we do the season can still have some meaning, albeit more likely in the cup".

"We have plans in place for next season in terms of the squad makeup and a lot will depend on a decent bid appearing for Chalmers on the market, who sells in 10 days".
A local derby with Ziaste Nequeno was never likely to produce a hard match with the visitors seemingly destined for relegation and despite battling in the early stages the visitors collapsed to a 3-0 loss.

Marco Adani continued his strong run of goals from midfield with a tap in from five yards just before the half hour mark.

The hosts continued to push forward, forcing Ziaste's defenders into mistakes as both Kristjansso and Erimuyas scored own goals to complete a 3-0 scoreline.

The win keeps Charscot third above flying Rhyl, winners of 8 consecutive matches and closed the gap slightly on the top two who swapped places again.

In the Super Cup the team pulled off a 1-0 win  at Southpool courtesy of a Matt Richie penalty but it wasn't enough as the team lost the final 2-1 on aggregate.

Charscot donated their prize money to the prize pool as the manager felt that other clubs would appreciate the funds more than the cash rich Charscot club.

Manager Rich Grove was happy afterwards. "Overall a good week and we go into next week's double header looking to maintain our current unbeaten run and hopefully stay third and progress in the cup too".

"We still have plans going forward for more players to leave the club, although that may depend on just how much Chalmers raises on the auction market as a weak winning bid will make future listings pointless".

Ademir went out on loan to Wascisco Red Sox to get some game time in the final months of the season.
A disappointing week for the team as another two points were dropped in the league and the team lost the first leg of the Super Cup Final 2-0.

In the league travelling to struggling Carnbroe Rovers should really be three points gained but the team let a goal in after just 3 minutes. Despite equalizing through Svenssen's header just past the half hour mark the visitors couldn't find the winner their overall play demanded.

The draw leaves the team still third but now with a number of sides looking to overtake the team.

In the Super CUp Southpool won 2-0 to put one hand on the trophy.

Manager Rich Grove was frustrated afterwards. "We are unbeaten in 6 games but we are drawing too many to truly compete and the team simply has to put away more of the chances they create".

"We are planning for next season and will be letting a number of players leave between now and the end of the season. Few will be in deals as it has become hard work to find any offers that are balanced for both parties".

"Whilst losing the Super Cup first leg I am not at all unhappy as we don't have any real need to be winning that trophy as the money is meaningless considering our finances and Southpool clearly could use the extra money based on their league result this week !).

Stevie Chalmers was placed on the auction market today and will sell in just over 3 and a half weeks. Bidding on him will go a long way to determining if others leave later in the season or not. A good return could see the club bring their squad numbers down considerably.
A big week as the club faced 3 matches that would determine whether the team had anything to play for as the second half of the season started.

First up was a league match at home to St Joseph's BC , who lead the league after 8 consecutive wins.

Charscot put in a good performance, controlling the match, but couldn't find the net and had to settle for a goalless draw that leaves the team adrift in third place.

In the second round of the S.L.F.A Cup the team hosted fellow top flight side The Northerners, one of only two all top flight matches in the round.

The team put in an excellent performance, dominating throughout and progressing through a Ricario Sanchez header.

In the Super Cup the team played Rapid Gentrification for a third time to determine who goes to the final to face Southpool.

A Matt Richie hat-trick saw the team win 3-1 and the first leg of the final awaits next week.

Manager Rich Grove was content afterwards. "Whilst not winning in the league kills any slim title aspirations we had the new tactics still see us unbeaten and we have two cup progressions to be pleased about. I have also made decisions about the personnel at the club and a few players will be leaving in the months ahead. First to leave will be Stevie Chalmers, who will be placed on the auction market next week."

As part of the planned departures some players will be recalled, first up, Anton Schall, whose training is finished and he will be back at the club next week.
A poor start to the New Year as Charscot could only draw with struggling local rivals Beeston Athletic, a fixture that usually has been a fairly easy 3 points for the hosts in the past.

Marco Adani scored with a magnificent free kick on 36 minutes, a lead that lasted just 90 seconds  before Jakob Johansson equalised with an exquisite chip.

The match was an open one with both sides going close to a winner but both teams left with a point, a result that doesn't really help either side.

Charscot stay third but lose ground on the top two and host the leaders next week, knowing that a win is the only result that can keep the league season alive. However, with a second round cup tie against The Northerners to negotiate safe passage through it could be a very hard week for the players.

Manager Rich Grove was disappointed post-match. "Simply not good enough. The new tactics aren't gelling yet and time is of the essence as we face two enormous matches next week".

In the WPL Super Cup Charscot drew 2-2 again with Rapid Gentrification as Jose Maria hit a brace of penalties and the tie will go to a third game to see who will play Southpool in the final.

Behind the scenes at the club moves are afoot to change up the squad and action on the auction market seems likely with offers hard to find.